Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My watch history shortly.

fi Offline temo

My watch history shortly.
on: May 27, 2019, 01:18:08 PM
My first better watch was Q&Q I got as a present when I was a kid (not in picture though have that somewhere). First watch I bought were citisen chrono. I remember I used hours to set that up and study features (calendar, alarm, timing etc). It was great when hands where moving when changed from function to function. Watch still works, maybe some day get battery for that. Biggest minus was it was not water resistant. I can't remember exactly how old it is but I think at least 20y.

Suunto and Seiko I had quite paraller. Don't remember which I bought first. These are two workhorses. I have kept these in shower, swimming, sauna (not recommended for any watch I think). No issues with water. Seiko is really tough. Kept it for years and still working like new. There are some scratches in wristband. Glass is clear. I would rate this to best watch I have had. Also I like a look most. Suunto is also great but as a plastic model just do not feel as precious.

More recent watches are fitbit surge and Garmin forerunner 235. I could say digital and mobile age watches. No need to set times and dates. But need connectivity to mobile to get benefits. Garmin is my current watch. Quite happy with it. Both have gps and can draw track to map when outdoors. And garmin as name implicate is good for jogging and running excersises.

Once I looked for mechanical watches for quite a long time. But prices are quite high. But sure can understand why many people like those. Really precision mechanics. Just wonder how some people can work with those tiny wheels and gears.

As general history of watches is interesting. Battery watches battery last years. Then there are solar powered watches that no need to change battery every second year or so. And now watches are charged every day.. Well garmin has about week working time in charge if not using gps a lot. But apple watch and android wear day is common and two three day is a lot. So less then winding watches in old times.

Sent from my VIE-L09 using Tapatalk

nz Offline Syncop8r

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: My watch history shortly.
Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 02:26:58 PM
You clearly have a lot of time on your hands.  :D   ::)   :facepalm:

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: My watch history shortly.
Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 02:32:02 PM
Very nice temo, badge awarded.   :tu:   :like: