Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Finally Broke a SAK

au Offline Grass

• First, we take Manhattan
Finally Broke a SAK
on: June 30, 2019, 02:11:54 PM
After all these years... it's finally happened... and yes awlful.

The trusty 111mm one handed trekker. It was just another day of abuse; no different to any other involving my beloved beater.

There was a lookout; Australia, the Pacific Ocean, and the realisation that thousands of oysters were on the rocks below.

So I did what any idiot would and hacked into some with the best tool on me at the time: the awl; with a little help from the lock bottle opener/screwdriver. Anything to get at that magnificent sea snot.

This was not the first time I've done this with the poor trekker; but it to be the last... The awl tip snapped off.

Nearly 30 years of sak use to finally harm one of them. It's awl too much.

Maybe time to pursue that one handed Centurion/Adventurer dream... and/or acquiring a sane tool for oysters...

us Offline Intorikata

Re: Finally Broke a SAK
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 02:27:16 PM
 :salute:

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 02:45:46 PM
Sounds like the sacrifice was awl in a good cause.   :cry:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 02:56:58 PM
Noooooo! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 03:24:24 PM
Noooooo! :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh :ahhh

:iagree:   I was wondering why not use the flathead?  That was like the unofficial pry tool of OH trekker. >:D

00 Offline Borg

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 06:47:00 PM
Sounds like a good excuse to get yourself a Victorinox oyster knife  :tu:
Poker Face Milk dud world champion 2021

es Offline Aligator

Reply #6 on: June 30, 2019, 07:49:16 PM
After all these years... it's finally happened... and yes awlful.

The trusty 111mm one handed trekker. It was just another day of abuse; no different to any other involving my beloved beater.

There was a lookout; Australia, the Pacific Ocean, and the realisation that thousands of oysters were on the rocks below.

So I did what any idiot would and hacked into some with the best tool on me at the time: the awl; with a little help from the lock bottle opener/screwdriver. Anything to get at that magnificent sea snot.

This was not the first time I've done this with the poor trekker; but it to be the last... The awl tip snapped off.

Nearly 30 years of sak use to finally harm one of them. It's awl too much.

Maybe time to pursue that one handed Centurion/Adventurer dream... and/or acquiring a sane tool for oysters...

Victorinox has an exceptional technical service

The problem is often shipments to Switzerland.  But I once sent a victorinox to the importer of my country.  It was not a repair in grantia.  If not change a very worn sheet

All the local shopkeeper was commissioned where I bought my Víctorinox.  I keep it until the representative visited it and gave it to him at that moment.
They were in charge of sending it to Switzerland (also without manufacturers and victorinox must have commercial agreements with their brand in other countries) so they sent it to Victorinox
When the local shopkeeper placed an order for merchandise, the local importer sent it with the new sheet
It took a few months.  The right time to enjoy a new victorinox while repairing the other.

The shopkeeper does not charge me anything.
What I do not know is if victorinox did not charge for the repair or it was a grocer's thing because it was where I bought almost all nor victorinox.  But I remember that it was a repair out of warranty.
At the end of the inconvenience I remember buying a pioneer 2015 alox in appreciation for the management
A greeting

au Offline Grass

Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 01:53:30 AM
Lol. You need to have a hole in the first place to get the prybar in to them flip the oyster apart. The awl functions well in breaking that initial hole so you can do the rest. Completely inappropriate abuse of a sak though.

Minutes before the incident...

:iagree:   I was wondering why not use the flathead?  That was like the unofficial pry tool of OH trekker. >:D
20190630_155207-1008x567.jpg
* 20190630_155207-1008x567.jpg (Filesize: 262.77 KB)

au Offline Grass

Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 01:57:58 AM
Are they strong enough for the oysters here? They are tough mongrels!

Bigger problem is I usually stumble on them unexpected; so it's the sak at hand... lol

I don't have the heart to seek any sort of returns. I've really been mean to this incredible sak. I think next I'll try to pull it to bits to see how they work... wonder who has a drill press of my mates...

Cheers

Sounds like a good excuse to get yourself a Victorinox oyster knife  :tu:

us Offline Rich S

• OLD GEEZER CLUB
Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 09:18:19 PM
SAKs are not prybars (any tool on them). Get a pocket prybar. Take away his merit badges.
Rich
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:21:31 PM by Rich S »
------------------
SAK Knives Matter
------------------

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99