Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Modded Gerber Flik with pocket clip for sale $50

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Modded Gerber Flik with pocket clip for sale $50
on: July 14, 2020, 06:19:31 AM
I I modded this with a file instead of the serrated blade, and I added a pocket clip. (Needed a Carbide drill and tap for the hardened habdle) The file has been ground on the end and then sharpened with a whetstone to make a quite suitable gasket scraper. The serrated blade is included if you’d rather swap it back in.

This tool was a user, and as such the titanium coating on the plier head and the scissors has worn considerably. All the tools are titanium coated, as is the pocket clip. The handles and internal mechanism are black oxide, however.

The case is feeling a little thin and worn as well. But with the pocket clip you don’t really need it anymore.

The cam locks for the (overly complicated if you ask me) plier deployment are in good shape and not damaged in an way. Its a quirky tool that while all one-hand-opening, requires a double flick to open the pliers fully. (Flick the pliers out, then flick them open to engage the cam locks so the handle splay is correct).

It’s a little too angled and therefore less comfortable than an mp600, and for me, the outside opening blades aren’t worth the less comfortable handles.

Some people HAVE to have outside opening blades, and I get that. And this is for you! One handed blades AND one handed pliers. ZOMG right!?!

$50, including shipping to anywhere in the lower 48. You’ll never find another with a proper file and a pocket clip.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%