Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Swisstool - Handle Alignment

Offline MrVic

Victorinox Swisstool - Handle Alignment
on: June 13, 2019, 12:37:02 AM
Seems like I’m noticing small (tiny?) flaws in Vic tools lately!

I’ve got a SwissTool X, and I’ve noticed that when it’s closed, the handles are ever so slightly misaligned, by about 2mm. Everything else on it is absolutely fine. The pliers close flush and are aligned correctly.

Does anyone else’s SwissTool do this? Just wondering if it’s just part of the usual tolerances..

Attached a photo.

Thanks guys and gals!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Victorinox Swisstool - Handle Alignment
Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 01:23:02 AM
Looks like QC is slipping over at Vic    :whistle:

Offline MrVic

Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 01:30:36 AM
Looks like QC is slipping over at Vic    :whistle:

Seems like it. Shame really, as I’ve had a couple of Vic products that I’ve just sent back, as QC was below acceptable to me.

Offline MrVic

Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 01:30:58 AM
Seems like it. Shame really, as I’ve had a couple of Vic products that I’ve just sent back, as QC was below acceptable to me.

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 02:45:06 AM
The new SwissTool they sent me in replacement for an abused example I sent in had this issue out of the box. It's so common, I just decided to ignore it and use it as is.

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 06:50:57 AM
My latest SwissTool X pliers rub the inside handle edge and the large flat driver "crate opener" doesn't snap in(needs a little push to seat). But, misaligned handles aren't anything new. One of my Spirit X's has very notable misaligned handles(an issue several members have noted) and the other Spirit X has pliers that are way to stiff(even after tons of working in). My Nomad has blade play in the locking implements. I could go on, but most of it isn't really that big of a deal. Vic mostly makes stuff made to be used, so I expect minor issues.

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 07:57:23 AM
This is a known "thing" and nothing to worry about. My Spirit X had it too  :hatsoff:

be Offline Top-Gear-24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 13, 2019, 10:41:20 AM
This is a known "thing" and nothing to worry about. My Spirit X had it too  :hatsoff:

A known "thing" on the Spirit yes, but normally Swisstools don't have this problem ...

Until now I only had one issue with a Victorinox product, and that was my son's "my first SAK" on which the saw catched the scale while closing it, went back to the store, they send it to Ibach and I got a new one.  But all my other Vic stuff is just perfect out of the box (except for the handle allignement on my BO Spirit, but like MTMatt said, this is a know thing, which does seem to happen more often on the "new" Spirits as on the older ones ...  :think:).

Anyway, I hope Victorinox is not going down that road ...  :ahhh

Offline MrVic

Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 02:55:15 AM
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply! I really appreciate it and am loving MTO  :multi: :climber:
A known "thing" on the Spirit yes, but normally Swisstools don't have this problem ...

Until now I only had one issue with a Victorinox product, and that was my son's "my first SAK" on which the saw catched the scale while closing it, went back to the store, they send it to Ibach and I got a new one.  But all my other Vic stuff is just perfect out of the box (except for the handle allignement on my BO Spirit, but like MTMatt said, this is a know thing, which does seem to happen more often on the "new" Spirits as on the older ones ...  :think:).

Anyway, I hope Victorinox is not going down that road ...  :ahhh

My latest SwissTool X pliers rub the inside handle edge and the large flat driver "crate opener" doesn't snap in(needs a little push to seat). But, misaligned handles aren't anything new. One of my Spirit X's has very notable misaligned handles(an issue several members have noted) and the other Spirit X has pliers that are way to stiff(even after tons of working in). My Nomad has blade play in the locking implements. I could go on, but most of it isn't really that big of a deal. Vic mostly makes stuff made to be used, so I expect minor issues.

The new SwissTool they sent me in replacement for an abused example I sent in had this issue out of the box. It's so common, I just decided to ignore it and use it as is.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%