Multitool.org

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Whats the oddest, neatest, coolest item you carry. 3913

No Life Club Posts: 1,942
Re: Whats the oddest, neatest, coolest item you carry.
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2019, 01:56:49 AM »
I’m not sure it is odd but a 3ml vial of Benadryl gel and a single use tube of super glue.  Both came in handy on my recent trip, to include most of the other items in my pocket organizer.
Thread Killer 2017 Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 5,922 Born to multitask.
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2019, 04:09:25 PM »
What a great thread! :like:

I carry a picture of an Austrian family.
I was a waiter and we got talking. I mentioned I collected coins and they asked for my address. A few months later, I received some Austrian coins (before the Euro) from them. :cheers:
Since then, which is probably twenty years, I carry their letter, photo and a stub from the envelope in my wallet.

More edc related, but not stuff most people carry:
An assortment of nuts and bolts, hook screws, wood screws, paper clips, binder clips, nal clips, safety pins, twisty ties, zipties, buttons, fishing hooks, cord stoppers, and other bits and bobs, all in a mint tin.

Also, a blackhead popper, a shoehorn, a toothbrush, inter-dental brushes, dental floss, plastic cutlery, resealable peanut bags (empty), two massive ziplock bags, chopsticks, a box handle, drinking straws, shopping bags, card stock, nutmeg begleri, WD-40, jumbo protractor, belt keepers, candles, empty gum box.

:cheers:
Global Moderator Zombie Apprentice Posts: 19,349
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2019, 04:13:32 PM »
I’m not sure it is odd but a 3ml vial of Benadryl gel and a single use tube of super glue.  Both came in handy on my recent trip, to include most of the other items in my pocket organizer.

Certainly qualified in my opinion.  Thanks for participating.  I always find it super fascinating what people carry other than "essentials" or how they carry essentials like in your case. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 04:23:07 PM by Aloha »

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2019, 04:22:55 PM »
Neat story and items RP.  Thank you.  Its interesting what we have in our possessions, the why, and related reasonings are all things I find fascinating.     

Esse Quam Videri
No Life Club Posts: 1,178
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2019, 05:16:23 AM »
Not terribly odd, neat, or cool, maybe, but perhaps somewhat less common items that I carry are a pair of Uncle Bill's Sliver Grippers/A.G. Russell Field Tweezers, and a Tick Key.
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2019, 05:52:08 AM »
Everyday?  I'd say it would be a bit odd if you carry a tick key in an urban environment  :think:, different at least. 

Esse Quam Videri
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 24,026 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2019, 05:29:16 PM »
I made these two larger ones a while back just using a simple 2” cotter pin / split pin, I carried these on a keychain but then over time stopped cause they were a little big,

Then about a year ago we were waking over to the store and I saw a bolt just laying on the ground, at first we past it but then I came up with the idea while in the store so I hoped it would still be there, and well it was, so I grabbed it, the Mrs is like can’t you just leave anything alone? I filed the threads off to make the bolt as narrow as possible to allow as much tape, then fastened the two nuts tight against each other and made a simple dome like thingy to put on the  keychain, now there’s only about 18” of gorilla duct tape unlike about 4’ in that other pic, but you don’t know it’s there and it has come in handy twice!
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
No Life Club Posts: 1,178
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2019, 01:50:53 AM »
Everyday?  I'd say it would be a bit odd if you carry a tick key in an urban environment  :think:, different at least.

It's rare that I get to a truly urban environment.  Mostly suburbs and rural areas/woods.  But yes, I carry it every day.  I just keep it on my keys; it's not much bigger than a key, and is probably lighter. 
Zombie Apprentice Posts: 16,219
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2019, 01:58:53 AM »
It's rare that I get to a truly urban environment.  Mostly suburbs and rural areas/woods.  But yes, I carry it every day.  I just keep it on my keys; it's not much bigger than a key, and is probably lighter.
Mine is in my pouch that goes with me when hiking in the woods. They do work great! Used mine a couple of times  :facepalm:
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2019, 06:53:47 AM »
@ Nate, Pretty interesting.   :tu:

Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2019, 06:55:20 AM »
@MadP, that for sure is neat.  I used to pick up anything shiny on the ground.  I'd come home with random things all the time. 

Esse Quam Videri
Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 24,026 Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2019, 04:46:43 PM »
@MadP, that for sure is neat.  I used to pick up anything shiny on the ground.  I'd come home with random things all the time.
One other time I saw something but didn’t pick it up, I thought it was just a nickel, yet I got mad and when we walked back my eyes were open and I found it, in which I did, come to find out it was a bridge token!
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
November Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: $636.94
PayPal Fees: $35.83
Net Balance: $601.11
Above Goal: $301.11