Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Surge and old sheath

us Offline countrydirt

New Surge and old sheath
on: August 15, 2019, 12:32:56 AM
I bought my first Surge in late 2005 or early 2006 and have always enjoyed it.  It went back to LM around 2008 for scissor replacement and then went back again last week for the same thing.   

Today's mail revealed a new Surge.  I'm impressed with the updates since 2005.  I still have the original sheath and will get back to horizontal belt carry starting tomorrow (well, actually right now). 

The sheath is floppy and scarred and paint flecked, but it does the job.  Might put my bit kit in the back sleeve and the driver extension in one of the sides, although I might need to do a little stitching to tighten it back up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: New Surge and old sheath
Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 04:12:49 AM
Great to see that well used sheath and great to see that LM hooked you up as well :tu: :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 07:13:41 AM
LM did a good job with the New Surge.  I also love the look of a well used leather sheath.   :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 08:16:34 AM
Having a Charge TTI, OHT, Kick, Rebar and a Surge...I would take the Surge any day.

Charge TTi and Kick are great as well, but the Surge is definitely the more superior multitool in pretty much every way.

Where the charge, Rebar and Kick have felt they were nearing their limits by twisting, the Surge didn’t even break sweat. For instance; if I was trying to tighten / untighten a screw or using the pliers to bend or pull something out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan
-------------------------------------------------

us Offline BadMechanic

Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 09:49:41 PM
I never had an older surge, so I cant compare but these newer Surges are tanks. My co-worker has a wave + and he said the surge felt like it was too much.

One day he will be asking to use it.  :multi:

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 10:16:45 PM
That sheath looks great and good to hear
that LM have given you a new Surge cd :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

us Offline countrydirt

Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 03:53:12 PM
Thank you Wspeed, BadMechanic, MMR, Aloha and Poncho65.   I'd not carried the Surge much at all since school let out, instead using my Wave.  Just a few days of carry reminded me why the Surge is my preferred EDC with the heft and heavier duty tools.  It takes all of about 35 seconds to get used to the weight and with a pocket clip, it can carry it in any pants (except for dress pants which I rarely wear) and for almost all events. 

us Offline BadMechanic

Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 05:26:34 PM
Thank you Wspeed, BadMechanic, MMR, Aloha and Poncho65.   I'd not carried the Surge much at all since school let out, instead using my Wave.  Just a few days of carry reminded me why the Surge is my preferred EDC with the heft and heavier duty tools.  It takes all of about 35 seconds to get used to the weight and with a pocket clip, it can carry it in any pants (except for dress pants which I rarely wear) and for almost all events.
I agree. I kept hearing its heavy, not practical for EDC etc. I can understand their concerns, but for me nonissue. With a good belt, it disappears. I notice the size of it more than the weight. Moreso because of my lovehandles  :rofl:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%