Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Does anyone here fix watches?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Does anyone here fix watches?
on: September 18, 2019, 11:49:18 AM
I have a few Swiss Army watches that I love, but none of them seem to work properly.  One randomly stops and starts and can't keep time as a result, one suffered a battery related incident and the other, well, I bought it cheap at a yard sale, put a new battery in and it worked for three seconds then died.

Ideally I would like to put a fresh movement in each, but it has been a while since I did any of this kind of stuff (think pre-internet days), so I'd be happy to farm them out to someone else of anyone would be interested in taking a whack at them.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Nix

• Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Does anyone here fix watches?
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2019, 03:02:02 PM
Sorry, Def, I just break 'em.  :facepalm:

(but, they are then right twice a day......)

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 22, 2019, 03:01:04 AM
Does Vic cover these older "Swiss Army" watches under warranty?   

On another note, that reminds me. I've got to get my Vic Garrison to either my jeweler (the father of one of my fellow Scouts when I was in the BSA; and he is a Citizen dealer, and I figure he is more used to dealing with watches on a regular basis) or my Granddad's jeweler (actually the guy who has been the mayor of my town for oh, 40 odd years; but really doesn't deal with watches these days) to replace the battery; and order a new band since my jeweler charges $30; when the NATO bands from CountyComm are like $15; and get him to put the band on as well. The weird thing with that watch is that it is screw-back.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: September 22, 2019, 12:20:47 PM
I doubt Victornox will cover them under warranty, but I imagine they would be happy to fix them for a fee.  I figured if anyone here would rather make a few dollars, I'd rather pay a member than Victorinox or my local jeweller.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%