Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Tell the truth now. Your on your honor

Butch · 38 · 1228

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Tell the truth now. Your on your honor
on: June 16, 2019, 04:14:10 AM
Who here buys their beer, or other drinks in a bottle just so you can use your tool's opener.
I admit I do, my right hand is pretty mangled up & it is almost impossible for me to open the twist tops. I can open the pop top cans just fine but I buy the bottles anyway. I can play with my tool that way .................... :think: ............does something seem off in that last statement?  :think: .....

Ok got a bottle to open so y'all be honest now.
Shoot low sheriff, they're riddin' shetlands
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: Tell the truth now. Your on your honor
Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 08:43:27 AM
I would/I do  :D ... but availability of bottled ones is scarce.
Go Butch go....  :drink:

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 09:12:46 AM
I almost pulled out a SAK in a fancy restaurant yesterday just because i like to use 'em.... so yep, I admit
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 09:29:37 AM
I almost pulled out a SAK in a fancy restaurant yesterday just because i like to use 'em.... so yep, I admit
Sounds like you need a fancy SAK so that you can open bottles with class in a fancy restaurant. :pok:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

no Offline Vidar

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 09:38:44 AM
Sounds like you need a fancy SAK so that you can open bottles with class in a fancy restaurant. :pok:

SAKs are not fancy? You don't fancy them? :ahhh
"Simple is hard"
"Hard is hard too"
(Partial disclosure: I design tools for a living).

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 02:04:17 PM
Over 30 years of carrying multitools, I can recall using the bottle opener blade only once -- to open a bottle of root beer that my wife bought at a book store/cafe.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 02:31:49 PM
When opening a bottle of carbonated beverage, you get the best sound (pfsssssssss.....) when using a SAK opener. To properly open a bottle of fizzy stuff, I use only a SAK.  :cheers:

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 03:00:25 PM
I do not remember ever using the Bottle Opener on any tool really. :dunno:

us Offline Wessaen

• Just a dude with an appreciation for titanium.
Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 04:26:38 PM
Not much of a beer drinker but Mexican Coca Cola and certain Root Beers I drink are only in bottle form.

I use whatever random SAK is on my desk or my Wera bottle opener, whichever is closer to hand at the time.

Even for the twist offs, as I have badly cut the webbing of my hand before on them.

-Wes.
Work EDC: LM Raptor/Bladeless Pioneer X Mod

Weekend EDC: LM Free P2 or Vic Pioneer X/Vic Rambler/Olight I1R EOS Pro Ti/ Atwood R37Pry

These days I focus on collecting oddball Pharmacy/Medical Advert Victorinox Classics.

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 04:35:31 PM
Definitely! And glass bottled Coke when I can find it too
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

hr Offline styx

Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 05:06:42 PM

Well I did have that fancy OHO Soldier
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 05:40:26 PM
Im not sure I can honestly say that I've picked bottled beer specifically to be able to use a MT.  But I can say I take great pleasure in being able to use a MT to open a cold one when the chance presents itself.   :cheers:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 10:57:14 PM
Get your bottles ready!  A little birdy has told me there may be a Bottle Opener Challenge coming up in a couple of weeks....  :drink:

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #13 on: June 17, 2019, 01:10:50 AM
 :popcorn:

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #14 on: June 17, 2019, 02:11:09 AM
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck
I would like to apologise to anyone I have not offended. Please be patient, I will get to you shortly.
Just a small personal observation.  ...........I would not be at all surprised that when God created the Earth & the heavens, that the SwissChamp was the tool he used. .............. :hatsoff:

us Offline smiller43147

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 02:32:27 AM
Im not sure I can honestly say that I've picked bottled beer specifically to be able to use a MT.  But I can say I take great pleasure in being able to use a MT to open a cold one when the chance presents itself.   :cheers:
I have a similar confession to make about opening cans with the SAK can opener.
- Steve

us Offline cody6268

Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 03:19:42 AM
I like the taste of the Mexican-market Coke, Sprite, and Fanta better than ours (which use that nasty corn syrup, instead of real sugar), but I admit, I buy then to use the cap-lifter since they are not twist-off caps. I'm also trying to find something non-alcoholic I can open with the corkscrew. I also look for cans that are not pull-top.

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 03:35:31 AM
I don't try to twist off bottle caps, I just use whatever tool I'm carrying. It's easier even if they are supposed to be twist off caps.

br Offline Hevy (CT-782)

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 05:07:35 AM
Bottle opener always ready!

Enviado de meu moto g(6) usando o Tapatalk

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 06:47:01 AM
Nearly all beer in Oz come in bottles not cans - So that is what you buy
However most are twist off ..... But

I don't try to twist off bottle caps, I just use whatever tool I'm carrying. It's easier even if they are supposed to be twist off caps.

This .....  :iagree: 
Although for me it's nearly always a SAK as opposed to any other MT   :climber:

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #20 on: June 17, 2019, 08:26:08 AM
Get your bottles ready!  A little birdy has told me there may be a Bottle Opener Challenge coming up in a couple of weeks....  :drink:

Def

Use only a bottle opener for all tasks for a period of 30 days?  :ahhh

us Offline Butch

• No Life Club
  • Douglas's papa
Reply #21 on: June 17, 2019, 04:50:53 PM

Why do I feel a huge collective hangover coming on?   :ahhh
SAKMC unit number BR549
137% Redneck

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 09:03:59 PM

I have known a lot of bartenders over the years with permanent scars on the palms of their hands from trying to open twist off bottles that refused to be opened.  It makes a bit of a mess.  I rarely even try.

Close- I post a photo of a different bottle opener in use each day, and I can't reuse any.  Members also post their bottle openers in use, and those also come off my list.  If I use a bottle opener I have already used during the challenge then the challenge is over and the last person to post before me wins.  If I use a bottle opener that someone else has used then that person wins.

It's your chance to really stick it to Dear Old Def!  :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

tr Offline ddogu

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: June 17, 2019, 09:16:24 PM
Who here buys their beer, or other drinks in a bottle just so you can use your tool's opener.
I admit I do, my right hand is pretty mangled up & it is almost impossible for me to open the twist tops. I can open the pop top cans just fine but I buy the bottles anyway. I can play with my tool that way .................... :think: ............does something seem off in that last statement?  :think: .....

:iagree:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #24 on: June 21, 2019, 06:25:38 AM

Def

Back to op, I was opening a can of food with a puller late last night, for just a split second, I'd want to pretend the puller didn't work and use my SAK can opener...but my hunger gets the better of me.  The thought to use a can opener on a can food with puller. :facepalm:

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: June 21, 2019, 09:29:21 AM
On my keys for 7, maybe 8 years, opened many many beers  :cheers:

https://www.niteize.com/product/S-Biner-Ahhh.asp

nz Offline Sawl Goodman

• Between this & that.
Reply #26 on: June 22, 2019, 09:17:12 AM
Absolutely!  :cheers:  I have to give my SAK openers each a turn: 111mm, 93mm, 91mm, 85mm, 84mm, 58mm. I have 85mm and 84mm combo tools as well, can't leave them unloved.

I also buy cans just to feed my can openers. I buy slabs of bean and tomato cans and the sorts of cat food that only come in big cans. I like the extra leverage of the 93mm and 91mm openers over 85/84mm, although the latter are good for a change. The Wenger combo tool works pretty well if you don't mind a jagged edge. I like it more than the Vic combo tool that's awlways needing more practice.

Then there are the bottles of wine for the corkscrew. Pencils for the small blade. Fruit for the large blade. Packages of knives to open with the scissors. Flat slot and Phillips screws in #0, #1, and #2 to keep the SDs limber. Branches for the wood saw; brass and aluminium rods for the metal saw and file; fish for the scaler... you get the picture.

Back to op, I was opening a can of food with a puller late last night, for just a split second, I'd want to pretend the puller didn't work and use my SAK can opener...but my hunger gets the better of me.  The thought to use a can opener on a can food with puller. :facepalm:

You can often open the bottom. This is why I awlways store my cans with pull rings upside down in the pantry. No excuses to delay that dopamine rush. :pok:

Show content
:P 
Seriously though, I do enjoy using the bottle and can openers, and all the other tools that do so well for their size.
Rambler

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: June 25, 2019, 12:14:52 AM
I like my beverages in bottles and never twist them off, I'm a two opener layer man from way back
 :cheers:

us Offline cody6268

Reply #28 on: June 25, 2019, 03:55:07 AM
I like my beverages in bottles and never twist them off, I'm a two opener layer man from way back
 :cheers:

Same here. I've noticed on heavier cans, the combo tool is really under stress.

us Offline nmpops

• Retired LEO
Reply #29 on: June 26, 2019, 07:38:08 AM

(in my best Beevis voice)  Heh-hej-heh He said Play with my tool!!

But yes I buy beer in bottles and use my SAK.
Perception is reality

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD