Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Finally

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Finally
on: May 31, 2019, 05:17:15 AM
A Hard Earned Knife Rights Victory! Freedom (Finally) Wins in New York!

https://kniferights.org/legislative-update/a-knife-rights-victory-freedom-finally-wins-in-new-york/

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Finally
Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 05:33:19 AM
It is a nice victory, but I wouldn’t go as far as saying “freedom” finally wins in NY, because of their history of corruption of finding ways to manipulate around vagueness to achieve the infringements that they want.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 07:32:36 AM
Not from NY, but am glad to see this 'victory'.  It never quite make complete sense to me, why gun ownership could be legal, but certain knives are not.  I remember reading the change of knife law in Canada, where some longer umbrella knives/saber remains ok, but shorter weak detent knife might not, that too don't make sense to me... :dunno:

il Offline pomsbz

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 10:44:35 AM
Congrats. It seems that knives still seem to be fully concealed which seems to count out even pouches or using them outdoors in any way or am I getting that wrong?
"It is better to lose health like a spendthrift than to waste it like a miser." - Robert Louis Stevenson

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 11:37:17 AM
Sometimes I wish I never clicked on a thread, I hadn't thought about all the crap I went through for a long time and this brought it right back to the forefront of my mind, I hope I can get an hour of sleep tonight.

I did see this link in that article which I wish I had known of back then https://kniferights.org/if-arrested/
Just some food for thought to all of us Knife lovers. There's a thread here I posted years ago about my ordeal, I'm not in the mood to go looking for it right now, but it makes for a good read, I would hope someday there is a class action suit I can partake in, cost me a lot of money, time and a portion of my sanity & health. Sorry to vent.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 11:46:53 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 12:14:37 PM
Sometimes I wish I never clicked on a thread, I hadn't thought about all the crap I went through for a long time and this brought it right back to the forefront of my mind, I hope I can get an hour of sleep tonight.

I did see this link in that article which I wish I had known of back then https://kniferights.org/if-arrested/
Just some food for thought to all of us Knife lovers. There's a thread here I posted years ago about my ordeal, I'm not in the mood to go looking for it right now, but it makes for a good read, I would hope someday there is a class action suit I can partake in, cost me a lot of money, time and a portion of my sanity & health. Sorry to vent.

Thanks for the link, just skipped thru it, and holy smoke, I ain't sure it is even worth it to carry a knife with this kind or precaution to be taken. :ahhh

But in retrospect, I am sure many knife nuts in NY is really happy with this victory.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 04:58:55 PM
Congrats. It seems that knives still seem to be fully concealed which seems to count out even pouches or using them outdoors in any way or am I getting that wrong?

Concealed is definitely still a requirement but is one that I generally prefer. As far as using them outdoors or in public, I think I would avoid it unless absolutely necessary :dunno:

Sorry to have dredged up bad memories Blackbeard :-[

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 04:49:08 AM
Concealed is definitely still a requirement but is one that I generally prefer. As far as using them outdoors or in public, I think I would avoid it unless absolutely necessary :dunno:

Sorry to have dredged up bad memories Blackbeard :-[

No worries, I was just blowing off some steam

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69