Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

European ONLINE shopping guide

dks · 29 · 3071

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
European ONLINE shopping guide
on: August 26, 2020, 10:22:49 AM
Seeing the constant cry for lower cost or even available shopping options from European based members, I made a short list of what I consider, and remember, to be good online vendors that will ship within Europe.

Getting a product from an EU/EEA member state to another means that you also avoid any import taxes.

Listed in the order that I remember them.

1.   Amazon(s) There are several European based Amazon sites and they do not always have the same prices, even if some ship from the same location. Compare, taking into account shipping cost too. There are various sites that directly compare between these sites and I have been using hagglezon lately though these comparison sites may disappear at any time.
Notable mention to the US Amazon as well as many times it is cheaper to get something from the US and pay shipping and taxes than to get it form a European Amazon site.

2.   Heinnie Haynes, a UK based seller. I have not purchased anything from them, as I seem to find their items cheaper elsewhere, but they have regular discount coupons and from what I hear they provide good service. Currently no tax has to be paid for purchased within the EU/EEA. Low shipping costs.

3.   eBay. I have purchased from several sellers within the EU/EEA, and the rest of the world, and had no major issues. Research the seller first and make sure they are based where you think they are, to avoid import taxes.
Tip- Many sellers will also have a regular online shop, where you can sometimes buy items cheaper.

4.   euro-knife, a Slovakian based company. They sell a variety of items, though based on my experience their shipping is slow.

5.   sheffield-made, from the UK, good for UK made knives, always ask for them to be checked thoroughly first.

6.   Mikeknives, UK based dealer, good for GEC. (Regarding GEC/Case/Buck etc. there are also US dealers that will ship worldwide).

7.   Multitool.org, AKA here, the sales forums are full of bargains, sometimes with European members selling locally, and you are also supporting MTO.

8.   .......................................

These are the ones I recall.

There are a few SAK sellers too that offer special alox colours and so on. Remember that if you buy from a Swiss shop, you will have to pay import taxes.

Additionally, many regular shops will also sell online, currently. Doing a search for the item you want will show various of these shops, usually.

Feel free to add more, and include your experience with the shops too.

Please do not use this thread to discuss/fight over knife laws and taxes and tax related tricks between regions and countries!!
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: European ONLINE shopping guide
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 10:43:43 AM
Lamnia.com is good as well, Finnish online store with lots to choose from :tu:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 01:02:36 PM
https://www.knivesandtools.com/
IIRC they are based in the Netherlands, but have several regional sites. Especially great for people from Switzerland as they deduce VAT before shipping.
In my limited experience (3 orders), they are very fast (2-3 days), not that this matters to me.
Never had a problem with them, so I cannot comment on that aspect.

https://www.polizeibedarf.ch/
is based in Switzerland and I don't know if he ships internationally, but considering he (I think this is a one-man-show) can show prices in Euro I would presume so.
This shop is slow and the guy is terrible to deal with (not impossible, but reply time is slow and often it takes several e-mails). I have to say though that service has greatly improved recently and I hope he keeps it up.
There is no denying that polizeibedarf has the best prices.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 01:11:10 PM by Etherealicer »
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #3 on: August 26, 2020, 01:29:57 PM
https://www.com2you-biwak.de/
Never ordered from them, so I cannot comment on the quality. But they have a bit of a different assortment (loads of Flytanium, Knife makeing goods, sheath, aftermarket kydex sheaths etc.).
I found that for several product groups (in my case, Flytanium scales and Lansky sharpening system), they have the more complete product range, e.g. if you want to buy an individual Lansky shaprening stone, this seems to be the place for it in Europe.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #4 on: August 26, 2020, 04:33:51 PM
This is where I get most of my stuff. Good prices, great service. They were responsible for organizing a few international cutlery shows, knife making and leather craft workshops.

PT version:
https://lojadasfacas.pt/

English version:
https://lojadasfacas.pt/index.php?route=common/home

They work with €, £, US$ and R$.

Any questions, let me know and I can try to talk directly to them. I have no relation whatsoever with them, apart from being a very satisfied customer, for a very long time.

:cheers: :tu:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

ro Offline Edi

Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 12:20:41 PM
Thank you, guys. I used some of those, indeed. Only notable mention, a f up from knives and tools. A very big one, but in the end they solved it. Although, don't think i'll buy from that company anytime soon.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 10:20:42 AM
Thank you to many great suggestions!

Lamnia.com is good as well, Finnish online store with lots to choose from :tu:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

That's a good one, I do order from them many times in the past and all went well.

https://www.knivesandtools.com/
IIRC they are based in the Netherlands, but have several regional sites. Especially great for people from Switzerland as they deduce VAT before shipping.
In my limited experience (3 orders), they are very fast (2-3 days), not that this matters to me.
Never had a problem with them, so I cannot comment on that aspect.

https://www.polizeibedarf.ch/
is based in Switzerland and I don't know if he ships internationally, but considering he (I think this is a one-man-show) can show prices in Euro I would presume so.
This shop is slow and the guy is terrible to deal with (not impossible, but reply time is slow and often it takes several e-mails). I have to say though that service has greatly improved recently and I hope he keeps it up.
There is no denying that polizeibedarf has the best prices.

About knivesandtools, I recently read on BF a member was claiming being 'scammed', and do see few poor review mixed in with many good ones on trustedpilot.  I don't think I did order from them in the past, and have no conflict of interest with them.  But just a very friendly reminder to do some homework if that concerns you.

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #7 on: September 01, 2020, 11:28:04 AM
About knivesandtools, I recently read on BF a member was claiming being 'scammed', and do see few poor review mixed in with many good ones on trustedpilot.  I don't think I did order from them in the past, and have no conflict of interest with them.  But just a very friendly reminder to do some homework if that concerns you.
I once ordered from them, to ship to another member. No problems. :tu:
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: September 01, 2020, 11:52:15 AM
I heard about them for the longest time, and probably a very prominent dealer in the region, I sure hope it is just an isolated case too. :cheers:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: September 01, 2020, 12:05:44 PM
That is concerning...

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #10 on: September 01, 2020, 09:47:28 PM
:think:

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #11 on: September 01, 2020, 09:52:06 PM
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #12 on: September 01, 2020, 10:54:57 PM
As well as Hennies and Mike, Moonraker Knives are also excellent, especially for Case.  :tu:

https://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/

As is Messer and Co... not for Case, but for aloxy type stuff and wot not...

https://messerundco.de/Sonderedition-Wanger-Victorinox-Pioneer-Alox-schwarz-Schweiz
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:02:24 PM by Fuzzbucket »

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #13 on: September 02, 2020, 01:19:18 AM
Thank you to many great suggestions!
That's a good one, I do order from them many times in the past and all went well.

About 1/5th of my collection comes from them, and I have absolutely no complaints, great service, great communication...

Still by far my favorite online store.

ro Offline Edi

Reply #14 on: September 22, 2020, 12:17:34 PM
About 1/5th of my collection comes from them, and I have absolutely no complaints, great service, great communication...

Still by far my favorite online store.

In my case and not only, they had not accurate infos on the website. And they still left those as they were for a long time after. It was so: you order until x hour and the product will be shipped in the same day. Shipping to eu (anywhere) 3 to 4 days. I've placed the order, needed it for a present. Their price was way over amazon, but it was the shipping speed i've paid for more. The next day, because i didn't received any confirmation about the shipping i wrote them. The answer was: oh, no, that info on our website is wrong. It will be shipped only today and it will take longer then the 3-4 days you saw. Aha... ok, stop the process, return my money. They said, sure, ok, no problem. After 1 week, i got the package  :facepalm: Wrote to them again. Answer: sorry, we can't actually stop the orders  :facepalm: but here's a ticket for sending it back free of charge. Ok... that made keep the products and of course i received those over amazon as well. Gave some, kept some. But for me, that is a f up. And ordering again from them... hm...

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 12:51:52 PM
In my case and not only, they had not accurate infos on the website. And they still left those as they were for a long time after. It was so: you order until x hour and the product will be shipped in the same day. Shipping to eu (anywhere) 3 to 4 days. I've placed the order, needed it for a present. Their price was way over amazon, but it was the shipping speed i've paid for more. The next day, because i didn't received any confirmation about the shipping i wrote them. The answer was: oh, no, that info on our website is wrong. It will be shipped only today and it will take longer then the 3-4 days you saw. Aha... ok, stop the process, return my money. They said, sure, ok, no problem. After 1 week, i got the package  :facepalm: Wrote to them again. Answer: sorry, we can't actually stop the orders  :facepalm: but here's a ticket for sending it back free of charge. Ok... that made keep the products and of course i received those over amazon as well. Gave some, kept some. But for me, that is a f up. And ordering again from them... hm...

Don't know if KnivesandTools have different "stores" for different countries (I know they have different sites, but I don't know if all of these sites work from the same location or not).  So maybe this might be the same as with Victorinox and Leatherman warranty claims, maybe it all comes down to the service given by your local KnivesandTools department?

All I can say is, I've ordered multiple times (read: something between 40 and 60 times) from them, and only two times they didn't deliver on the day they were supposed to, one time the package got stuck with Post.nl, and the other time, the item was out of stock by the time the were picking my order (when the site says "3 items in stock", and before you pull the trigger, 3 other people order it, the item is out of stock when they get to your order, that's just how it works).

A couple of times I ordered something only minutes before the "order now, delivered tomorrow" deadline, and they always delivered the next day. 

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #16 on: January 13, 2021, 08:33:25 AM
I ordered off lamnia.org in December (25th to be precise) for the first time. The item in question (GiantMouse Ace Riv) was to be ready to be shipped on January 7th.
On January 6th I got a mail that the next batch of the knife will arrive on January 7th, consistent with what it said in their webshop and what was there when I ordered (remember at that time they should know how many knives they get and how many they have ordered).
Yet I did not hear from them until today, January 13th. Got a mail saying that the next batch will arrive on January 20.  :think:

I find unclear communication on of the most annoying things. I mean since the mal from the 6th didn't mean that I will get one on the 7th, the mail from today doesn't mean I will get one the 20th.

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #17 on: January 13, 2021, 02:21:35 PM
I ordered off lamnia.org in December (25th to be precise) for the first time. The item in question (GiantMouse Ace Riv) was to be ready to be shipped on January 7th.
On January 6th I got a mail that the next batch of the knife will arrive on January 7th, consistent with what it said in their webshop and what was there when I ordered (remember at that time they should know how many knives they get and how many they have ordered).
Yet I did not hear from them until today, January 13th. Got a mail saying that the next batch will arrive on January 20.  :think:

I find unclear communication on of the most annoying things. I mean since the mal from the 6th didn't mean that I will get one on the 7th, the mail from today doesn't mean I will get one the 20th.
Lamnia has problems while listing stuff, few times storage count was high and i still needed to wait my order over month. It seems they dont have large local storage, they order stuff when orders come.

Only Tools Matters

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #18 on: January 13, 2021, 04:20:23 PM
Lamnia has problems while listing stuff, few times storage count was high and i still needed to wait my order over month. It seems they dont have large local storage, they order stuff when orders come.

Only Tools Matters
Yeah, they wrote me that the shipment from the 7th didn't arrive (they could improve the wording by changing from "next arrival" to "expected arrival")... and they didn't know that on the 6th? Well, as long as their poor storage count is the only problem then all is fine. One of the Swiss shops it takes 2-4 weeks, even if it is listed as "in stock", you get used to that (and they have undeniably the best prices, sometimes cheaper than US online retailors, but already imported into Switzerland and no/low shipping cost).

P.S.: Worst stock problem I ever encountered was with Lego. I ordered the Saturn rocket (on the day it became available). After 4 month (and several mails with projected delivery date) they cancelled my order, saying that they have run out of stock. But then this should not surprise me. 2 years ago we got a new client, he had his whole product range in several Excel files (for every product range a different file, with different fields and different state of completeness, for some product they didn't even know the price :facepalm:). The company had around 200 product, yet they did not know the exact number.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: February 04, 2021, 04:55:37 PM
After getting my order postponed  5 times, yes you read that right FIVE TIMES, with the messages... "Next arrival on DATE-XY" I got a new message yesterday: "Delivery time currently unknown" :ahhh

and...

wait for it...

Today I got a message, that my order is being prepared for shippment :think: :facepalm: but also :woohoo:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #20 on: February 04, 2021, 05:57:13 PM
After getting my order postponed  5 times, yes you read that right FIVE TIMES, with the messages... "Next arrival on DATE-XY" I got a new message yesterday: "Delivery time currently unknown" :ahhh

and...

wait for it...

Today I got a message, that my order is being prepared for shippment :think: :facepalm: but also :woohoo:

Wow :o 5 times? :ahhh I would have cancelled and asked for a refund. I know shipping was a bit tricky in December, especially with everyone shopping even more online than before cause of Covid, and probably quarantine of overseas items at the customs. But come on, a bit more serious aproach to customer service is in order there.

Btw I assume this should be lamnia.com, right? .org goes to website not found :think:

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #21 on: February 04, 2021, 06:10:15 PM
a few months ago I ordered two items from amazon de.

I was told that the first one could not be delivered and tracking showed it returned to amazon.

Then they sent me another one, same story, got a refund.

Two weeks later both items arrived to me, and I had to return them, since I had bought what I wanted from another local shop....

Shipping and tracking is crazy these days

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: February 21, 2021, 02:30:57 PM
NEWS, well at least to me... but Heinnie is now shipping Tax Free... which is at least for people in Switzerland good news, means everything will be 21.4% cheaper because we don't pay taxes twice anymore (and no tax on tax...).

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #23 on: February 21, 2021, 03:18:59 PM
NEWS, well at least to me... but Heinnie is now shipping Tax Free... which is at least for people in Switzerland good news, means everything will be 21.4% cheaper because we don't pay taxes twice anymore (and no tax on tax...).

It makes sense, if they want to keep selling to the EU, where until recently there was no tax on items from the UK.

I have not seen it.

EDIT
:
https://heinnie.com/blog/tax-free-to-the-eu/

Offline marktaylor

Reply #24 on: February 27, 2021, 05:03:34 PM
https://www.cuchilleriagomez.com/

Spain based, interesting options - has novelties pretty earlier than other shops - like Victorinox mini-tools or folding paring knife (when released last year). Prices are good too. Shipping is fast.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #25 on: April 01, 2022, 08:50:05 AM
A shop that I have used twice with no major issues.

They also have an eBay shop so compare with that too. First time I ordered from their eBay shop the item mysteriously went out of stock, though magically it was available on their online shop, for more..... I was not impressed with them.

French, so no surprising taxes within the EU .

Shipping is a bit slow but they have a good selection and prices.

https://www.thebestknives.eu/

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #26 on: April 01, 2022, 01:18:27 PM
A shop that I have used twice with no major issues.

They also have an eBay shop so compare with that too. First time I ordered from their eBay shop the item mysteriously went out of stock, though magically it was available on their online shop, for more..... I was not impressed with them.

French, so no surprising taxes within the EU .

Shipping is a bit slow but they have a good selection and prices.

https://www.thebestknives.eu/

Major Issues!

:salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #27 on: October 20, 2022, 11:32:43 AM
A UK only site that I have used.
Many items are cheaper than other UK (or EU) dealers.

https://www.cyclaireshop.co.uk/

I placed an order and had to amend the address as it was being processed - they did it with no issues or complaints

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
Reply #28 on: October 20, 2022, 02:10:52 PM
A UK only site that I have used.
Many items are cheaper than other UK (or EU) dealers.

https://www.cyclaireshop.co.uk/

I placed an order and had to amend the address as it was being processed - they did it with no issues or complaints

I can second what dks says. I have used them as well  :tu:
They don't like it up 'em!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69