Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

To hold keys?

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

To hold keys?
on: June 19, 2019, 03:18:56 AM
Hey guys. I drive a 2014 Nissan which has a key fob for the ignition (push button). I would like something simple that can hold that plus 4 house keys. Any ideas? I hate when I sound like a janitor walking around

us Offline gerleatherberman

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
Re: To hold keys?
Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 07:55:07 AM
Could you put the other keys on a keysmart with a split ring attaching the fob? :think:
That would definitely subdue the janitor keys issue. :)
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 02:01:07 PM
Hey guys. I drive a 2014 Nissan which has a key fob for the ignition (push button). I would like something simple that can hold that plus 4 house keys. Any ideas? I hate when I sound like a janitor walking around

Look up the Anti-wallet. It has been a great way for me to not only hold my keys but also cash/cards and other items with addons:

here is an example of them packed in an extreme way:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 03:29:40 PM
I am VERY familiar with the jingling of multiple keys  :facepalm:.  I have struggled with my key set up for years.  I now have a Keysmart thats been really great.

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,81717.msg1941905.html#msg1941905

The MagConnect is strong so attaching your fob is easy and safe for the fob.  If you didn't want to connect the fob to the MagConnect you could attach it by standard split ring.  Absolutely ZERO jingle.  This is something that I am super happy about. 

If the Tile tracking isn't something you want or feel you need there are Keysmarts without. 

IMG_7398.jpg
* IMG_7398.jpg (Filesize: 205.8 KB)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Reply #4 on: June 20, 2019, 03:33:56 AM
Thank you for recommending the keysmart. I'm looking at the keybar now.

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: June 20, 2019, 05:38:29 AM
 :like:

This thread has me wanting to look into a keysmart setup. I have 14 necessary regular keys, one fob, and two large ignition keys on my keyring. Sounds like a gaggle of maintenance workers coming at ya. :facepalm:

May need to make a keysmart for the workbag, a keysmart with 6 keys for my house and shop, and put the two different car keys and fob on the belt loop keyring. :ahhh
Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 06:28:33 AM
The cool thing is Klecker made some neat tools that work with the Keysmart and other key organizers.  I've been looking hard at getting something.  I have to admit I was a bit skeptical of these type organizers.  The "bulk" of them seemed to go against my idea of sliming my keys.  I mentioned its no bigger than a SAK and depending on the amount of keys you plan of installing it really does make a nice package.  I am very happy with mine so far.  I hang mine from my Vic belt hanger so my Keysmart doesn't actually sit on the bottom of my pocket. 

Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 07:29:35 AM
Thank you for the info, Aloha! :salute:

Just having a key system that doesn't flop around would be a huge improvement. My keys hang on one of those 1960s 2oz brass slide bolt hooks. Like a maintenance worker's keys. :rofl:

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 12:05:22 PM
I think the keybar will serve me better. The designs are more personalized than the keysmart but what has me interested is the pocket clip instead of it hanging or loose. I'm probably going with the carbon fiber/titanium

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: June 20, 2019, 03:03:53 PM
Yes the pocket clip is a great idea.  I think its a nice feature for sure.  Ti sounds nice.  I have seen some neat set ups with the Keybar.  They also have a magnetic connect for fobs.  I do NOT miss the jingle of keys in any way. 

Good luck with whatever you decide.   :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 03:18:40 PM
@GLBM.  I've carried my keys in so many ways an not one was something I liked.  I even had a key wallet but it just didn't work for me.  I wouldn't have thought a light on the key organizer would sway me since we all pretty much carry lights.  I really appreciate it having it especially how its orientated.  I've made no adjustments since setting my Keysmart up.  The screws have held nicely with no locktite or anything.  I like the lightness of the plastic body tho I think Ti would be pretty sweet.  I've never held a Keybar no any other key organizer but I really like the shape of the Keysmart. 

I dont drink beverages with bottle tops so the bottle opener wont be used.  I do like it as a split ring attachment.  I'd like another on the opposite end as well.  Did I say I really like the light?  It such a nice feature.  Without the light/Tile feature I can see this package being very thin which for some is a huge deal, minus the amount of keys one adds. 

I have been very interested in these key organizers since seeing them hit the market.  I'm glad to have had to opportunity to test one out.  I am going to add one to my daughters EDC.  We are deciding which one to add.  She has work keys, house keys, and vehicle keys like the rest of us.  I bought her a tracker for Xmas and she really likes it.  I think the Keysmart PRO would be perfect for her so this is heavily where we are leaning.     
Esse Quam Videri

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: June 20, 2019, 05:43:59 PM
Thanks for the perspective and information, Aloha! :salute:

The one with light and tile sound very appealing. I have never lost my keys, but am always weary of it happening. Always carry a primary light and backup, so thr keysmart light could replace the backup light too.

I'd likely not add any tools to it, so that would help reduce the size. :)

:cheers:

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 06:14:04 PM
Is the tile via bluetooth or GPS over satellite?

cs Offline marko14

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 06:43:43 PM
Try with Liquid carry

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: June 21, 2019, 12:32:29 AM
Tile is bluetooth enabled paired with the app. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Reply #15 on: June 21, 2019, 12:57:52 AM
Next question. What manufacturers make accessories for these things?

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #16 on: June 21, 2019, 01:21:09 AM
Klecker is the only one that I've seen so far. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
To hold keys?
Reply #17 on: June 21, 2019, 01:30:48 AM
I have been carrying this for the last few years after shaking them all out and this was the clear winner for me!

https://www.cineik.com/k-addict.html

I also still use a Keybar with the Clip for another set but the Keysmarts that I tried all died a quick death inside the Death Valley that is my pocket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 01:47:49 AM by ezdog »

us Offline SuzukiGS750EZ

Reply #18 on: September 03, 2019, 03:09:07 AM
I ordered the all titanium keybar with the pick, two quick key tab 2.0, blue cerakoted set, and keyrabiner 4.0. Whatever I could get anodized blue, I did. We'll see how it goes!

england Offline thamesides

Reply #19 on: December 30, 2019, 12:53:11 AM
In the UK most people have a mortice lock key(dead lock) ,also padlocks that are a smaller key similar to the dead lock keys. These keys are 2-3 times thicker than the keys that are visible in the posts of the key organisers shown. So are there key organisers that would hold these type of keys with the normal keys comfortably.
The pic attached is the style of key I am referring to.
chubb-lock-734x1030.jpg
* chubb-lock-734x1030.jpg (Filesize: 56.4 KB)

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #20 on: December 31, 2019, 05:11:28 PM
In the UK most people have a mortice lock key(dead lock) ,also padlocks that are a smaller key similar to the dead lock keys. These keys are 2-3 times thicker than the keys that are visible in the posts of the key organisers shown. So are there key organisers that would hold these type of keys with the normal keys comfortably.
The pic attached is the style of key I am referring to.

I too would love to know if there is a "UK" compatible version for a decent keyholder. I have done some research but they are all geared towards US/EU style of keys (flat) and subsequently of absolutely no bloody use at all  :facepalm:
They don't like it up 'em!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD