Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Just got this today!!

Offline mikekoz

Just got this today!!
on: June 02, 2019, 01:15:50 AM
   Today I got two more C@C mulitools, and I wanted to show off one of them! The tool is made by a company called B/Bury. Odd name I know, but I am really impressed with this tool. I have not used it, so all of this is just my first impressions. First of all, this is a large heavy multitool, so if you like your tools thin and light, this may not be for you. Me personally, I like larger tools so this is right up my alley! The tools finish is excellent and is similar to ones costing about twice what I paid, which was around $31.00. All of the tools lock. The knives and saw are all very sharp right out of the box. I love the tool set. The only thing missing is scissors, which I find very useful, but I guess you cannot have it all! The pliers are spring loaded and very comfortable in the hand. The outer edges are rounded and do not dig into my hand at all. Now for the best part! It has a standard sized driver and comes with several two sided bits. The extension you see in the photo does not come with the tool, but it is one of the few I have put into a multitool driver holder that does not wobble when inserted! But that is not even the best part of the driver. It is the only multitool I own where the driver actually locks in two positions. It locks at 90 and 180 degrees!  :cheers: The unlock mechanism is also nice where it just involves pressing a lever to fold the tools back in, very much like the Bear & Son models. I plan on using this over the next few weeks. I hope it performs as well as it looks!     :like:

Mtool1" border="0 Mtool2" border="0 Mtool3" border="0 Mtool4" border="0 Mtool5" border="0 Mtool6" border="0

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Just got this today!!
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 01:34:07 AM
Nice pics. Let us know how goes.   :tu:   :tu:

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 03:02:21 AM
Really, Bear and Son should be looking at this tool in order to improve that very locking mechanism. On this model, it  does not stick out that much, and thus does not get in the way. Yet, on Bear and Sons models, it does, making the tools painful to use, and easy to inadvertently disengage (I actually cut myself once pretty bad because of that, which led me to swear to never buy a locking Bear Jaws again).

I really like this tool. For a working MT, it's perfect. And it uses standard bits!

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 04:48:49 AM
wait a second...is that a true 1/4 inch driver? If so..its a big deal.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 07:25:04 AM
That's a really nice find, look robust!  Please do keep us posted on how you think it actually perform.

I too like it accepts regular 1/4 bits, that's just convenient.

au Online ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 01:11:08 PM
It certainly looks much better than a ton of off-brand tools.
I am concerned about the weight and handle splay, but it does look nice, and I appreciate a nice load-out and effective locking mechanism.

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 12:25:57 PM
I notice this is selling too at Amazon US at $31....

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 03, 2019, 02:06:01 PM
Did we confirm that it's 1/4 inch driver?

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 03:01:48 PM
Did we confirm that it's 1/4 inch driver?

From the looks, its should be a double ended bits. Probably with a ball indent on the bits itself. So a regular hex bit will fall right in. Thats probably why there is a bit extender in his picture.

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 04:12:37 AM
From the looks, its should be a double ended bits. Probably with a ball indent on the bits itself. So a regular hex bit will fall right in. That's probably why there is a bit extender in his picture.

is it bad I want to see if the pivots have any similarity to those in a Leatherman so I might be able to use the 1/4 inch driver?  :drool:

Offline mikekoz

Reply #10 on: June 04, 2019, 04:44:28 AM
From the looks, its should be a double ended bits. Probably with a ball indent on the bits itself. So a regular hex bit will fall right in. Thats probably why there is a bit extender in his picture.

That is correct. However, if you use an extended length bit, it fits right in and stays there. It is a 1/4" socket.

Mtool7" border="0

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: June 04, 2019, 05:57:20 AM
      That is correct. However, if you use an extended length bit, it fits right in and stays there. It is a 1/4" socket.

Mtool7" border="0

:cheers: needless to say, I have ordered one.  :facepalm:

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #12 on: June 04, 2019, 07:43:29 AM
Nice writeup, Mikekoz! :like:

Thank you for taking the time to do it. :cheers:
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: June 04, 2019, 08:45:57 AM
is it bad I want to see if the pivots have any similarity to those in a Leatherman so I might be able to use the 1/4 inch driver?  :drool:
Very bad  >:D >:D >:D

(me too...)
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline BauerMobileToolSystems

• My JerryRig tips: www.facebook.com/BauerCustom
Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 08:52:27 AM
 Looks bada$$!!! Pocket clip? :like:

Offline mikekoz

Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 04:30:48 PM
Looks bada$$!!! Pocket clip? :like:

It does have a pocket clip. Cannot believe I did not take a photo of the other side of the tool!   :twak: :dunno:

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 02:01:20 AM
:cheers: needless to say, I have ordered one.  :facepalm:

Sam, plz let me know what you find out about this tool. It seems way too nice honestly to be true. All outside opening tools...full 1/4" bit exchanger... It has the big 4 tools (minus Scissor) and an Awl, something that is constantly missing from tools.

can you give us the amazon link?

Edit:

https://www.amazon.com/Multitool-Multi-Purpose-Stainless-Multi-Plier-Multi-tool/dp/B07QJ5VP8N?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAI3UJXNKQSHF57B4A&tag=t4m00-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07QJ5VP8N

found it
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 02:12:55 AM by Happy Gilmore »

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: June 16, 2019, 09:24:25 PM
Had this for a few days now. Not really using it though. Just my in hands impression.

First of, as Mike said, it is a really big tool but have a very sturdy constuction. Feeling in the hands are very similar to the Workpro's HD MT. Scales are a little sharp to my liking.. Tools while they looked to be very well machined, I find the finishing to be too glossy, not Spirit kind of polished but almost like chrome plated which I am not too fond of.. They reminded me of the finishing on the mossy oak tools but better. Pliers are quite the same as those found on mossy oak too.. Spring loaded, lesser pivot tolerance, wouldn't cut copper stranded....  :( my unit came with marred pivot screws btw  :facepalm:   Now the bit driver.. The bits are double ended and are held in place by the little magnet in the bit holder. Here's the problem.. Imagine having a pointy philips head on the other end in the bit holder, pressing down on the little magnet while you doing some serious driving, I am not sure how long the magnet can survive. And the contact between the magnet and the bit is not much. The bit doesn't drop, but its not a very secure contact either..

From how I see it, quality and finish is between the mossy oaks and the Workpro HD.

Offline mikekoz

Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 11:25:12 PM
     It does have a pocket clip. Cannot believe I did not take a photo of the other side of the tool!   :twak: :dunno:

Scratch the pocket clip!! I bought so many multitools in a short period of time, I got his mixed up with another. It does NOT have a pocket clip!!! Sorry about that guys and gals!!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%