Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

DeWalt battery powered chainsaw

ee Offline PMargo

• Multitooler
DeWalt battery powered chainsaw
on: June 02, 2019, 09:12:05 AM
Hey you guys!
 I got this buddy, Dewalt 20V Max chainsaw, model DCCS620, from my trip to Canada last year. I just thought I'll write down my story with it...
 Since I'm doing construction and carpentry mostly, I found it would be a really handy powertool to have, especially considering the price they sell over there vs the price they sell it here  for ???
I didn't have too many expectations to it, but now, when I used it for a bit, I'd say it's an awesome piece! Whether you're doing framing at work or somewhat gardening at home, this guy meets and exeeds the hopes and dreams - for example very light and compact to hang on your belt or harness to climb up to tree to take it down in smaller sections, if you have limited working radius.
Works really good at cleaning branches or chopping trees in the garden!
 On the picture added, there's a roughly 30-35ft (9 to 11m) pine tree I took down and cut into 10-12in pieces using that saw. Performed very well, did it all with one 4Ah battery and there was still some juice left for next task.
 This is not an advertise, this is just my experience on a nice weekend day, thought someone might find it useful  :cheers:
Margo
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 09:21:57 AM by PMargo »
..::Specialized in worshiping Vic Damast knives::..

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: DeWalt battery powered chainsaw
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 11:12:12 AM
Yup, small and quite handy. I have only tried a Makita but was surprised. Same battery fits their hedge trimmer which also is good.

ee Offline PMargo

• Multitooler
Re: DeWalt battery powered chainsaw
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 11:27:56 AM
Agree. Makita is awesome aswell. I do own a few things from both of them and I'm really satisfied.
Chainsaw in particular, I like Dewalt one a bit more for this kind of action, only reason is that it can be handled with only one (crucial in some cases). But +1 for Makita for having two batterie slots, which equals more runtime.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 11:44:34 AM by PMargo »
..::Specialized in worshiping Vic Damast knives::..

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%