Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Excellent service by Dutch knife shop the Messenshop.nl

EMZ · 5 · 419

nl Offline EMZ

Today I was in the small Dutch town of Harderwijk doing some work and visiting a close relative who is in Harderwijk’s hospital.
Afterwards I paid a visit to a shop called the ‘Messenhop.nl’ (= knives shop). They sometimes have wonderful Victorinox collectors items, but prices are high. So I looked a little bit around in the shop and told the seller I was not interested in buying a knife, but just wanted to look around.
After a short while I asked the seller if they maybe had some old or unused Victorinox catalogs for me. “Ah okay, I’ll take  look”, he said to me.
He opened up a file drawer and said: “Here, this one is old, and this one we have a spare. They’re yours now.” He handed me two thick dealers catalogs, one from 2013 and one from 2017!! These catalogs are for dealers only!
 :ahhh

On my travel to Switserland for two weeks I didn’t manage to get a catalog. In the Brunnen Vic Store they had only one, which was intended for personnel only. According to several Victorinox sources, Vic no longer has paper dealer catalogs available – everything is digital/on-line. The 2017 edition seems to be the last ever (for now of course).
Am I glad I got one!
Of course I bought a small Victorinox at the store: A ‘My First Victorinox’ for one of my nephews.
P7026259medium.JPG
* P7026259medium.JPG (Filesize: 169.72 KB)

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Re: Excellent service by Dutch knife shop the Messenshop.nl
Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 11:41:33 PM
Today I was in the small Dutch town of Harderwijk doing some work and visiting a close relative who is in Harderwijk’s hospital.
Afterwards I paid a visit to a shop called the ‘Messenhop.nl’ (= knives shop). They sometimes have wonderful Victorinox collectors items, but prices are high. So I looked a little bit around in the shop and told the seller I was not interested in buying a knife, but just wanted to look around.
After a short while I asked the seller if they maybe had some old or unused Victorinox catalogs for me. “Ah okay, I’ll take  look”, he said to me.
He opened up a file drawer and said: “Here, this one is old, and this one we have a spare. They’re yours now.” He handed me two thick dealers catalogs, one from 2013 and one from 2017!! These catalogs are for dealers only!
 :ahhh

On my travel to Switserland for two weeks I didn’t manage to get a catalog. In the Brunnen Vic Store they had only one, which was intended for personnel only. According to several Victorinox sources, Vic no longer has paper dealer catalogs available – everything is digital/on-line. The 2017 edition seems to be the last ever (for now of course).
Am I glad I got one!
Of course I bought a small Victorinox at the store: A ‘My First Victorinox’ for one of my nephews.

Congratulations on getting the 2 catalogues EMZ! :cheers:

That is a great find! :like: :tu: :tu:

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 08:17:00 AM
Nice find!
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 09:11:46 AM
That's pretty neat!

I think the owner or an employee is a member here. Or maybe not :think:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

be Offline Ivo

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 10:22:01 AM
Nice EMZ  :cheers:

I got several catalogs with the official price list included and at least one with the price the dealers pay for the SAKs.  :hatsoff:
The Vikings say "when your battle axe is to short do one step forward"

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD