Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Ever get one of those days where you can't seem to do wrong?

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Today, I took the better half and the grand-kid for another trip to Elliot Lake. On a previous visit to Manitoulin Island, I stopped at a flea market in Serpent River on highway 17. At that time, I bought a Winchester Gentlemen's Kit...which I thought was rather cool. However, I noted something far more interesting...and that was a slot machine. Now, I already own a Pachinko machine that I bought a decade ago. I had always wanted a slot machine to go with it. I asked him if it was for sale, and he said yes. I then asked him for how much...wincing when I did. He told me a very very good price. I left with serious regret because I didn't have the cash on me at the time. I decided this morning to head back down, and make a day of it with the grand-kid. Serpent River is a bit further than the Elliot Lake turnoff, but I really wanted to see if he still had that slot machine. Sure enough, he still had it...and I couldn't believe he hadn't already sold it. I guess being in the middle of nowhere was beneficial for me. After he showed me that everything is working good, I asked him what the price is...and he quoted me a cheaper price than what he said last time. SOLD! 

Here are some preliminary photos. I still need to clean it up a bit.

Include are around 400 tokens. Looks like I will have a bit of fun checking these out as it would appear I got a very nice assortment of them.

The plan is to clean up one of the upstairs rooms, and make it into a gaming man cave room. Got a Pachinko machine, now this one, and also the retro pie systems as well as the Pandora box arcade that I have. I might try to build a bar top arcade down the road. So that is the grand plan. Might take a while to clean the upper room, etc.

After that, we ended up in Elliot Lake. I got to exploring a few different roads in their downtown area and ended up in a small side road with 3 cool looking stores. One was a high class looking clothing store. Its neighbour was a Salvation Army type store with all proceeds going to the local animal shelter, and the other appeared to be a used thrift type store. It was sufficiently interesting for me to stop and take a look. I almost didn't go into the expensive clothing shop...but we figured might as well. At the far back of the store, I found a few walking sticks. As I am thinking that these are nice if a bit steep, the proprietor placed sale sign on the stand. Everything on sale...10 dollars a piece. I asked her even these two more expensive ones? She told me that the local artist who made them wanted them cleared before winter, and yes...all for 10 bucks each. I ended up buying the 2 nicest for my collection. What are the odds of that?

The two front ones with their cardboard tickets still on them.

On our way back to the Sault, I decided that I should stop at Bruce Mine's antique shops...seeing I was  having a stellar day so far. I figured it couldn't  hurt. I saw an outside vendor, and wouldn't you know, he was selling knives and swords. I looked at his wares and didn't see anything that was all that good. as I was about to leave, he tells me there is one more item and he pulls out an Indian Kukri. He shows me the blade, and tells me what he is asking for it. I asked him if that was really the price...he said yes, 30 dollars would do it.. I couldn't believe my luck today. I should go out and buy a lottery ticket later tonight.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 12:48:59 AM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Ever get one of those days where you can't seem to do wrong?
Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 12:44:35 AM
Good day of shopping :like:

Sent fra min FRD-L09 via Tapatalk

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: September 08, 2019, 01:57:21 AM
Absolutely.  :D

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: September 08, 2019, 01:58:34 AM
Some photos of the internals prior to cleaning.

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 04:59:20 AM
"When you're hot you're hot" 

Seems like you had a great time :)
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: September 08, 2019, 05:55:08 AM
Yes, today was a good day.

Here are a few test photos after I cleaned the unit up a little.

3 drums a spinning.

The light show.

The first time this came on...I was a bit startled. I wasn't expecting the top to light up as well.

From what I understand, you press that small left red button to get the counter running. You can then feed the machine as many coins that you want. You can also play without using this, but it will only accept 3 coins max this way. The left hand counter will keep track of all your coins. There are 3 red rectangular buttons on the left deck. The larger one is a max bet of 3 coins. The other two will either allow you to bet 1 or 2 coins. Once you make your bet, you then shift the black knob up or down. This will activate the drums to spin. You then press the front black buttons to stop each drum. Based on what you get, you can get a pay out, a free turn, or nothing at all. I am sure there is more at play here. I can see from one of the stickers that you also get 3 layers of images on the drum to form either a straight line or an X. The top lit up only once...and I haven't as yet figured out what caused it to do so other than possibly I got something interesting on the drums. Yeah, messing around with it for around 15 minutes tells me that there is more I will need to discover. I can now gamble...but not really gamble. This is a fun machine, and I am sure it will get better once I open up its secrets. There are other stickers on the machine itself that tell me what I should be aiming for. I am very happy with my purchase.

Got to love the built in left side ashtray these machines always seem to have. My Pachinko machine has one, and this one has it also.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 06:23:20 AM
Congrats.  Its nice when you pop in stores and find cool stuff.  Glad they still had the machine and better yet it was less than you thought.   
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 12:32:21 PM
 :tu:

ca Offline Greg Jones

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 04:50:55 PM
Great day indeed  :hatsoff:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69