Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

9-11

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
9-11
on: September 12, 2019, 04:33:04 AM
Lets not forget the magnitude and all affected by events 18 years ago!
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: 9-11
Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 05:41:01 AM
Amen!
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 06:10:48 AM
Angels and ministers of grace defend us.

Good on you, ToolJoe, for posting this. I am having a hard time understanding how nobody posted about it sooner - the day being almost over.

I remember - and hope I always will - exactly where I was and what I was doing that day. It is seared in my mind. Not the way war medal ceremonies are supposedly seared in Joe Biden's mind, either. I had been on assignment to some John Hancock personnel in Boston and we had every concern that the tallest building in Boston could be hit, as they had just been in NYC...I vividly remember watching those buildings fall and the roar of fighter jets screaming across the otherwise empty sky all night.

Prior to that day, I remember driving across my little town to buy pumpkins and other produce from the idyllic little mom and pop Ogonowski farm. After that day, they never really opened that farm to the public again. I elected to drive by it every day on the way to the highway, despite having three possible routes. It is a beautiful little farm. A white farmhouse connected to a large barn by a gaping breezeway, nestled between rolling hills in what used to be an area also laden with apple orchards...

Every name of every victim was read aloud by selected family members at Ground Zero today, and kudos to the man who also used that opportunity to spell out exactly what "some people did something..."

I work in an office where I am the oldest, and I'm not quite 50 years of age. The youngest is a full 25 years younger than me. It is unsettling the ease with which many of the those younger will scoff at the idea of "having to attend" a memorial service for this. To counter act their self-imposed, "hip cynicism",  I cast the live memorial service and name-reading on the office flat screen between 8:30am and 10:40am. They need to know.

God Bless the United States of America.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2019, 07:12:48 AM by ThundahBeagle »

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 03:13:17 PM
 :salute:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

00 Offline Dutch_Tooler

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 03:41:25 PM
When I was in NYC week before last I took the opportunity if visiting the 9/11 Memorial Museum. Truly impressive for many reasons including the internal architecture (saying more would be a spoiler). Spent more than the two hours I planned, and could easily have doubled that for the sheer number of exhibits and amount of information given (including a timeline of the various attacks and a lot of information gathered about the preparations). Something you should really make sure to schedule in if you haven't already been there.
Cheers!
Dutch_Tooler

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 03:56:12 PM
 :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 05:37:31 PM
I was in Pennsylvania on a job site, it was a Hilton gardens inn, of course I’m running the plumbing crew, and all of a sudden my wife calls me saying what had happened since she was home watching tv with the kid, at first I said it’s probably just something little or some bs to get attention, so I hung up, one of my coworkers said the same, then she called back saying it happened again, then all the crews radios went quiet, the electrical, carpentry’s, ours, everyone’s listening to diff stations and all the news started to spill out, here’s a huge hotel being built with at least 40-50 workers all standing still in shock, not a tool was running it was so quiet cause no one could believe what was going on, but everyone tried to go back to work but ever so quiet so the can keep up with all info off the radio, I believe one crew did end up going home, but then we noticed something, when we took our break there wasn’t a freaking plane in the air, normally there was one every 30 sec because there was an airport close by, the radio said all flights had been grounded, so you knew this wasn’t a joke especially when fighter jets ripped right over our worksite very low, low enough the hotel shook like holy crap!
   The Mrs so wanted me home, but unfortunately I couldn’t I was the one in charge, that and we all gathered at the office, jumped in the big crew cab truck and drove down, thus you didn’t have to pay for the gas of the hour trip down and back to the job site and the boss got stuck paying for the gas of one truck! But I do remember leaving site, she called me saying to be careful, and when I got home I got the biggest hug as the kid played on the floor.
  And a few years after I found this hat, it’s been my pride to wear everyday except on too hot / cold days then I had to get a new one, but the same thing, yet it’s looking to be be wearing out of color,,
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%