Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Debating between Squirt PS4 and Style CS

Offline GalCo

Debating between Squirt PS4 and Style CS
on: June 10, 2019, 08:57:56 AM
Hey guys :)

I am looking to buy a new multitool to carry around with me most of the time and I narrowed it down to either the squirt or the style cs.

Style - I like how to looks, that it's a bit lighter, the beer opener is much better and the carabiner makes it easier to carry

Also, having big scissors seems nice as I am not a huge fan of the folding ones, the tweezers are a nice touch but won't see much use (more like, nice when you need them and they are there).

Squirt PS4 - It just has everything a big multitool has, but tiny!
I like having pliers but not sure if I prefer them over the scissors on the style, having both a good Philips and a flathead will be useful, the smaller size is also nicer.

Basically, I like them both but can only buy one, I'd like to hear your opinions from everyday use as to which you like better.

ro Offline Raoul Octav

Re: Debating between Squirt PS4 and Style CS
Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 09:30:30 AM
I had this dilemma a while ago, yet i threw the Micra in the debate as well.
Micra is something like a  Connor MacLeod of the clan of MacLeod, an immortal tool setup, you have everything you'd wish except the pliers, with a minus that everything is inside.
Compact, easy to carry,  oldschool design
Style has style, fresh design, outside opening tools, that carabiner is a great for carrying and get off the tool for usage. Slim, light with just the basics tools for EDC (blade, file&screwdriver, scissor and that independent tweezer).
No pliers, yet there is a version who has pliers.
Squirt PS4, has a funny name, they should keep just the PS4, has a StarWars sound to it, and is as useful as a R2D2 in stressful situations.
 Has everything i would need for small jobs errday long. Pliers inside and great outside tools( same blade as Style, a good file, a small yet usefull scissor, and 2 screwdrivers, small in length yet great for on the surface screws)

I have a PS4 as a daily driver at my keys. Wife has a Style at her keys.
I used to have a VIC manager, than a Micra to my keys, untill a ended with the PS4.
I'm in a state of content with my key ring setup.
Sanger's laws:

-any problem has more than one resolve!

-by the way you look at the problem, the resolve may change!

-where's a will there's a way !

ro Offline Raoul Octav

Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 09:46:06 AM
Pic
rsz_img_20190610_103045.jpg
* rsz_img_20190610_103045.jpg (Filesize: 81.69 KB)
Sanger's laws:

-any problem has more than one resolve!

-by the way you look at the problem, the resolve may change!

-where's a will there's a way !

fi Offline temo

Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 10:32:52 AM
Small pliers are good for small things. My ST blunt mod is for bigger things, squirt can fit to smaller places. Also often enough to keep bolt still when opening nut with bigger tool etc.

Though micra and style 2D phillips has better reach. And quite much most used tools (for me at least) in keychain. Again squirt and PS scissors are quite good even smaller then micra and CS.

I would say not easy selection but choose one

Offline jorritvS

Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 10:51:42 AM
I was looking for a small plier based tool. I ended up with a second hand ps4, my first leatherman. I have been in love ever since. I carried it every day the only down side is the bottle opener, it works after a few tries but never smooth. For me this wasn't a problem having an victorinox in another pocket. I was most impressed by the 2d philips/eyeglass screwdriver combo it works incredibly good. The scissors are small but work great.

I also own the style CS but it never came close to replace the ps4. The scissors are good but I prefer having both scissors and pliers. The bottle opener does work a lot better though. The file on the style is better for nails then the ps4 which is more for small duty wood or metal. The tweezers is something the ps4 does lack. If it isn't to small the pliers will do the job too. Overall I think the ps4 packs a lot more than the style.

The micra is a good option too. It has everything the style has but has a few drivers more. The micra has everything on the inside which I dislike.

If not having the newest version is an issue you could also search for a squirt p4/s4. The P4 is almost the same as the ps4 only the scissors are replaced with a small screwdriver and a small awl. The S4 is almost the same as the P4 but instead of pliers it has scissors. And instead of the awl it has tweezers.

There is also the style PS which has pliers and scissors. Which is nice. Only lacks a blade.

In conclusion :
1. Squirt Ps4
Nice arry of tools really packs a lot of functionality. Has both pliers and scissors. Only the bottle opener sucks.

2. Squirt S4
Good combination of scissors tweezers and drivers, file is better for nails.

3. Style ps
Combination of pliers and scissors which is really nice only problem is no blade.

4. Style Cs
Nice small tool not any bad things to say about it only that it doesn't have a lot of tools.

5. Squirt p4
Good pliers small yet a lot of tools. Lacks scissors. Personally I haven't used one. But my opinion is that the s4 and ps4 have a better set of tools.

This is also the order in which I like them the most. The only tool that tops the ps4 is the es4 which has electrical pliers. This only works if strip wires a lot like me.

Sorry about the long post but I tried to be as complete as I could. I hope you can use it to make a good choice. It's really up to you and your preferences. None of the tools is a bad option to take.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 03:17:57 PM
Good post jorritvS  :tu:

Scissor or pliers? It really has to start there IMO.  I prefer the Squirt P4.  I can sacrifice not having scissors on this tool.  Why?  There have been many reported cases of the spring on the PS4 scissor breaking.  In this particular tool its pliers that get used most and while scissors are nice to have I'd rather not give up the tool for the scissors between the P4 and PS4.

If its scissors you need.  The Mirca for many is King of the LM scissor tools.  Lots of love on the forum and from a lot of folks for the Micra. 

If you like the Squirt format then jorritvS mentioned the Squirt S4.  Might want a look at that. 

I have both the Styles.  Its really about scissors or pliers again  :pok:

Here are some pictures minus the S4. 

Good luck. 

IMG_7372.jpg
* IMG_7372.jpg (Filesize: 200.29 KB)
IMG_7373.jpg
* IMG_7373.jpg (Filesize: 224.67 KB)
IMG_7374.jpg
* IMG_7374.jpg (Filesize: 214.63 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

Offline GalCo

Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 09:41:09 PM
Thank everybody!
I decided to go for the PS4 as I think not having the best (for example: MIcra/Style cs scissors over PS4 scissors) yet having everything I think I'll need, seems like my idea of a keychain multitool.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 12:41:59 AM
 :tu: Great choice.  I like my Squirts very much.  Hope you get years of faithful service. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 05:51:34 PM
The PS4 is a great all-rounder. In all honesty, I could probably "survive" just fine with only that on my keychain. The scissors spring will probably break in a short amount of time (unless LM has finally figured it out) but they still function fine without the spring, it is just a lot less convenient. When I was traveling a lot with a Style PS (same scissors) that has a broken scissors spring I had no problem trimming my fingernails, it just takes a bit longer.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 12:00:25 PM
Welcome to :MTO: Galco :cheers: I think you will like the PS4 :cheers: Pics when you get it and some thoughtst if you don't mind :cheers: :like:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #10 on: June 27, 2019, 03:57:31 PM
Thank everybody!
I decided to go for the PS4 as I think not having the best (for example: MIcra/Style cs scissors over PS4 scissors) yet having everything I think I'll need, seems like my idea of a keychain multitool.

Afternoon all (well, it is here)

I've recently ordered a PS4 for £37.95 GBP ($48.16 USD or $42.38 EU)  :woohoo: and await it's arrival. It seems to retail at £49.95 here ($63.38 USD or $55.79 EU) But is discounted at various places (is it due for replacement  :dunno:)

I intend to use it as an EDC, on days off only, as I can't carry it through airport security whenever I go to work (unlike my Surge, Lock Knife, baton, 'cuffs, limb restraints etc.. :rant:)

I'll post my comments, if required, on my use of it.

Stay safe people
They don't like it up 'em!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69