Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My ST300 mod

temo · 17 · 1332

fi Offline temo

My ST300 mod
on: June 05, 2019, 05:21:20 PM
As this has been my profile pic for a long time, add a topic when now actually in quite final shape. So this started doing blunt nose pliers. And with that, had to modify flat drivers that tool closed Okay. There got idea to replace drivers with bit adapter. But for now at least left phillips.

Thoughted also if would add wave scissors. But anyway as this is a large tool I will carry it with keychain tool. And that can be micra or similar having scissors. Anyway scissors are needed mostly if break a nail or cut nails while sitting outside. Most of the cutting stuff knives are fine. I could replace phillips though and rely bit drivers.

Large bit adapter seems not lock so well then other tools. It has a bit lower profile in lock. And quite thick. But if pressing lock to make sure its on bottom locks okay. Also quite fine to use in angle.

Rebar I planned to keep at it is. So now have some more variation between rebar and ST.

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: My ST300 mod
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 05:34:49 PM
Nice job!
Barry

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 05:40:58 PM
Yeah looks great.  Dutch Tooler got me inspired but I've yet to do anything.  This thread has rekindled my thoughts. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 05:47:12 PM
Nice job temo  :cheers: :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 05:47:50 PM
Nice mod :like:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 03:35:35 AM
Great pics and a very nice mod, temo :like:

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 08:57:06 AM
 :like: :like:

Very nice temo - I like the shape of the pliers head. Is that just a standard ST300 head with some heavy grinding/filing done?

Yeah looks great.  Dutch Tooler got me inspired but I've yet to do anything.  This thread has rekindled my thoughts. 

:pok: :pok: come on, you can do it!
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

fi Offline temo

Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 12:58:16 PM
Yes ST300 head cut to very short. So can grap with head from smaller nuts and bolts. Done that quite a lot.

fi Offline temo

Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 02:33:55 PM
Still worked with this today. Had to add one tiny washer to other handle. Now all tools work like should. Seems that width of tools in handle need to be exact. Also replaced awl with flat. So now can add example common size hex to bit driver still having flat and phillips. And with pointy can opener can do small awl tasks.

Now it should be just heavy usage

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 02:46:53 PM
Nice one temo  :like: :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 04:54:24 PM
Looks great. 

Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Obi1shinobee

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master LM Squirt Ps4 And Lord of Navitools
Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 07:14:20 PM
Still worked with this today. Had to add one tiny washer to other handle. Now all tools work like should. Seems that width of tools in handle need to be exact. Also replaced awl with flat. So now can add example common size hex to bit driver still having flat and phillips. And with pointy can opener can do small awl tasks.

Now it should be just heavy usage

(Image removed from quote.)

Ultratool.jpg
* Ultratool.jpg (Filesize: 109.39 KB)

fi Offline temo

Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 12:15:48 AM
Yes lot to do still

Well I let ST be at least for now. Started to look keychain partner. I don't use tiny tweezers. So maybe would be a good place for ceramic sharpening rod. Could hone ST knives on go.

One would be just cut tweezers and glue rod. Better would be to add some nut and make it screw attachment. Sure that is a bit more complex as well.

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #13 on: June 12, 2019, 05:25:26 PM
It is pretty interesting to me how polarizing the eyeglass screwdriver is.  Personally, I despise it, and for me the inclusion of that driver over an awl is what keeps the Wave from being a basically perfect multitool.  It bugs me to no end - if you really want that bit, there should be a way to carry/use it in a tool that big without it taking up a whole slot!  (Not criticizing you, criticizing Leatherman.)  But a lot of people like it!  Clearly, enough people like it that Leatherman has kept making it.  To each their own!

Given the bit driver, why did you keep the 3d phillips? 

ST300 and Micra is an excellent duo.

Nice mod.   :)

Rebar I planned to keep at it is.

Should you ever ditch your rebar awl also, I'll gladly take it. 

fi Offline temo

Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 12:15:44 PM
Agree points about eyeglass driver. If using with big tool like ST, you will break it easily. I would rathet have a bit larger but still quite long phillips flat combo. Normal lm bits reach is low. Many electronics and toys require a bit reach from drivers.

Commented earlier kept phillips and flat so can use special bit in bit driver. Without carrying all the bits. Example in bike there are adjustments with hex. And I carry just ST mod and have most tools I could need in bike ride.

Agree awl is great. I test using can opener with this when needed. Awl is safe if I decide to change tools. One would be a bit holder to hold couple of bits.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 12:42:11 PM
Great mod temo  :like: :tu:

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: June 16, 2019, 04:33:24 AM
Great mod, Temo; I'm really liking that blunt nose pliers head (LISTEN UP, LTG; THERE'S A COUPLE OF US WANTING IT!!!). Now, if you could adapt a jigsaw blade for metal to the bit adapter, it WILL BE a Surge killer!!
(I know there's a link under The Mod Squad forum, for the mod but, for the life of me, can't find it. :facepalm: :rant:)

Doooh  :rant: :rofl:...I'm under THAT sub forum....here's the link https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,81179.0.html
Cheers, and good luck with your mods!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD