Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Scales again...

gb Offline craggus2000

Scales again...
on: May 29, 2019, 12:01:07 AM
Hi all,
Its been a while since I posted here. With work being pretty manic, parenting, and getting the garden ready for summer I've not had a lot of time for much else....
However, I'm still in progress with a couple of mods I've been planning for some time and nearing completion on one of them, which brings me to my question :
Have there ever been any 91mm scales that don't have the cut out for a corkscrew/Phillips? If not has anyone ever hacked 2 stock sets of scales on to one knife, so to speak?

I don't really have time to make a set of scales from scratch at the moment, but will find some nice wood if I have to!  👀
-
Craggus2000

"If it ain't broke, break it and make it better!

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Re: Scales again...
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 07:55:56 PM
There have been such scales...but they are very, very rare!

I don't recall anyone using a front scale to cover the back, but I don't see it as a big deal if you are willing to glue it on. And older, solid one might work better and have more surface to bond with the liner.

I've thought about doing this in the context of using a front scale that didn't have any scale tool slots. But that's about it.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

za Offline Max Stone

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Scales again...
Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 11:19:43 PM
Maybe consider 84mm range? Recruit, etc without back tools.
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%