Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Batoning Is Stupid

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Re: Batoning Is Stupid
Reply #30 on: July 17, 2019, 10:51:33 PM
We did/do the same. I always found it funny how in Youtbe videos Americans always start a whole logging industry just to start a fire, while we just picked up some fallen branches, break the smaller ones and give the bigger ones a good kicking.  :D

The same goes for ferocium rods. They are used all the damn time. Though I can hardly imagine a less convenient modern way of starting a fire. We always did just fine with a lighter or matches.  :woohoo:
hmmmm……..I do?  Don't remember using a skid steer and a Farm Boss for camping.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Online nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: July 18, 2019, 12:50:59 AM
No doubt about learning how to baton, I for one actually do baton with my knives(yes, both fixed and folding), almost like a destructive test to see how far I could count on my gears with the need arises.  And you are absolutely right about not always possible to lug everything for every trip, and I think how to wisely choose and compromise is just of that good planning/prepping.

I guess what I like to stress most about survival is not only about the gears and skills out on the field, but the before trip planning and preparation are just as important, if not more.  Do we tell someone where we are going and for how long?  Will someone look for us if we have no communication?  Do we dress properly and could even sustain the weather overnight?  IIRC, most PCT thru hikers often sustain cold Sierra snow mountain nights without building a big fire, and I think that is a testimony to their good planning and proper gears/clothing to achieve that.

A fire is always nice to have, but I agree that one should generally be carrying the gear required to do both of the following without NEEDING to start a fire:
  • stay warm (and dry) enough to avoid both hypothermia and frostbite, in the worst weather that could reasonably be encountered given the location and the season
  • purify water for drinking

us Online nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: July 18, 2019, 01:22:00 AM
We did/do the same. I always found it funny how in Youtbe videos Americans always start a whole logging industry just to start a fire, while we just picked up some fallen branches, break the smaller ones and give the bigger ones a good kicking.  :D

The same goes for ferocium rods. They are used all the damn time. Though I can hardly imagine a less convenient modern way of starting a fire. We always did just fine with a lighter or matches.  :woohoo:

Don't believe everything you see on Youtube.  I (and assume most everyone else) go for dead fall first where available, break what we can, and often feed what we can't break into the fire whole.  That said, I think the reasons that there are so many batoning videos on Youtube are
  • watching someone baton is more interesting than watching them pick up sticks off the ground (and most of the folks doing Youtube videos are trying to generate views, after all)
  • batoning is a test that any fixed blade suitable for woods use should be able to pass

I'm with you on the ferrocerium rods though.  Other than maybe "some people enjoy using a (sort of) primitive method of fire-starting" and "anything that throws a shower of sparks is cool", I don't really see the attraction.  I'm a Bic fan myself; I can get a 5-pack of standard size Bic lighters for $5, stash them all in my pack and pockets (they weigh next to nothing and take up almost no space), and have the capability to start up to 15000 fires.  And, of course, they will ignite tinder much more easily than a ferrocerium rod.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: July 18, 2019, 03:05:32 PM
 :iagree:

There is also a huge difference between camping and being lost needing a fire.  I'd suggest most who carry other fire starting tools are campers out having a good time.  I'd also suggest they indeed have a lighter or 2 with them. 

Batoning is also more a camping fun thing as most would gather sticks and dry tinder to start a fire if lost and needing a fire.  The sad reality however is there are those who venture out backpacking or day hiking who don't carry an ignition source and find themselves in trouble.  They are the same folks who carry only a pint of water and wear short since it starts out hot in the beginning of their hike.   

Trust me I've seen these people out.  They also wear sandals and carry as little as a bum bag.  We hiked 6 hours one way and have seen these folks.   :facepalm: 
Esse Quam Videri

au Offline TazzieRob

• No Life Club
Reply #34 on: July 19, 2019, 12:05:24 AM
Winter snow here in Tasmania's highlands has been pretty heavy this year. Just in the last week half a dozen people had to be evacuated from the area by SAR. One guy spent 10 days in his tent freezing his arse off because he lost his pack (with PLB)on a day walk from his camp. The fog came down Andre couldn't find it, spent a night out before finding his footprints and retracing to his tent. In this circumstance a fire would have been a massive boost but it kept snowing. He was found 3 days after being overdue.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #35 on: July 19, 2019, 12:03:47 PM

There is also a huge difference between camping and being lost needing a fire.  I'd suggest most who carry other fire starting tools are campers out having a good time.  I'd also suggest they indeed have a lighter or 2 with them. 

Batoning is also more a camping fun thing as most would gather sticks and dry tinder to start a fire if lost and needing a fire.  The sad reality however is there are those who venture out backpacking or day hiking who don't carry an ignition source and find themselves in trouble.  They are the same folks who carry only a pint of water and wear short since it starts out hot in the beginning of their hike.   

Trust me I've seen these people out.  They also wear sandals and carry as little as a bum bag.  We hiked 6 hours one way and have seen these folks.   :facepalm: 

Poor prep and planning is just a prequel to disaster...I too have seen it first hand. 

Once I got the permit to hike and taking photo in Coyote Butte in Arizona, and we found a local SAR/ex-Park Ranger as our guide to drive us directly to the Coyote Butte.  On our way to the hike, we passed by two young ladies whom were really lucky to get the permit to hike the Wave.  Just out of courtesy, our guide pulled up to their car and advised them what to bring.  It was a pretty warm day, and they had about 1.5L(40oz) of water between them two, sandals, no flashlight or map, and they insisted they were ready. 

When we finished the trip that day, we passed by the parking lot to Wave, and found their car was the only car parked in the pitch black(which was about 10 hours later, and they should have finished way before that).  Our hearts sank and the our guide knew she might have to call it in, as local SAR might have to start looking for them.

us Online nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: July 20, 2019, 05:14:58 AM
The sad reality however is there are those who venture out backpacking or day hiking who don't carry an ignition source and find themselves in trouble.  They are the same folks who carry only a pint of water and wear short since it starts out hot in the beginning of their hike.   

Yea, I just don't understand it.  Especially when some know-how, planning, and a bit of gear can be the difference between life and death.

https://www.mnn.com/family/pets/stories/dog-stays-with-family-who-died-on-hiking-trail

https://www.cnn.com/2015/08/10/us/new-mexico-french-deaths/index.html

Even experienced hikers are not immune:

https://www.natureoutside.com/hypothermia-claims-another-hiker/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/26/when-you-find-my-body-please-call-my-husband-wrote-dying-hiker-lost-along-the-appalachian-trail/?utm_term=.17a9aaf2fa63

The only things I can think of are that:
  • Most of us today live with a level of comfort, safety, and security that our ancestors could not have dreamed of.  With the possible exception of driving, most of us just aren't accustomed to having to regularly make decisions with our lives on the line.  The result is that we may not recognize the seriousness of these choices, until it is too late.
  • At a time when good judgment and swift action become paramount to survival, conditions such as hypothermia, dehydration, or heat stroke can impair a person's ability to think clearly.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #37 on: July 20, 2019, 01:39:50 PM
Yea, I just don't understand it.  Especially when some know-how, planning, and a bit of gear can be the difference between life and death.

https://www.mnn.com/family/pets/stories/dog-stays-with-family-who-died-on-hiking-trail

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/26/when-you-find-my-body-please-call-my-husband-wrote-dying-hiker-lost-along-the-appalachian-trail/?utm_term=.17a9aaf2fa63

• Most of us today live with a level of comfort, safety, and security that our ancestors could not have dreamed of.  With the possible exception of driving, most of us just aren't accustomed to having to regularly make decisions with our lives on the line.  The result is that we may not recognize the seriousness of these choices, until it is too late.
  • At a time when good judgment and swift action become paramount to survival, conditions such as hypothermia, dehydration, or heat stroke can impair a person's ability to think clearly.

I read those links you have posted, some really could have been prevented and it really was sad it didn't.

Besides good planning and prep, it is just paramount that more than one reliable parties know where you are going and for how long...sometimes accidents do happen, and if incapacitated and unable to communicate for help, the rescue is the only chance one would have.  Even leaving a foot print/note about your activity could be life saving.

I know it might seem to be an overkill, but for those of us whom like to explorer the nature by oneself, a PLB is really a good piece of gear to invest in.

de Offline Shuya

Reply #38 on: September 18, 2019, 11:02:47 AM

I often relate the firekit stuff to the US, here in europe where I hike, fire is not considered the first thing to think about imho.

Most important survival tool is your brain and it is advised to use it before the trip.
Therefore I rate proper clothing the first and most important thing to pack, adding a space blanket and/or a lightweight bivy bag will get you through a lot of trouble without any fire (in my alpine treks there isnt even anything to burn anyway above 2500m).
Keeping yourself dry and out of the wind beats any fire imho, and firekits should only be a last resort for when the really big sh*t hits the fan.

But it all depends on your environment of course.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #39 on: September 18, 2019, 06:14:27 PM
 :salute: nice contribution to the discussion.   Clothing, proper clothing is essential.  Todays shelters be it bivy, mylar, or again proper clothing can be a life saver.  Fire alone when soaked or high winds just may not be enough. 
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #40 on: September 18, 2019, 06:21:41 PM

I often relate the firekit stuff to the US, here in europe where I hike, fire is not considered the first thing to think about imho.

Most important survival tool is your brain and it is advised to use it before the trip.
Therefore I rate proper clothing the first and most important thing to pack, adding a space blanket and/or a lightweight bivy bag will get you through a lot of trouble without any fire (in my alpine treks there isnt even anything to burn anyway above 2500m).
Keeping yourself dry and out of the wind beats any fire imho, and firekits should only be a last resort for when the really big sh*t hits the fan.

But it all depends on your environment of course.

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #41 on: September 18, 2019, 06:36:58 PM
Fire can be multipurpose however.  Lets not forget it can be used as a signal, deterrent to animals, and disinfect water.  While I agree with clothing and ones intelligence being important I'd highly suggest one also bring a means of fire.  While not number one on the list it certainly should be on the list IMO.
Esse Quam Videri

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #42 on: September 19, 2019, 11:11:21 PM
Batoning seems like an oddity. I mean where do the logs to split come from? Unless you are camping, but then you can also use a hatchet

I doubt the wedge needs to be so big - surely it's only the first few mm that force the timber apart.  :think:
Yeah, you could use a chisel (or one of those small wedges made for woodsplitting, but they are usually rather large and heavy). I would guess at least some pry-bars should work too.
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #43 on: September 20, 2019, 04:57:00 AM
Fire can be multipurpose however.  Lets not forget it can be used as a signal, deterrent to animals, and disinfect water.  While I agree with clothing and ones intelligence being important I'd highly suggest one also bring a means of fire.  While not number one on the list it certainly should be on the list IMO.

:iagree:  Especially if you are in cold weather and accidentally get soaking wet, if there is a mean to start a fire to regulate body temperature, that would be life saving.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #44 on: September 20, 2019, 05:04:10 AM
Batoning seems like an oddity. I mean where do the logs to split come from? Unless you are camping, but then you can also use a hatchet
Yeah, you could use a chisel (or one of those small wedges made for woodsplitting, but they are usually rather large and heavy). I would guess at least some pry-bars should work too.

It is odd if you look at it as a task you might do often when camping/surviving outdoors, and you are right with the hatchet/other gears.  Personally, I would look at it as a destructive test to see how robust is the knife.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #45 on: September 20, 2019, 04:15:11 PM
Personally, I would look at it as a destructive test to see how robust is the knife.
It is interesting to know, but if you take that as a benchmark you will end up with a thicker, heavier knife.
I mean the Fällkniven A1X (Full tang, 7mm tick, 400g) probably fairs better in batoning test than a Mora Buschcraft (3.2mm tick / 165g). But for the weight of the A1X you get 2 Mora Bushcraft and 4 Bic Lighter.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: September 20, 2019, 04:57:58 PM
I'm sure there has to be a point when all this batoning started.  I have seen/read getting to the inner parts of the wood in the case of wood being we was one reason  :dunno:.  Testing of knives certainly has become the "main" reason tho.  When we camp we scavenge for wood.  Usually we find all the material needed an no batoning is needed.  We have broken down wrist size pieces into pencil sized ones batoning but its no where near hammering a knife thru a log.  We make feather sticks for fun to "play" with ferro rods and friction fire starting methods. 

The need of fire in a situation one can break branches off trees starting at the end and working your way to the trunk.  At some point tho a lot of force would be needed.  I think if it was raining tinder would be the most difficult to gather rather than the larger pieces.  Non makes any sense in the rain if a shelter isn't competed.  Making a fire in the rain seems difficult at best. 
Esse Quam Videri

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #47 on: September 20, 2019, 06:48:10 PM
It is interesting to know, but if you take that as a benchmark you will end up with a thicker, heavier knife.
I mean the Fällkniven A1X (Full tang, 7mm tick, 400g) probably fairs better in batoning test than a Mora Buschcraft (3.2mm tick / 165g). But for the weight of the A1X you get 2 Mora Bushcraft and 4 Bic Lighter.

Excellent point, the funny part is I batoned the shxt out of my Mora Bushcraft black(which btw is one of my favorite fixie) just to see whether it could take the abuse, and after an hour of batoning thru fire wood with just very minor roll, that experience has forever changed my perspective on fixed blade. 

Chopper aside, so as long we are not mistaking our fixed blade as an axe, I figured many well made fixed blade, even with thin stock, could sustain "sensible" occasional batoning.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #48 on: September 20, 2019, 07:06:45 PM
I'm sure there has to be a point when all this batoning started.  I have seen/read getting to the inner parts of the wood in the case of wood being we was one reason  :dunno: .  Testing of knives certainly has become the "main" reason tho.  When we camp we scavenge for wood.  Usually we find all the material needed an no batoning is needed.  We have broken down wrist size pieces into pencil sized ones batoning but its no where near hammering a knife thru a log.  We make feather sticks for fun to "play" with ferro rods and friction fire starting methods. 

The need of fire in a situation one can break branches off trees starting at the end and working your way to the trunk.  At some point tho a lot of force would be needed.  I think if it was raining tinder would be the most difficult to gather rather than the larger pieces.  Non makes any sense in the rain if a shelter isn't competed.  Making a fire in the rain seems difficult at best. 

I think batoning becomes "popular" when "bushcrafting" becomes a household name for the knife industry.  Then all the sudden everyone is "batoning" and making feather sticks(myself included :rofl: ).  With that, comes the chopper or the "one tool option" for "outdoor survival".  I'm no outdoor survival expert, but I will always remember how big is the More Kochanski's survival kettle, and the kind of tools he would bring with him for winter survival.

If there is ever a scenario to survive a couple of winter nights in Boreal Forrest, instead of being a beast knife like Etherealicer mentioned and wasting all the calories bashing in the woods, to me the sensible thing will be bringing relevant tools to make things easy and efficient.

Of course, all those good tips we mentioned should go first, even before we have to resort to this  :D

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: September 21, 2019, 08:26:29 AM
Excellent point, the funny part is I batoned the shxt out of my Mora Bushcraft black(which btw is one of my favorite fixie) just to see whether it could take the abuse, and after an hour of batoning thru fire wood with just very minor roll, that experience has forever changed my perspective on fixed blade. 

Chopper aside, so as long we are not mistaking our fixed blade as an axe, I figured many well made fixed blade, even with thin stock, could sustain "sensible" occasional batoning.
Well... full tang is a rather recent trend. I mean big knives like the Sax and even swords were through-/hidden tang, so were the WW1&2 trench knives, everyday knives where usually skinny and small. The Mora is fashioned after an age old design, from a time when people probably had to rely on their knife far more often.
Machetes seem to be the exception, having a full tang, but they are commonly thinner blades with a lot of flexibility and together with its relatives they dominate the wilder parts of today's world. Workhorses like the blades used to harvest sugar cane (still to this day done by hand) are simple chopping blades with through- or even hidden tang.
I think the secret is a softer steel and sharpening more often.

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #50 on: September 21, 2019, 09:58:41 AM

I like how this thread varies from the original topic to a bit of a wider spectrum and to come back to the beginning :D

Anyway, agreeing with Aloha here.
Forgive me for sharing my own thread link here too...
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?topic=82573.0

Even when not expecting trouble, always pack some items that might solve issues that could arrise. A Mylar and a lighter weigh nothing, and you're better safe than sorry.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #51 on: September 21, 2019, 11:29:37 AM
Well... full tang is a rather recent trend. I mean big knives like the Sax and even swords were through-/hidden tang, so were the WW1&2 trench knives, everyday knives where usually skinny and small. The Mora is fashioned after an age old design, from a time when people probably had to rely on their knife far more often.
Machetes seem to be the exception, having a full tang, but they are commonly thinner blades with a lot of flexibility and together with its relatives they dominate the wilder parts of today's world. Workhorses like the blades used to harvest sugar cane (still to this day done by hand) are simple chopping blades with through- or even hidden tang.
I think the secret is a softer steel and sharpening more often.

That is true.  I remember decades ago, friends and I would loosely term any through tang(not rat tail, but something like a Mora Bushcraft black) as 'full tang' or 'through tang'.  And I agree with what said about those aged old design, when people actually use them for living and live by them.  Maybe it is the modern consumerism or 'more is always better' that leads to many overbuilt designs.  I traveled a lot in Asian countries for work and fun, and most of those 'machete'-lookalike work knives are relatively thin stock with full tangs, and handled with nothing but just cordage or thin pieces of wood.  I think they are made that way not because of added integrity, merely because it is more cost effective and cost less to actually make handle to fit.

I think it always come back to proven designs/geometry combined with the right kind of material. 

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: September 21, 2019, 06:52:22 PM
The widespread knife consumerism and related videos likely had a big impact on batoning.  Seems every knife had to undergo a baton session for it to pass the videographers/reviewers test.  I did see a while ago that some in the knife community or maybe it was the community that watches these videos, people arguing against batoning.  I don't watch all the videos on knives as much but even the ones I did watch seem to stray away from the practice. 

I am still of the feeling that it can be done and done in a manner that wont harm the knife.  I tend to like 5 inch or less blades.  Probably not the ideal knife to baton so its not something I do every time I camp.  I'm more of a wedge guy.  I also have a hatchet that I use to create the initial opening then work wedges in to split the wood.  Thats just my way.  Plus I did try to baton thru some Eucalyptus and no way.   
Esse Quam Videri

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: September 24, 2019, 10:25:48 AM

I poker terms......I see your hatchet, and I raise you Camelthorn (and other Acacia) wood.....

And I laugh while I take your money.  :gimme:

You guys must remember not all the world is covered in nice fluffy soft Pine trees, not all the world harvests and uses wood the same.

Some of you BBQ, we "BRAAI", and you can't braai on gas or any other smurf, you need good hardwood coals beneath your meat.  This past Saturday, Zebra fillet over Camelthorn coals under the stars.....you have not lived yet  :drool:

And the best (and safest) way to split off some smaller pieces to get the fire started........is not an axe!  :hatsoff:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #54 on: September 24, 2019, 01:04:50 PM
I poker terms......I see your hatchet, and I raise you Camelthorn (and other Acacia) wood.....

You guys must remember not all the world is covered in nice fluffy soft Pine trees, not all the world harvests and uses wood the same.

Some of you BBQ, we "BRAAI", and you can't braai on gas or any other smurf, you need good hardwood coals beneath your meat.  This past Saturday, Zebra fillet over Camelthorn coals under the stars.....you have not lived yet  :drool:

And the best (and safest) way to split off some smaller pieces to get the fire started........is not an axe!  :hatsoff:

GG, you meant to tell me I have not been living all these years? :facepalm:   I don't believe you until I see the pictures of such "BRAAI"... :pok: :drool:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #55 on: September 24, 2019, 04:11:42 PM
That Camelthorn is some hard wood.  At 3600+ on the Janka scale its gonna cause issues when trying to cut for sure.  Our Eucalyptus at 2700+ is also hard and splitting is an issue. 

I wont touch the BBQ comment as I would never speak on another's BBQ/Braai methods  :salute:.  Suffice to say hard wood is a must for BBQ.  Most here in the states consider foods cooked over fire BBQ but thats not quite right.  We have a fierce subculture of BBQ from region to region in the US.  As to whats "REAL BBQ", here in the US as I'm sure other parts of the world its nearly religion  ;)

I'm not pit master but I do fancy myself a pretty good at low and slow cookery.  South Africa  :hatsoff: I'd love to one day have Braai in the motherland of foods cooked this way.   
Esse Quam Videri

• No Life Club
Reply #56 on: September 25, 2019, 10:42:52 AM
GG, you meant to tell me I have not been living all these years? :facepalm:   I don't believe you until I see the pictures of such "BRAAI"... :pok: :drool:

Funny story, I spoiled a video I was making of a spectacular sunset with a comment, I was stunned when I realized I missed the true beauty of the sunset by looking at the small screen.

The braai involved very good friends, very good meat, and I was braai master so sorry, no photos  :cheers:

That Camelthorn is some hard wood.  At 3600+ on the Janka scale its gonna cause issues when trying to cut for sure.  Our Eucalyptus at 2700+ is also hard and splitting is an issue. 

Janka scale.....cool, I did not know about that!  :cheers:

I wont touch the BBQ comment as I would never speak on another's BBQ/Braai methods  :salute:.  Suffice to say hard wood is a must for BBQ.  Most here in the states consider foods cooked over fire BBQ but thats not quite right.  We have a fierce subculture of BBQ from region to region in the US.  As to whats "REAL BBQ", here in the US as I'm sure other parts of the world its nearly religion  ;)

I'm not pit master but I do fancy myself a pretty good at low and slow cookery.  South Africa  :hatsoff: I'd love to one day have Braai in the motherland of foods cooked this way.   

A wise man indeed  :hatsoff: ......but come to Namibia, you'll be safer and the meat is better  :tu:

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #57 on: September 30, 2019, 07:07:46 PM

Actually... I take your money as my argument also applies to hardwood (unless you are trying to tell me there are Camelthorn logs in the wilderness) and even with hardwood the hatchet will do better than batoning with your knife.

• No Life Club
Reply #58 on: October 01, 2019, 09:12:48 AM
Actually... I take your money as my argument also applies to hardwood (unless you are trying to tell me there are Camelthorn logs in the wilderness) and even with hardwood the hatchet will do better than batoning with your knife.

My money is safe, you'll just mess up your wrist with your wee hatchet.  :whistle:

The way it works with Camelthron is you gather dead wood by breaking it off the tree.  Most likely no need to split wood to start the fire because you can use the small branches at the tip.

I reality, we cannot and should not gather wood where we camp out of consideration for those that follow, so we're back to the big bags of wood we buy at the service station.......and the safest, easiest way to get small pieces for starting the fire....even with a hatchet, is batoning  :whistle:

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Reply #59 on: October 02, 2019, 12:12:45 AM
Last night a girl walked in on me watching batoning videos. She was all like, "You know they exploit those poor knives just so men like you can be 'entertained'."
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $122.41
PayPal Fees: $6.85
Net Balance: $115.56
Below Goal: $184.44
Site Currency: USD
39%