Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My hike pack.

Aloha · 37 · 1441

us Offline BadMechanic

Re: My hike pack.
Reply #30 on: September 15, 2019, 11:11:24 PM
Lovin the setup! Simple yet effective.

dont need to bring the sink

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #31 on: October 03, 2019, 12:28:11 AM
Missed this thread completely :ahhh Very nice setup, Aloha :tu: :like: I love to see what others carry and it often gives me ideas on what kind of things I need :D MTO members usually if not always carry some of the best gear I see on the whole of the interwebs :like:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #32 on: October 04, 2019, 05:36:26 AM
Thanks Poncho.  I realized my gloves are not pictured but neither are my hike poles.  We like hiking in the fall/winter when the weather is cooler.  I think whats in the bag is a good foundation.  Like I mentioned, I'll add as needed. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: October 17, 2019, 03:30:13 AM
Aloha, it's always nice to see what equipment you talk about, whether it is knives, Leathermans, work boots, or, like this, hiking gear.

Everything I see there makes sense to me without going overboard.

We hiked Mt Kearsarge this past weekend. Almost three thousand feet, probably actually two thousand of actual prominence.

I have an UnderArmour Storm backpack, green digital camo. Lots of pockets. I first started day hiking with it when I bought it new a few years ago. Soon I started carrying my laptop to work in it. This past weekend, I had to move all of my work stuff out of it so that I could put all of my day hike stuff back in for the mountain hike.then I did the reverse on Monday so I could go back to work on Tuesday..

What I really need to do is what Aloha did, and get another one so I can save this one specifically and always loaded for day hikes.

Thanks for the pack tour, Aloha
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 03:37:32 AM by ThundahBeagle »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #34 on: October 17, 2019, 06:40:54 AM
 :salute: I appreciate the comments.  Its nice to have the pack ready with the "basics".  All I do is add clothing, foods, and whatever items we feel necessary. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: October 17, 2019, 06:52:55 AM
Sounds like my set up also. Especially on my mountain bike! It is already packed. Just add food  :cheers:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #36 on: October 17, 2019, 04:27:27 PM
 :tu:.  What was happening was I was moving items from pack to pack.  I kept forgetting things or leaving things because I thought I wouldn't want/need them.  We do local hike which are more loops and we do mountain hike which are also loops but are more back country that take a good 4+ hours.  I think at one point since we've gone on longer hikes and not needed anything other than food and water I thought about not carrying certain items.  That thought lasted all but a moment since we know there are rescues often enough and people get hurt often enough that what we carry is the basics. 

Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD