Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Color of web links difficult to distinguish from normal text

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
I didn't see a forum dedicated to forum issues/improvements/suggestions, so I am posting here.

When I embed web links inside text, they are almost the same dark gray color so it is very difficult to tell a web link apart from the surrounding words.

Suggest you use 2 colors for links:  one for links which have been visited (e.g., very dark blue) and a different color (e.g., lighter blue) for links which have not been visited.  These colors should be clearly different from the normal text color.  I made a similar suggestion to the http://edcforums.com administrators who employ the same forum software and it worked out well.

Thanks.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

ar Offline mcniac

• Administrator
  • Don't Panic!
Re: Color of web links difficult to distinguish from normal text
Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 09:42:09 PM
thanxs for the sugestion, i am ashamed to say that i haven't noticed that it was like that here :(
i am the kind of guy that bitches when a site do things like this :) and it happend to me

Esteban

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 09:42:39 PM
Thanks for the feedback.  Being a new site, we have alot of bugs to work out.  I have had similar concerns about the colors of the links, and also the "New Post" indicator in the main menu.  I don't feel it is as noticeable as it could be either. 
Rest assured, as we plug along, we will try to get things put right.  Meanwhile, please feel free to let either myself or Esteban know about any thoughts you might have to help make the place better.
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 11:18:37 PM
...  I have had similar concerns about the colors of the links, and also the "New Post" indicator in the main menu.  I don't feel it is as noticeable as it could be either. 

Yeah ... now that you mentioned it ....   :D
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 12:13:31 AM
This is just one of many templates we could use- I have been trying to find out if we can make it user selectable, but once again that's been placed on the back burner while we deal with other issues.  Each of the other templates I have selected have their strengths and drawbacks, and this one seems to be overall the best at the moment.  However, we also have a graphic designer working on a whole new look for the site, so bear with us...  it's on the list!
Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%