Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

USB rechargeable flashlights for 2019

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
on: October 29, 2019, 01:38:31 PM
Here's something I found, you might like it:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Re: USB rechargeable flashlights for 2019
Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 06:33:07 PM
Thanks! I have a Nitecore TUP and my favorite, my Thrunite T1 that are rechargeable. It is a nice option to have. The advantage to these...like my T1 is that they have a removable battery so you can also have another battery topped off if the situation calls for an immediate change out.
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 06:53:58 PM
Thanks for sharing. 

I usually prefer using rechargeable batteries rather than built in recharging, so that if needed I can swap the battery and still use the light rather than wait for it to recharge, especially now with such small portable rechargers.

I did have to look a couple of them up.  The Fenix PD36R and Jetbeam KO-02 look most interesting to me.

While in the Navy, I carried and used a Fenix light for several years.  It took a lot of abuse and never let me down, so I trust them.  I also like that the 21700 battery is a standard battery that could be replaced or also charged outside the light.

The Jetbeam light not only uses a standard 21700 battery, but is also compatible with other standard batteries like 18650 of which I have several.

The Skillhunt light sounds good with the capability to accept AA as well, but I am skeptical with its claim of 750 lumen.

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Re: USB rechargeable flashlights for 2019
Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 10:56:08 PM
I ordered and received a NekTeck 21W solar charger and a Basen 2 port smart charger. The charger can plug into the wall or charge via mini usb so that I can run it off my solar panel. Another advantage is that the charger has a usb output port so in a pinch, I can use my charged flashlight batteries to charge my phone. This setup should allow me to keep the lights on through the night when camping. I usually keep my phone off unless needed, but it will allow me to charge it in emergencies.
Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%