Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Building a desktop system 880

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,628
Re: Building a desktop system
« Reply #60 on: August 17, 2019, 11:08:19 PM »
:nanadance: :nanadance: :nanadance:

:popcorn:        :popcorn:        :popcorn:

Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,410 Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2019, 04:10:32 AM »
Bought a few parts for my computer the past couple weeks and got the parts as reasonably as I could :cheers: I installed a new power supply, a used graphics card Geforce GT 530 and a new 500gb ssd :like:

I installed the parts this morning then reinstalled Windows on the new ssd and and so far so good :cheers: More on it later as I am leaving the house now :salute:
:woohoo:

Good work, Poncho! :like:

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.
Global Moderator He Who Has The Most Nuts, Wins! Posts: 55,883
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2019, 04:45:49 AM »
Thanks guys :hatsoff: I am still looking for a i7 2600 processor to go in it at a reasonable price (for me :D ) and after that, this system will have been upgraded pretty much to it's limits :ahhh I may also get a Pcie card with 2 or 3 USB 3.0 or 3.1 ports :think: and that should help the speed of some of my data transfers as well :cheers: Have to get a few more settings and some more programs downloaded and installed and will have this system to where I want it and still have access to all of my data :like:
« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2019, 02:52:59 PM »
I have most everything the way I want now and the computer is way more responsive now :dd: :like: the graphics card is something I haven't had in a computer in a long while and will have to see what all it can do :salute: I play older games mostly and they have ran fine on this machine but I am excited to see how much better the graphics look on certain games :popcorn: the ssd has for sure been the best part of the upgrade as it has improved the responsiveness the most I believe :cheers: so far so good :like:
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 10,410 Man of Multiple MultiTool Manufacturers
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2019, 06:39:13 PM »
 :woohoo::like:

Glad it is working out like you hoped for, Poncho!

Pontificating particularly pious positions pertaining to polymorphic paraphernalia. G-Man.
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 6,628
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2019, 10:14:25 PM »
Well done Poncho!

Now... what games are you playing?  :pok:

« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2019, 02:24:51 AM »
Not had much time for games yet :oops: :facepalm: I have Doom Legacy going but not really got to play it yet with work and not really felt like doing much since the heat has seemed to have turned up this week so far :ahhh I may play some old school Warcraft 2 and 3 and may even revisit Quake 2 :dd: Yes, I didn't need to upgrade to play any of these but the graphics will look better now :whistle: :D

Oh and Hexen 2 :ahhh :D

I mostly just wanted a faster system and this was the most economical solution  :cheers:
Administrator Zombie Apprentice Posts: 12,150 I am geek, hear me code
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2019, 08:03:25 PM »
I don't really have much useful to add, apart from saying I REALLY miss my desktop. My laptop is great, but even the QHD+ screen doesn't make up for the poor onboard graphics card and lower ram, and also the horsepower of the i5 here vs the i7 on my desktop.

Have to admit I'm spoiled by the 24 inch full HD screens at work... I might have to look into a dual setup when I get back home...

Listen to our Metal Radio Show: https://www.mixcloud.com/sexto9
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2019, 03:56:39 AM »
I use a 32 inch Sceptre brand flat screen that I got very reasonable from Walmart.com years ago that I was using with the vga port but since I put the GPU in I am using it with HDMI and I do love the tiny bit more crispness :cheers: I am thinking of adding another monitor as well and using the DVI port in conjunction with the HDMI and see how it turns out :cheers:
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2019, 12:27:08 AM »
I have an Intel i5 2500 incoming that is second hand that I got cheap on the bay :cheers: The ssd has made the most impact so far in speed but I wanted some type of quad processor and this one was much cheaper than the i7 :whistle: :cheers: :D

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
September Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: $180.00
PayPal Fees: $9.62
Net Balance: $170.38
Below Goal: $129.62
Site Currency: USD
57%