Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Winter returns to Queen Street...local movie news.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
I was reading the local news and saw this article about a movie being produced in my home town...

https://saultonline.com/2019/06/winter-returns-to-downtown/

I am quite happy to not have to see that in person. We get a long enough winter as it stands. But that got me to thinking what other productions were made in Sault Ste Marie. To my utter surprise...there have been a lot of movies and such made here.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title?locations=Sault%20Ste%20Marie,%20Ontario,%20Canada

I am thinking I just may have to hunt some of these down and take a look just to see if I can recognize any local scenery.

A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Re: Winter returns to Queen Street...local movie news.
Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 02:50:39 AM
Do it!

I was almost arrested when I discovered that I would be passing through the Terminus location of TWD while I was driving through the area a few years ago and I made it to the edge of being inside when a Security Guard broke out laughing at my attempt and could not control himself any longer!
 :oops:
He said that I had gotten further in than anyone he had seen so far and that every single day several fans tried too :whistle:

So he gave me a little tour and sent me on my way! :ahhh

It was totally worth it too! :dunno: :think:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 12:33:42 PM
Any fans of The Trailer Park Boys have probably seen as much of Halifax as I have.   :D

In fact, the bank machine they stole at the beginning of The Big Dirty (the first movie) was actually built right out front of the restaurant that Whoey's sister used to work at.  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 11:42:57 PM
A Christmas movie shot in June--what the? It makes sense, I guess, seeing as it has to be produced and everything before the Christmas movies start airing in early Dec. ll be looking out for that one on Hallmark this Christmas

We've had quite a few movies filmed around my area, usually in the Buchannan County area. Most of the 1990s remake of  Lassie was filmed within a 15-minute radius of my house; in the Tazewell County area (thought a few scenes were shot in WV). Plenty of locations used I know well. The tractor dealership was Conn's John Deere Service Center; pretty much the only place we bought tractor parts (the current big tractor, its predecessor, and loads of implements) from for many years, until the location was closed when a guy out of Kentucky bought out all the independent Deere dealers around here (there were two Conn's dealerships, ran by each of the brothers of the family; each about 15 minutes away in opposite directions, the latter in WV is still open, but known as Meade Tractor after the buyout).  A few scenes were filmed at the house below me, and a lot of the countryside was in the Thompson Valley area where my Granddad grew up.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110305/?ref_=ttmi_tt

« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 01:18:31 AM by cody6268 »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24