Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Now, get out of that!

england Offline Rathbone

Now, get out of that!
on: August 31, 2019, 01:48:57 PM
Here's an idea for a bit of fun. We put forward a hypothetical situation and people nominate the "ONE" tool they would choose to get out of it. Perhaps with a brief justification. Sounds good? Let's go...

You are prisoner in a POW camp. Escape is only possible if you could build a rudimentary glider. Wood, canvas, screws and nails are plentiful but there is zero access to equipment. A kindly intern offers to smuggle ONE item in. But what should you choose?

Now, get out of that!

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Now, get out of that!
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 07:17:49 PM
A Leatherman Supertool 300, or a Victorinox Swiss Tool X, or a Swiss Champ.

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 07:36:09 PM
LM Surge  :tu:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

be Offline Top-Gear-24

Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 08:24:29 PM
LM Free P4.

Knife, saw, prybar and...

Magnets to magnetize a needle to make an improvised compass to help navigate while escaping...  :P

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 08:39:20 PM
LM Surge  :multi:
Throw it in to guard's head, knock him out and you don't need glider. Just walk out of POW camp 8)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 09:20:17 PM
Throw it in to guard's head, knock him out and you don't need glider. Just walk out of POW camp 8)

:iagree: :rofl:

But otherwise I might rather have the Supertool 300 :think: :tu:

Fun game :like:

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 31, 2019, 10:59:31 PM
I vote Swisstool X.  Scissors to cut canvas, saw to cut wood, Drivers for the most common screws with longer reach than leatherman bits ( that's if the intern brings the bits. He did say only one item.)  Awl to punch and drill holes in the canvas and wood, pliars for streaching the canvas and keep the handles colsed and it makes a great hammer for the nails.  Wire cutter for smaller nails, hack saw and file for shaping and or cutting laeger nails and screws, chisel to make cut outs for joints...

The Spirit dose all of these except drive nails and I still am not a huge fan of the scissors ( althoug they might work better depending on how heavy the canvas is.) and it dose have a better chisel so it would be a good back up.
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

MTo...The BEST place on Earth!

00 Offline Mechanickal

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 12:37:53 AM
The hammer function on the Swisstool does indeed work rather well...

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 02:44:35 AM
A 1933 Plierench with the full complement of jaws in the army green or camel brown canvas pouch to it easier to hide.
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 12:10:54 PM
:iagree: :rofl:

But otherwise I might rather have the Supertool 300 :think: :tu:

Fun game :like:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I gonna say Spirit X or Swisstool, they are great for wood work and you can use it as signal device to tell Co Bao where to meet up...

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 12:23:32 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I gonna say Spirit X or Swisstool, they are great for wood work and you can use it as signal device to tell Co Bao where to meet up...

Or you focus sun beams on to fuel tank, explosion creates distraction, you flash it in guards eyes and while he is blinded you steal there tank and brake out. (Don't you guys just love Macgyver?)  :rofl: :rofl:
This is fun game!!!

england Offline Rathbone

Reply #11 on: September 01, 2019, 01:38:01 PM
Here's another...

The ship is sinking. The last place on the lifeboat is reserved for the ship's barber. The Captain will let you aboard if you can provide proof you are indeed a barber. He requires a neat haircut, a shave and fingers manicured as proof and to look repectable for the press upon rescue.
All the barbers equipment now languishes at the bottom of the briny. However, you reach into your jacket pocket and happen to have packed a .....

Now, get out of that!

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 01:54:57 PM
Here's another...

The ship is sinking. The last place on the lifeboat is reserved for the ship's barber. The Captain will let you aboard if you can provide proof you are indeed a barber. He requires a neat haircut, a shave and fingers manicured as proof and to look repectable for the press upon rescue.
All the barbers equipment now languishes at the bottom of the briny. However, you reach into your jacket pocket and happen to have packed a .....

Now, get out of that!

Leatherman Hybird!!!!

Yes, sir, please come onboard.

hr Offline Vjeko Posavac

Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 02:23:46 PM

Leatherman Hybird!!!!

Yes, sir, please come onboard.

HAHAHAHAHA  :rofl: :rofl:  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 04:20:59 PM
 :rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 04:43:16 PM
SOG Powerlock with scissors.  The sharpest knives I own (factory edges) came from SOG.  I'm pretty sure I could shave with my Powerlock.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: September 01, 2019, 04:58:14 PM
Royce Emergency Grooming kit.  :cheers: :cheers:
We can even open that random bottle of wine we find floating near the Life Boat. :woohoo:

« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 05:20:53 PM by Douglas »
"LOGIC!  My God, the man's talking about logic!  We're talking about Universal Armageddon!"
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 07:38:28 PM
OKay guess I ended that one...
Now you have arrived as a volunteer at a four day secluded mountain survival camp in January, only to find you were suposed to have bought a gift for the Camp Director.  There are no stores around so natural matierials will have to be made into the gift and it needs to be comperable to gifts others have brought.  What one tool would you most want and what would you make?
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 10:54:46 PM
What sort of gifts did the other's bring?  I'd be most inclined to find someone who brought something nice and offer to pay for it if they would just add my name to the card and say it was from both of us.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: September 03, 2019, 12:09:44 AM
That's just it, you don't know.  The gifts are not given till the Closing Cerimonies on the last day.  :dunno: :dunno:
Dr.  McCoy

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #20 on: September 03, 2019, 12:49:50 AM
A machete or hatchet then and I would go out and find some fat wood and make a bundle of fatwood splits for the director.

england Offline Rathbone

Reply #21 on: September 03, 2019, 06:55:24 PM
I'm going along the same tack. :iagree:

As it's January the best gift would be logs for the fire. I'll take the Gerber Freescape Camp Saw. And that would be a fine pile of logs in 4 days!

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 05:57:39 AM
Since everyone is probably doing something fire related.  I gonna try to think out of the box a little--I will ask for one tool, which happens to be my primary signaling device, the Samsung cell phone, and I gonna go and get the Director a year long subscription of Maxim or Martha Steward Living magazine. 

So the Director could read up on world events, while getting cosy with fire made with the fat wood and logs.

us Offline Douglas

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: September 04, 2019, 06:06:39 AM
 :like:
That's the Spirit  :drink:
Dr.  McCoy

ba Offline Liam

• New User
Reply #24 on: September 04, 2019, 11:15:07 AM
Pffff ... It's so easy. Of course, I would ask him to bring me a portal gun.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #25 on: September 04, 2019, 01:52:22 PM
A Flexcut Craving Jack pocket knife.  Taking a leftover limb from a green tree someone cut down for firewood  :facepalm:, I would carve a walking stick with the Camp Director's dog's head at the top.   :D
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

england Offline Rathbone

Reply #26 on: September 04, 2019, 06:50:22 PM
Emperor Zulblat of The Epsilon Quadrant has designs on you becoming the love-slave of Ezgulch, his eldest six tentacled daughter. You strike up a bargain by which you will be saved this fate if you can produce a bowl of his favourite food.

Hot, smooth, perfectly seasoned mashed potato.

He is providing a sack of potatoes, a saucepan of cold water, a pile of logs and a bowl with butter, salt and pepper.

Fortunately, you never enter your starship's transporter room without packing a...?

Now, get out of that!

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #27 on: September 04, 2019, 10:10:00 PM
Emperor Zulblat of The Epsilon Quadrant has designs on you becoming the love-slave of Ezgulch, his eldest six tentacled daughter. You strike up a bargain by which you will be saved this fate if you can produce a bowl of his favourite food.

Hot, smooth, perfectly seasoned mashed potato.

He is providing a sack of potatoes, a saucepan of cold water, a pile of logs and a bowl with butter, salt and pepper.

Fortunately, you never enter your starship's transporter room without packing a...?

Now, get out of that!
Randall model 18 with fero rod in the handle!

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #28 on: September 05, 2019, 06:03:16 AM
Wait a sec, can I please first have a photo of Ezgulch, before I decide to bail? :pok:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #29 on: September 05, 2019, 01:32:53 PM
Wait a sec, can I please first have a photo of Ezgulch, before I decide to bail? :pok:
I was thinking the same thing. She might be Hot.
So, I'm thinking here that the issue might be getting a fire started so you can make the perfect mashed taters for the emperor.  I'd  want my Swiss Champ. First I'm peeling the potatoes, then I'm scraping or feathering a log for tinder, then I'm using the magnifying lens to start the fire in my tinder pile.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%