LEATHERMAN SURGE MODS
« on: September 11, 2019, 02:54:41 AM »
This week my brand new leather man surge has arrived. I’m new here and I have a few questions.
Just for a bit of reference, I work in an Australian coal mine as a fitter, and we’re a little rough on the gear here.
1. There is nowhere on the surge to use the eyeglass bit, what have people done about it?
2. Has anyone got some pictures of a sheath that fits the leather man, both bit kits and an extension?
I was thinking leather, and horizontal mount with the opening on the top (the long side)
3. If the all in one sheath is too bulky, has anyone made a “plate” to hold two bit kits, an extension, the spare file / saw, tweezers, a pick, and maybe other little things? Around credit card or notebook size to fit in the top pocket of a work shirt.
4. Has anyone found a space to fit tweezers on the tool itself? Maybe a toothpick as well.
5. Has anyone fitted a hammer / clip from a MUT to a SURGE? What were the steps to fitting and is it possible to source just the hammer?
6. What other attachments have you guys fitted to the exchangeable file / saw holder?
I’m pretty keen to see other people’s mods, just post some photos below, even if they don’t relate!!
Thanks for the help!!