Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK STACK 30 days challenge 2020 for Swisschamp, Cybertool & Toolchest

comis · 1431 · 27891

us Online Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Slightly late, but here's my contribution to day 25.

Day 25
I opened a resealable bag of tobacco with the scissors.
SAK stack 2020 25.JPG
* SAK stack 2020 25.JPG (Filesize: 84.09 KB)

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Day 25.  While the back scale chipped  right before the challenge, the front scale on my SC broke sometime before today.

How did it happen, Cody? Haven't had an issue with scales since I got back into SAKs last year, guess I was lucky not to drop any of them (yet)

za Offline Max Stone

Day 26

XLT helped fix my slipper that had come lose at the back seam. Awl was perfect for the job.  :salute:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Slightly late, but here's my contribution to day 25.

Day 25
I opened a resealable bag of tobacco with the scissors.
Nice use! :cheers:

Day 26

XLT helped fix my slipper that had come lose at the back seam. Awl was perfect for the job.  :salute:
I have used the awl for various stuff, but I don't think I'd ever try using it on leather, where it supposed to be used.  I always wonder wouldn't it make too big a hole and make the stitching looks funny? :think:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Day 26

A little TLC for my Swisschamp today.  As a knife enthusiast, I am used to seeing people talking silly about Vic steel, and everyone nowadays are raving about steel that has crazy edge retention.  But for the balance between value, performance and maintenance, I would argue it's hard to find a better steel than this.  In literally less than a minute, the edge is back to hair popping sharpness.

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Day 26

I wonder whether the black scales are a good fit for the CT on account of their matching the black bits and bit holder,  or if they are making the whole thing look too bleak? What do you guys think?
20200426_115150_copy_2016x1512.jpg
* 20200426_115150_copy_2016x1512.jpg (Filesize: 157.27 KB)
20200426_115222_copy_1612x1209.jpg
* 20200426_115222_copy_1612x1209.jpg (Filesize: 172.19 KB)

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Day 26

A little TLC for my Swisschamp today.  As a knife enthusiast, I am used to seeing people talking silly about Vic steel, and everyone nowadays are raving about steel that has crazy edge retention.  But for the balance between value, performance and maintenance, I would argue it's hard to find a better steel than this.  In literally less than a minute, the edge is back to hair popping sharpness.

(Image removed from quote.)

:iagree: I guess it's part of the hobby for some (edit: myself included, but only within the realm of SAKs) to always look for allegedly better alternatives. And if it makes people happy, why not? As long as other opinions are appreciated as well, or at least accepted, that's just fine with me.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 12:58:35 PM by Simon_Templar »

us Online Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
I think the black scales look good. :cheers:

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Day 26

I wonder whether the black scales are a good fit for the CT on account of their matching the black bits and bit holder,  or if they are making the whole thing look too bleak? What do you guys think?
It really is "beauty is in the eyes of beholder", it really doesn't matter what I like, so as long it makes you smile.  :D

:iagree: I guess it's part of the hobby for some to always look for allegedly better alternatives. And if it makes people happy, why not? As long as other opinions are appreciated as well, or at least accepted, that's just fine with me.
That really is my motto going into this 'knife' hobby, mind not what other says, so as long it makes you happy.  :cheers:

Btw, today is last Swisschamp Sunday within the challenge, so please do feel free to post over in this thread as well! :cheers:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 12:47:44 PM by comis »

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Day 26

Looks good to me!

Day 26

SC’s little blade opens some baby Jersey Royals - the first of the year, can’t wait till lunch!

be Offline Ivo

• No Life Club
DAY 26

WENGER all the way   :hatsoff:
DAY26-WENGERs.jpg
* DAY26-WENGERs.jpg (Filesize: 223.38 KB)
The Vikings say "when your battle axe is to short do one step forward"

gb Offline Wspeed

• Just Bananas
Excellent challenge everyone  :cheers: :like:
fail to prepare prepare to fail

za Offline Max Stone

Nice use! :cheers:

I have used the awl for various stuff, but I don't think I'd ever try using it on leather, where it supposed to be used.  I always wonder wouldn't it make too big a hole and make the stitching looks funny? :think:
Hi comis, these holes were quite large so the awl was ok for this job. I think it’s ok for basic work with a thick cord. But not for detailed sewing.  :cheers:
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Looks good to me!

Day 26

SC’s little blade opens some baby Jersey Royals - the first of the year, can’t wait till lunch!

Looks good! :drool:

DAY 26

WENGER all the way   :hatsoff:
Another set of Wenger, that's impressive! :tu:

Excellent challenge everyone  :cheers: :like:
:iagree:

Hi comis, these holes were quite large so the awl was ok for this job. I think it’s ok for basic work with a thick cord. But not for detailed sewing.  :cheers:
:cheers: :D

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Folks, since Nix is kind enough to mail out the magnets to our US participants, and I will be sending out to all non-US based participants after the challenge, right now I have sorted out the current participants based on your avatar country flag, if you have moved since then or it was mislabeled, please feel free to correct me.   Thanks in advance!   :cheers:

Sos24                       US
Antti Lammi     FI
Ivo                           BE
Ulzhan             Germany
Rizio Il Ghiro              UK
ElevenBlade     US
CraftsmanSAK           US
Simon_Templar  (Simon, I'm missing yours here)
Max Stone        ZA
SirVicaLot                  US
Alan K.             US
cody6268                   US
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 06:32:13 PM by comis »

be Offline Ivo

• No Life Club
Hi comis, not Germany but Belgium  :hatsoff:
Both flags have the same colors but in other direction and other order.
The Vikings say "when your battle axe is to short do one step forward"

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Hi comis, not Germany but Belgium  :hatsoff:
Both flags have the same colors but in other direction and other order.
Yikes, totally my bad and forgive my ignorance! :dwts:  I was in touch in Mechanical a while ago, and IIRC, regarding some bid in Germany.  And I remembered you guys hung out too, somehow I totally mistaken both of you are from Germany! :facepalm:   This is so embarrassing, the list have since corrected.  Thank you for the reminder!

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Day 26

Good use :hatsoff:

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Folks, since Nix is kind enough to mail out the magnets to our US participants, and I will be sending out to all non-US based participants after the challenge, right now I have sorted out the current participants based on your avatar country flag, if you have moved since then or it was mislabeled, please feel free to correct me.   Thanks in advance!   :cheers:

Sos24                       US
Antti Lammi     FI
Ivo                           BE
Ulzhan             Germany
Rizio Il Ghiro              UK
ElevenBlade     US
CraftsmanSAK           US
Simon_Templar  (Simon, I'm missing yours here)
Max Stone        ZA
SirVicaLot                  US
Alan K.             US
cody6268                   US

Germany, same as Ulzhan

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Yikes, totally my bad and forgive my ignorance! :dwts:  I was in touch in Mechanical a while ago, and IIRC, regarding some bid in Germany.  And I remembered you guys hung out too, somehow I totally mistaken both of you are from Germany! :facepalm:   This is so embarrassing, the list have since corrected.  Thank you for the reminder!

Typical US American mistake, haha. Just send everything to Europe, World  :rofl:

us Online Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Day 26
Wow, has the weather just taken a turn. I got this shot just in time as it has gotten very dark and windy in just the last few minutes and my weather radios are all showing a severe thunderstorm warning. I was playing with the magnifying glass today. I really like having it for reading the small print on my medication bottles, but today it was flowers.
SAK stack 2020 26.JPG
* SAK stack 2020 26.JPG (Filesize: 99.37 KB)

de Offline ulzhan

• No Life Club
  • The Spirit of Central Asia
Day 26

All screwdrivers on this XLT are magnetized. Have a magnet from an old hard disk for this purpose.
IMG_20200426_200939-01.jpeg
* IMG_20200426_200939-01.jpeg (Filesize: 109.38 KB)

us Offline CraftsmanSAK

• Bought a Trekker for work and the collection began
Day 26

All screwdrivers on this XLT are magnetized. Have a magnet from an old hard disk for this purpose.
I keep a neodymium on my bench just for that purpose.  Sure helps when holding one steady as you start, or keeping a hold on one when removing it.   :tu:
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.   However... there is a dead guy here with a Bic in his hand and a Samurai walking away.

us Offline CraftsmanSAK

• Bought a Trekker for work and the collection began
DAY 26

Super dense fog, rain, boredom, brew...   but I did find a t-shank jigsaw blade I would like to put in with my Surge so I used the file on my SC to thin the shank for a perfect fit.   
SAKSTACKDay26b.JPG
* SAKSTACKDay26b.JPG (Filesize: 121.01 KB)
SAKSTACKDay26.JPG
* SAKSTACKDay26.JPG (Filesize: 74.56 KB)
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.   However... there is a dead guy here with a Bic in his hand and a Samurai walking away.

de Offline ulzhan

• No Life Club
I keep a neodymium on my bench just for that purpose.  Sure helps when holding one steady as you start, or keeping a hold on one when removing it.   :tu:

It's much easier, especially with very small screws.

de Offline ulzhan

• No Life Club
Bonus Pic:

A Swiss Army. XLT and two friends.
IMG_20200426_215937-01.jpeg
* IMG_20200426_215937-01.jpeg (Filesize: 147.25 KB)

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Bonus Pic:

A Swiss Army. XLT and two friends.

But whom are they kidding? You're a XLT guy through and through

ua Offline in_sympathy

• No Life Club
DAY 26

Super dense fog, rain, boredom, brew...   but I did find a t-shank jigsaw blade I would like to put in with my Surge so I used the file on my SC to thin the shank for a perfect fit.
Well done, buddy love the file on a SAK - seems to progress much quicker than the LM on my Wave
Dream. Wish. Leave nothing undone. Repeat.

de Offline ulzhan

• No Life Club
But whom are they kidding? You're a XLT guy through and through

That's true. That XLT will always be there when I need it.

But I understand why you like the CT 34. Smaller and less weight. Tomorrow I'll take a CT 34 with me when I go to work. That should be enough for the day.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%