Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anybody Know?

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Anybody Know?
on: August 24, 2019, 04:09:40 AM
Used to be I could find Vic plus scales pen included with a simple google or evilbay search from several venders in the US.  For some reason now that I NEED a set I can not seem to find a single US vender selling them pen included.  :facepalm: :facepalm:  Any one out there know of a US based supplier? 
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Re: Anybody Know?
Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 04:23:44 AM
I noticed that too. I remember ordering two sets of plus scales a few months ago, but all the dealers are overseas now.
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 04:39:50 AM
I just ordered some a week or two ago, and I could also only find some without all the implements  :dunno:

If you need a pen, tweezers and tooth pick let me know. I still have plenty from the Vic replacement part set I ordered a while ago  :cheers:

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 02:49:33 AM
I don't know about the plus scales, but I'll echo the offer to mail you a pen if you PM me your address.

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 03:22:33 AM
I've ordered 2 sets from ebay. Dealer was from Ukraine. I'm a little nervous about spending online period but I haven't noticed any issues and the seller has great remarks from purchasers. :cheers:
Plus it came with advertisements from the Ukraine! :mail:
Awlways know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

us Offline Wessaen

• Just a dude with an appreciation for titanium.
Reply #5 on: August 29, 2019, 04:13:07 AM
Yup, I just buy them off the seller from Ukraine and wait 2-3 weeks. They always come in mint condition and have neato stamps on the package to boot.

The seller also has (had?) 84mm Sapphire scales that I haven't seen elsewhere so I bought three sets for my Golfer + future use/backups.

I know Central Valley Wholesale used to sell scales but I haven't seen them sell any Victorinox in over a year so they may have been kicked off the vendor list as I don't think they were supposed to be selling scales by themselves.

-Wes.
Work EDC: LM Raptor/Bladeless Pioneer X Mod

Weekend EDC: LM Free P2 or Vic Pioneer X/Vic Rambler/Olight I1R EOS Pro Ti/ Atwood R37Pry

These days I focus on collecting oddball Pharmacy/Medical Advert Victorinox Classics.

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 29, 2019, 04:49:23 AM
Yup, I just buy them off the seller from Ukraine and wait 2-3 weeks. They always come in mint condition and have neato stamps on the package to boot.

The seller also has (had?) 84mm Sapphire scales that I haven't seen elsewhere so I bought three sets for my Golfer + future use/backups.

I know Central Valley Wholesale used to sell scales but I haven't seen them sell any Victorinox in over a year so they may have been kicked off the vendor list as I don't think they were supposed to be selling scales by themselves.

-Wes.

That seller probably has most of our addresses :facepalm:
Awlways know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 29, 2019, 05:28:22 AM
Thanks guys.  I'm still kinda hesitating  :facepalm: can't seem to decide on the scales I want or bring myself to part with the cash.  Seems sence Central Vally stopped selling them State Side they've gone up a bit too.  :rant:  So instead of dropping $$ on scales I gave it to the MTo opperation fund.  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=treasury Just felt better about keeping the lights on around here right now. Eventualy I'll get off the fence and make a purchase.  :ahhh :ahhh

Yes that's right I just made another shameless plug for donations to the forum.  :pok: :pok: https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?action=treasury
 :oops:  just did it again...   :twak: :twak:
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: August 29, 2019, 06:03:37 PM
I've ordered 2 sets from ebay. Dealer was from Ukraine. I'm a little nervous about spending online period but I haven't noticed any issues and the seller has great remarks from purchasers. :cheers:

I've ordered several sets from the same person. No problems at all, factory scales, decent prices. I even got replacement electronic Traveller/Voyager scales which I've NEVER seen available. Bought them off eBay so I figured if it was a scam I could get my money back. No scam - everything as advertised.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%