Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

I need modify

gr Offline mastoras

I need modify
on: June 02, 2019, 12:17:23 PM
Hello again, I am a rebar owner and it is a good tool but i am in need of a modification. I dont really care for the cost and i can give what it needs for it. So i want to fit in the rebar three times the t shank adaptor , all three of the flat scredriver set of super tool 300 and keep the current phillips scredriver , the pliers, and the 2 blades. If there is no space for all that i can give up the straight blade but i definitely want the serrated blade on the tool. If there is space i wouldnt say no to the scredriver adaptor of wave, signal etc. It is the third time i post here , i really like the forum and the project to be able to hold a modified tool. If you know somebody who can make it please pm me or send my message to him. Greetings from Greece and have all a nice day

gr Offline mastoras

Re: I need modify
Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 12:22:32 PM
I forgot to mention that i am also interested to change the spring screws of rebar to the normal ones without the spring of the wave model , Thanks again

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 12:56:14 PM
T-shank adapter, from the Surge?

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 01:30:31 PM
Anything from a Surge or ST300 will require quite a bit of modification around the pivot area... using tools from Wave/Charge (and perhaps similar-sized) multitools wherever possible would save some work.
What is wrong with the small and large flat screwdrivers that are already on the Rebar? Add a medium driver from a Wave?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 01:38:27 PM by Syncop8r »

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 02, 2019, 03:22:59 PM
 :iagree:

I doubt it will be possible to adapt a Surge T shank adapter to fit the Rebar platform and still keep it working. I have once adapted a Surge T shank adapter to fit a ST300 and that was just barely possible. For a Rebar I'm guessing you'd have to remove too much material to still make it work.

Charge and Wave internal implements have the same profile as the Rebar and the Rebar has more space in the handles, so lodging such implements should be simple.

I forgot to mention that i am also interested to change the spring screws of rebar to the normal ones without the spring of the wave model , Thanks again

Do I understand correctly that you want to have Wave-like liner lock tools inside a Rebar? That is possible (e.g. the diamond file) but you'd lose the liner lock - I don't see how you could adapt a Rebar to have a liner lock.

BTW - welcome!
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

gr Offline mastoras

Reply #5 on: June 02, 2019, 10:32:40 PM
sorry guys , guess cant really happen like i want it. My idea was to carry a lightweight tool and be able to change saw/file blades easy. I didnt had any idea that t shank adaptor and the st300 flat screwdriver set would never fit there.     Anyway thanks for your replies and support.

nz Offline Syncop8r

Reply #6 on: June 03, 2019, 12:23:39 AM
So a Surge would be too big and heavy?

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 03, 2019, 09:12:31 AM
could try this , would need a bit of filing i think.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141002.5.75d9632dTydEJg&scm=1007.10009.70205.100200300000001&id=523106040777&pvid=13ac8d4e-c205-4dc2-a556-5b6015f14117

I bought a few stuff from there by your links the last time. This particular one is if I am not wrong, for a sog. The lock area will not line up properly. The notch over extends. Not enough material to modify. It also takes those thinner saw blades. The LM file will not fit..

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: June 03, 2019, 09:24:54 AM
I bought a few stuff from there by your links the last time. This particular one is if I am not wrong, for a sog. The lock area will not line up properly. The notch over extends. Not enough material to modify. It also takes those thinner saw blades. The LM file will not fit..

It indeed is only for SOG only, I think it actually has it on the title.  Not sure how universial is the adapter, but it claims to sell the saw if you need replacement.
screencap.jpg
* screencap.jpg (Filesize: 65.84 KB)

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 10:28:48 AM

It indeed is only for SOG only, I think it actually has it on the title.  Not sure how universial is the adapter, but it claims to sell the saw if you need replacement.

The saw blades are not that difficult to find. Just need to get the correct ones. There's some number prints on most of the T-shanks. 118A etc, probably means model, thickness etc.

gr Offline mastoras

Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 12:16:14 PM
Good morning mates, 31 celcius today its really sunny here on Creta, Well if the t-shank adaptor will lock properly on the rebar i am  fully interested. As for the 3 straight screwdriver set of st300 what i think to do is keep the current 2 of rebar, grind the small to be thin like the small of st 300 and add the screwdriver adaptor of the new wave with the long scredriver. With that way i escape the thick phillips scredriver place of rebar. But the main reason i want the modified tool is to have 3 times t - shank adaptor on it. I dont even care if the tool has the straight blade on it but i need the serrated. My other idea is maybe modify an st 300 and try to reduce the weight  a bit with having small and big flat screwdriver , the adaptor with the long flat/phillips , 3 times the t shank adaptors and a serrated edge blade. Or maybe try to do the same screwdriver set like above (small, bid and long phillips/flat adaptor) and then one serrated edge blade and the t shank on the one hand opening set. The weight i like my tool to be is around 200 grams because i carry other stuff also. Surge is a great tool and if somebody is having only the surge then is ok but i need to have also axe and small knife for fishing or hunting. Summertime i am working for all the summer but winter since last year i am doing 4 months vacation on a mountain forest trying to build a wooden small cabin. I carry the attached tools with me and the rebar , some dmt sharpeners and a deuce of spade trowel wich i am thinking to switch to a titanium one for the reason that some times i need to carry some burning coals. Tools were making the world go round from the begining of it :)
stainless bearded hatchet with adze blade.jpg
* stainless bearded hatchet with adze blade.jpg (Filesize: 92.45 KB)
opinel saw 18.jpg
* opinel saw 18.jpg (Filesize: 14.41 KB)
th.jpg
* th.jpg (Filesize: 7.92 KB)

gr Offline mastoras

Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 12:23:00 PM
what i meant in my last reply is if i cannot have the 3 t shank adaptors on the rebar, i try to do small , big , long flat/phillips adaptor , serrated edge  and 3 times t shank adaptor on st 300, or serrated edge , one time t shank adaptor , and small , big , long flat/phillips adaptor on the signal. Sorry for my mistake mates

gb Offline kingofswords

Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 01:09:36 PM

yeh it is sog, i thought i read sog locking notches were smaller so could be filed to fit LM?(maybe its other way around)

i thought that seller used to sell LM inside tools  version of that tshank but couldnt find it, maybe they sold out or i confused with liner version.
gotta be easier than adapting a surge holder?

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: June 03, 2019, 01:16:04 PM
IIRC the SOG has a different angular positioning of the locking slot (slightly offset from the pivot axis) than LM (which I believe have just confirmed points straight at the axis). Assuming the slots are of roughly equal width between SOG and LM, you'll lack some material on one of the slot sides. It's a pity one can't file metal back on...
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

00 Offline Sam Lim

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: June 03, 2019, 02:08:00 PM
yeh it is sog, i thought i read sog locking notches were smaller so could be filed to fit LM?(maybe its other way around)

i thought that seller used to sell LM inside tools  version of that tshank but couldnt find it, maybe they sold out or i confused with liner version.
gotta be easier than adapting a surge holder?

They sell the outside version for wave models. They actually work pretty OK other than they can only fit the thinner blades I have mentioned. But ever since I fitted one on my wave, I realise the whole blade exchanger thing is a novelty. At least for me. I seldom work with wood, so have the choice of fitting longer wood saw have no use for me. Most of the time, metal and plastic trunking. Any stock saw for wood will usually work for plastic. For metal, the short length and pull cuts on a jigsaw is just not effective at all. Its will still cut, but only at a very last resort I will use them.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%