Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ferrocerium anyone?

Splat · 47 · 5416

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Ferrocerium anyone?
Reply #30 on: December 17, 2008, 11:04:41 PM
I don't fear the Boogie Man like you do I guess :D

Of course not!  Unlike Benner, you carry a ferro rod!  :D
I was more thinking on the lines that I'm probably uglier than the Boogie man, so he'd flee screaming, leaving me alone :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #31 on: December 17, 2008, 11:06:38 PM

I was thinking on the lines that I'm probably uglier than the Boogie man, so he'd flee screaming, leaving me alone :D
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline Splat

Reply #32 on: December 17, 2008, 11:26:50 PM
Does anyone know a link to a bunch of different models of ferro rods :think: seems like Mikko or somebody had a thread similar to this or he had the link or something but I don't know where that is at ATM ::) :D Thanks for any help :tu:

Here's a guy selling different sizes of ferro rods: http://www.ferrocerium.com/
Splat

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #33 on: December 18, 2008, 01:09:47 PM

:D :D
I'm back!!

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 02:49:32 AM
Does anyone know a link to a bunch of different models of ferro rods :think: seems like Mikko or somebody had a thread similar to this or he had the link or something but I don't know where that is at ATM ::) :D Thanks for any help :tu:

Here's a guy selling different sizes of ferro rods: http://www.ferrocerium.com/

Thanks for the link :tu:

It seems as though they are having technical difficulties ATM though  :-\

I'll have to check back later :)

Offline 1stcavmp77

Reply #35 on: March 23, 2009, 09:13:35 PM
fears of breakink down in the middle of nowhere are why you should have a survival kit in your vehicle with a good bushcrafting knife and knowledge of how to break open wet logs to get to the dry wood inside. ::)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #36 on: June 29, 2016, 04:56:39 AM
I have several of these now and I guess I should get a pic because we all know :worthless:

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #37 on: June 29, 2016, 04:57:26 AM
I remember this thread vividly as well from back in the day :dd:

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #38 on: June 29, 2016, 08:43:18 AM
 You could be trapped in a building, or sink hole, the ground could collapse and you land in a cavern with no possible means back, could be abducted by aliens or an ex who drops you off the the middle of no where. The soviets could attack and you head to the nearest mine shaft to escape fall out. or maybe you're a fire bug, or you get trapped in an abandoned building, or you have an automobile accident at night in between towns, lose control of the vehicle, and break your leg. Or you get tossed out of a vehicle at night and no phone of flashlight. Many things can happen.

Most of what Benner was saying one could and probably said of multitools.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #39 on: June 29, 2016, 01:32:54 PM
You could be trapped in a building, or sink hole, the ground could collapse and you land in a cavern with no possible means back, could be abducted by aliens or an ex who drops you off the the middle of no where. The soviets could attack and you head to the nearest mine shaft to escape fall out. or maybe you're a fire bug, or you get trapped in an abandoned building, or you have an automobile accident at night in between towns, lose control of the vehicle, and break your leg. Or you get tossed out of a vehicle at night and no phone of flashlight. Many things can happen.

And I now have one on a few different sets of my keys because of this thread :D Like Mike said it's cheap insurance ;) I didn't think much about it at the time I just liked watching them argue :D

Reply #40 on: June 29, 2016, 09:21:51 PM

And I now have one on a few different sets of my keys because of this thread :D Like Mike said it's cheap insurance ;) I didn't think much about it at the time I just liked watching them argue :D

Was stopped at a security checkpoint when entering a Federal building. Totally forgot about the Exotac NanoStriker on my keychain. Guy asked me what's this? Ops, brb. Put it out in the car. Didn't say a word. Didn't want to be hauled off as a pyro-terrorist or something.
¬ Outback in Idaho

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #41 on: June 29, 2016, 10:09:15 PM

Was stopped at a security checkpoint when entering a Federal building. Totally forgot about the Exotac NanoStriker on my keychain. Guy asked me what's this? Ops, brb. Put it out in the car. Didn't say a word. Didn't want to be hauled off as a pyro-terrorist or something.

and that is why I try and stay away from the govenment as much as possible :D No problems with them just rather not be around that type of things if I can help it ;)

Reply #42 on: June 29, 2016, 10:50:06 PM

and that is why I try and stay away from the govenment as much as possible :D No problems with them just rather not be around that type of things if I can help it ;)

Don't think TSA would of allowed it on board either, or in baggage. Probably listed as an incendiary device.
¬ Outback in Idaho

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #43 on: June 30, 2016, 04:34:55 AM

Don't think TSA would of allowed it on board either, or in baggage. Probably listed as an incendiary device.

Don't fly either :whistle:

us Offline gene stoner

• No Life Club
Reply #44 on: July 12, 2016, 05:07:18 PM
I always have a Bic on me till I lend it to my Wife and she loses it. I bought these toggles of eBay for less then a Dollar each. So far I happy with their performance. They're compact effective and inexpensive. Why not have one?
IMG_20160712_072849.jpg
* IMG_20160712_072849.jpg (Filesize: 153.31 KB)
Jeep the SAK of the auto world or is it SAK the Jeep of the Knife world?

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #45 on: July 12, 2016, 10:53:46 PM
I always have a Bic on me till I lend it to my Wife and she loses it. I bought these toggles of eBay for less then a Dollar each. So far I happy with their performance. They're compact effective and inexpensive. Why not have one?

Those toggle firesteel rods are like the ones I have as well :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: July 12, 2016, 10:56:51 PM
Great idea on the toggles. 
Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!