Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Boker plus Teck tools

Essexman · 116 · 14989

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Re: Boker plus Teck tools
Reply #90 on: September 18, 2015, 09:23:26 PM
Why they keep putting cock screw on everything?
Check out Nr. 5!
I said cock screw! ::)

Thank god not ring!

And 50ft, I still do wait for a moment to either take mine apart (if it is possible) or to take it with me for a while. I just find the knife (5 Layer) too big for pocket carry and want to have a big plier when at work.

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #91 on: September 18, 2015, 09:58:31 PM

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline tommywp

Reply #92 on: September 18, 2015, 11:49:31 PM

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #93 on: September 19, 2015, 12:44:03 AM

:D

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #94 on: September 19, 2015, 08:04:04 AM
Just for reference, BladeHQ has also made a video introducing various models:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY8hGNM8V_8&list=TLRLg0Wr-NnNkxODA5MjAxNQ

us Offline raistlin65

• No Life Club
  • An Alox SAK Made Me Do It!
Reply #95 on: September 19, 2015, 11:43:19 PM
Just for reference, BladeHQ has also made a video introducing various models:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY8hGNM8V_8&list=TLRLg0Wr-NnNkxODA5MjAxNQ

Thanks!

BladeHQ does have the Tech Tool 5 and Outdoor 5 with the phillips listed as coming soon, so I was able to subscribe to email notification of when they are in  :tu:

us Offline tommywp

Reply #96 on: September 21, 2015, 02:53:39 PM
Can one of you guys that have one of these try to cut a clothing tag with the scissors and report back. This is my test for good scissors...most MTs fail. Thanks!

us Offline Yalius

Reply #97 on: September 23, 2015, 09:25:10 PM
Can one of you guys that have one of these try to cut a clothing tag with the scissors and report back. This is my test for good scissors...most MTs fail. Thanks!

I just received my Outdoor 4 and there are some things I really like about it, and a few things that are kind of meh, and one thing that I dislike.

Likes: Handle scales-- feel and grip are significant improvements over cellidor and alox. Screw construction. Belt clip. Overall shape with a bit of a swell towards the butt-- ergonomically, an improvement over Vic 91s.

The mehs: Build quality a bit below Victorinox, especially apparent with the scissors. Did not pass the clothing tag test, repeatedly failing. Also both the pliers and scissors have torsion bars that ride the backspring, so there is noticeable movement of both implements during use. Adequate but not exceptional edge on the main blade. A tad heavy but seems pretty burly compared to Vic 91s.

The weird dislike: The serrated blade. It has a medium-small screwdriver flat blade at the tip and is VERY stout for its length. But it opens to about a 45 degree angle to the knife, making use of the screwdriver tip very iffy, scarily so considering if the driver slips, you're raking a serrated blade across whatever you were driving. The angle makes sense given a primary use of the blade as a cord or strap cutter, but I'm not even going to attempt using it as a screwdriver.

Overall verdict: I like it. Design-wise, I give it an B+, losing just a smidge because of the serrated blade tip choice. Comfort and feel in had are standout areas. A few little tweaks to the scissors and pliers would be nice as well. I think it will see some rotation time on days I'd otherwise have an Explorer or D. Tinker.

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #98 on: September 24, 2015, 11:50:29 AM
The weird dislike: The serrated blade. It has a medium-small screwdriver flat blade at the tip and is VERY stout for its length. But it opens to about a 45 degree angle to the knife, making use of the screwdriver tip very iffy, scarily so considering if the driver slips, you're raking a serrated blade across whatever you were driving. The angle makes sense given a primary use of the blade as a cord or strap cutter, but I'm not even going to attempt using it as a screwdriver.

That screwdriver tip fits a Phillips screw beautifully, but like you I feel it's too hazardous to use in that capacity.  A frustrating design flaw.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #99 on: October 03, 2015, 09:10:28 AM
Carrying mine in the Off-Brand Challenge

So far the scissors are very disappointing. Anyone else with one have the same experience or did I just get a dud?
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #100 on: October 03, 2015, 01:28:42 PM
So far the scissors are very disappointing. Anyone else with one have the same experience or did I just get a dud?

I found mine to be OK, they will cut paracord without any difficulty.  Not a patch on Victorinox scissors of course, but at least as good as Leatherman Juice scissors.  And way better than the set of SOG scissors that I have.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #101 on: October 04, 2015, 10:13:09 AM

I found mine to be OK, they will cut paracord without any difficulty.  Not a patch on Victorinox scissors of course, but at least as good as Leatherman Juice scissors.  And way better than the set of SOG scissors that I have.
I found now that they work better on hard/stiff material.
No problem cutting cable ties or clamshell packaging (will post pictures later tonight in my OBC-thread)

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #102 on: October 05, 2015, 12:48:24 AM

Damning them with faint praise then?
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

gb Offline shibafu

Reply #103 on: October 05, 2015, 12:17:49 PM

Damning them with faint praise then?

That wasn't my intention :)  I think they're quite acceptable.  Not the best, but only one can be the best!

gb Offline Essexman

• No Life Club
Reply #104 on: October 06, 2015, 12:03:09 PM
So having come back to this thread after some time I’ve realised my love for the Boker has gone. It sits in the bowl with my other EDC gear and I tend not to pick it up too much. Thinking about it, my Victorinox tools are being picked up and used as ever, but not the Boker. It’s OK, it does some things well (nice big blade, good clip), but there are other features that is doesn’t (see others comments above!).

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a very well made tool, just needs a bit more design to get it spot on right in every way. Considering it’s the MK1 version I think they did well. I really hope that Boker continue and make more tools, and develop the range over time.
Maybe we are spoilt by the likes of Victorinox who have been amking tools for some time now, Boker just have a bit of catching up to do.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #105 on: October 06, 2015, 12:55:16 PM
So having come back to this thread after some time I’ve realised my love for the Boker has gone. It sits in the bowl with my other EDC gear and I tend not to pick it up too much. Thinking about it, my Victorinox tools are being picked up and used as ever, but not the Boker. It’s OK, it does some things well (nice big blade, good clip), but there are other features that is doesn’t (see others comments above!).

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a very well made tool, just needs a bit more design to get it spot on right in every way. Considering it’s the MK1 version I think they did well. I really hope that Boker continue and make more tools, and develop the range over time.
Maybe we are spoilt by the likes of Victorinox who have been amking tools for some time now, Boker just have a bit of catching up to do.
I agree on all accounts, except the MK1 part...

Sadly, with Boker pushing so many versions, I presume that Boker is done with designing and moved on to reaping. I'm also hoping to be wrong about this.

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools

us Offline Yalius

Reply #107 on: October 08, 2015, 06:43:56 PM

Interesting, my opinion of my Outdoor 4 is the opposite-- a better design than Victorinox, let down by indifferent execution. I'd love to see Victorinox license the design and put it together.

de Online matzesu

Reply #108 on: December 26, 2015, 08:13:17 PM
I ditnt understand this numbers: as far i know is the tektool 4 the one whit the most tools, but there is also a tektool 7 and a 1 2 3 whit less tools..
So which one to shose if you want everytool ??
And is there an teechtool equivalent to a swisschamp??
To have tweezer and toothpic i would also carry an little SAK like the Classic..
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent)..

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Re: Boker plus Tech tools
Reply #109 on: December 06, 2017, 04:48:28 PM
Yup. Guilty as charged with dragging up a nigh on 2 year old thread by the hair...

Walked by a well known cutlery chain store in the city I work in, yesterday at lunchtime, and saw these (green for Outdoor) were for sale at less than half of (indicated) MSRP, and decided to go for the largest model (no. 4, I believe) out of curiosity.

Not too shabby at all (especially for the price). Nice wide main blade, pocket clip and scales, as well as tool snap and build quality which generally are nice - lots of space between the tools though, seems they wanted to include liners between all the separate tools and these, combined with the wide tool tangs make for relatively inefficient use of space compared to Vic.

I haven't read through all the posts above, but none of those I did read mentioned a glass breaker pin at the end opposite the main blade pivot. Might be a recent(ish) addition. If anyone is interested I can post a pic.
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline King_Gorilla

Reply #110 on: December 06, 2017, 06:09:48 PM
Not too shabby at all (especially for the price). Nice wide main blade, pocket clip and scales, as well as tool snap and build quality which generally are nice - lots of space between the tools though, seems they wanted to include liners between all the separate tools and these, combined with the wide tool tangs make for relatively inefficient use of space compared to Vic.

I haven't read through all the posts above, but none of those I did read mentioned a glass breaker pin at the end opposite the main blade pivot. Might be a recent(ish) addition. If anyone is interested I can post a pic.

Yeah,  Pictures  :tu:   :gimme:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #111 on: December 06, 2017, 07:23:59 PM

Yeah,  Pictures  :tu:   :gimme:

:imws:
that's the price to pay for necro-ing a 2 year old thread!!  :pok:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline G-Dizzle

• No Life Club
Reply #112 on: December 06, 2017, 07:29:49 PM

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #113 on: December 07, 2017, 07:29:34 AM

Sent on my SM-G930F with Tapatalk

Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #114 on: December 07, 2017, 12:08:24 PM
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Sent on my SM-G930F with Tapatalk

thanks!   :tu:
I love those scales, both texture and color   :salute:
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #115 on: May 28, 2019, 11:53:45 PM

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68