Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ozark Trail MULTIFORCE - A Leatherman Inspired Multitool

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Re: Ozark Trail MULTIFORCE - A Leatherman Inspired Multitool
Reply #120 on: February 09, 2021, 12:27:08 AM
HX Outdoors branded one. Satin and black.

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #121 on: February 14, 2021, 12:47:13 PM
Looks like a buyer was not happy.
Bad finishes and turnstiles that break and does not allow fit, seller shipping in time and shape but is multitool completely defrauded

ru Offline KP526

Reply #122 on: April 11, 2021, 03:50:17 AM
Just got one from Walmart today! It seems to be perfect except for the plier tips get caught on the inside tools when closing. It doesn’t seem to cause much of an issue besides scrape it a bit. Otherwise it seems to be a perfect backup multitool.
My Collection: Rebar, Rev, Signal, Swisschamp, EvoS557, SOG PowerAccess :multi:
I ask a lot of questions ???

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #123 on: April 28, 2021, 06:40:30 PM
Looks like the HX branded one has some cutouts in the scales to make it lighter.

Charles.

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Reply #124 on: May 23, 2021, 05:03:00 AM
found a new variant a few days ago. what I like about this one is the added small flat head.

tool3.jpg
* tool3.jpg (Filesize: 76.27 KB)

Offline jdindadell

Reply #125 on: June 17, 2021, 08:41:28 PM
Picked up one of these based on the (resonably) glowing reviews.  I underestand it is a sub 40 dollar tool, so my expectations were based on that.

Straight out of the box the main blade (not the serrated one) was bent, so it was just about impossible to open.  In an attempt to straighten it, it broke.  Yes, I broke the bade with my hands...  To be fair it cracked through the opening hole, which is the weakest area.  Must be cast, or hardened too much (not correctly tempered?)

Also, the scissors did not work, as the spring portion would slip off the moving side when, thus requiring a manual reset.  This happened every time. 

General fit and finish is mediocre, compared to a 30 dollar gerber suspension nxt (picked that up last week) which may be the best value multi tool I have ever handled.

I decided to follow maxlvledc's lead and convert it to a "multi knife"

I swapped the serrated blade in the slot the regular blade was in, kept the saw on the opposite side.  I plan to put the pocket clip (which was also improperly bent out of the box) onto the saw side as I am right handed and would like the serrated blade to fall under my thumb when removing the knife from my right front pocket.

The 3 tools (scissors, flat driver and cap lifter) fit in the pliers slot quite well, however they will need to be slightly re-profiled to work as slip joint tools.  I will post some pics when I get a chance to grind them.  I bent the scissor spring flat and it works correctly now.  Just had to shuffle the washers and all 3 of the tools fit nicely where the pliers head once was.

Overall I am quite happy with this tool, although it remains to be seen how durable the cast bit driver is.  A forged/machined bit driver would be nice, and a welcome upgrade to the wave/charge/surge series.  I know there are some 3d printed parts out there, not sure how I feel about them.  I will add some pics when I get home.

Still, way better than the gerber armbar, which was a total disappointment due to its non-locking driver. 

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #126 on: June 17, 2021, 11:21:07 PM
Picked up one of these based on the (resonably) glowing reviews.  I underestand it is a sub 40 dollar tool, so my expectations were based on that.

Straight out of the box the main blade (not the serrated one) was bent, so it was just about impossible to open.  In an attempt to straighten it, it broke.  Yes, I broke the bade with my hands...  To be fair it cracked through the opening hole, which is the weakest area.  Must be cast, or hardened too much (not correctly tempered?)

Also, the scissors did not work, as the spring portion would slip off the moving side when, thus requiring a manual reset.  This happened every time. 

General fit and finish is mediocre, compared to a 30 dollar gerber suspension nxt (picked that up last week) which may be the best value multi tool I have ever handled.

I decided to follow maxlvledc's lead and convert it to a "multi knife"

I swapped the serrated blade in the slot the regular blade was in, kept the saw on the opposite side.  I plan to put the pocket clip (which was also improperly bent out of the box) onto the saw side as I am right handed and would like the serrated blade to fall under my thumb when removing the knife from my right front pocket.

The 3 tools (scissors, flat driver and cap lifter) fit in the pliers slot quite well, however they will need to be slightly re-profiled to work as slip joint tools.  I will post some pics when I get a chance to grind them.  I bent the scissor spring flat and it works correctly now.  Just had to shuffle the washers and all 3 of the tools fit nicely where the pliers head once was.

Overall I am quite happy with this tool, although it remains to be seen how durable the cast bit driver is.  A forged/machined bit driver would be nice, and a welcome upgrade to the wave/charge/surge series.  I know there are some 3d printed parts out there, not sure how I feel about them.  I will add some pics when I get home.

Still, way better than the gerber armbar, which was a total disappointment due to its non-locking driver. 

Which variation did you get, jdindadell,  I've actually been quite impressed with the Ozark Trail version.
Ps,  I like my Gerber too.  It's the best value on multitools that I have.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Offline jdindadell

Reply #127 on: June 18, 2021, 12:10:44 AM
Which variation did you get, jdindadell,  I've actually been quite impressed with the Ozark Trail version.
Ps,  I like my Gerber too.  It's the best value on multitools that I have.

Mine is a Ozark Trail Multiforce that I got directly from Walmart.

The quality and weight (lack of) on the Gerber NXT was quite surprising to me.  It is a bit bulky but for the price it is very well finished.

I may re-profile the plier head to use it with a spare set of rebar handles that I have left over from an old wave project.  The pivots that interface with the handles need to be flatter, and the pivot enlarged slightly.  The plier head seems to be the best made part of the tool. 

us Online Adam5

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #128 on: August 19, 2021, 11:51:36 AM
Found it with Bibury branding on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/BIBURY-Multitool-Multi-Pliers-Screwdriver-Spring-Action/dp/B08QVP4QY6/

Currently available for $48US, $10US than The Ozark Trail version sold at Walmart. However, the Bibury version has the additional small straight driver.

spam Offline Happy Gilmore

• No Life Club
Reply #129 on: August 31, 2021, 09:10:41 PM
Found it with Bibury branding on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/BIBURY-Multitool-Multi-Pliers-Screwdriver-Spring-Action/dp/B08QVP4QY6/

Currently available for $48US, $10US than The Ozark Trail version sold at Walmart. However, the Bibury version has the additional small straight driver.

Down to $39!!

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #130 on: January 14, 2022, 11:18:10 AM
Check your multi-force bits, guys. Mine was covered with rust. :o

00 Offline Swiss Reformer

Reply #131 on: June 17, 2023, 11:02:26 PM
Just picked up an Ozark Trail Multiforce, out of curiosity.  I have to say, I am much more impressed with it than I thought I would be.  If it's tool set appeals to your needs, I highly recommend trying it out.  Whether you purchase from a Walmart store or from Amazon, returns are easy if you decide it is not for you. 

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #132 on: June 18, 2023, 12:35:35 AM
It's getting hard to find any Ozark Trail knives at the Walmarts around here.  Not sure why either.  They were apparently good sellers for them and everyone was always on the lookout for the new offerings that would show up in November.  Last time I was in the nearest store, the ONLY OT knives/tools were 2 multiforces.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD