Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The other "Gotta EDC"

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: The other "Gotta EDC"
Reply #30 on: October 18, 2019, 05:53:59 AM
 :tu: pretty cool.
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #31 on: October 18, 2019, 03:42:52 PM
i can cut down on half the things to carry with just one thing.

Hobi plus modular flashlight/lighter/storage.
Now that is cool...I don’t smoke, so money instead!  :cheers:

us Offline spudley112

• Did you know Uranus has 22 moons?!?
Reply #32 on: October 19, 2019, 02:28:00 AM
I bought this bag for about $6. I am going to throw together a couple of these as "throw in the car or bike" EDC bags. I saw one at the store I am going to pick up tomorrow also. It is a soft sided case about the size of a cell phone case and has a couple of small pockets. I thought it would be a perfect item to throw on my belt that would have some EDC items...without taking up pocket space.

I am going through items in this post and Aloha's off day carry post for ideas about items to throw into the bag. Of course that can quickly become a "I need a backpack" type of situation, so I have trying to keep it simple. So far I threw in a rechargeable flashlight and an aaa flashlight as well, a Vic Minichamp, pen, notepad, USB cable, spare batteries and a couple of bandages. Maybe I will call in my NNTBOB (No Need To Bug Out Bag). haha. It is a work in progress.

Rather mundane quote entered here to approximate humor.

gb Offline MrMckay

Reply #33 on: October 20, 2019, 06:34:45 AM
Small torch-nitecore tube
Safety pins and a Bobby pin in my wallet,along with a couple plasters

Always have a pen of some sort. Fisher bullet usually. Or a parker jotter etc.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

us Offline charlie fox

Reply #34 on: October 22, 2019, 02:39:46 AM
These items are squirreled away either on body or within my reach, lunge or grasp daily. As an old Boy Scout, I like to Be Prepared...
"Never pick a fight with an old man. If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you."

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #35 on: October 22, 2019, 03:03:13 AM
These items are squirreled away either on body or within my reach, lunge or grasp daily. As an old Boy Scout, I like to Be Prepared...
As do I  :cheers:

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: October 22, 2019, 04:57:43 AM
Alright Sos, I had bandaids for some odd reason in my pocket. Last weekend setting up deer stands my friend diced his finger open and Ah ha! Band aid! Maybe I should keep a few in the wallet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awlways know if the juice is worth the squeeze.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #37 on: October 22, 2019, 01:31:43 PM

Lockpicks?! What kind of scout patrol were you in?!

??? ???

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline spudley112

Reply #38 on: October 22, 2019, 02:32:32 PM
Lockpicks?! What kind of scout patrol were you in?!

??? ???

I saw that too...but I was all like, "Hey, I ain't judgin'!"

us Offline Sos24

• Absolutely No Life Club
The other "Gotta EDC"
Reply #39 on: October 22, 2019, 08:32:51 PM
Alright Sos, I had bandaids for some odd reason in my pocket. Last weekend setting up deer stands my friend diced his finger open and Ah ha! Band aid! Maybe I should keep a few in the wallet!

:tu:  That is how it starts.  You either use something you have on you or need something you don’t, then start carrying it.  It was similar for how I started carrying steri-strips.  I doctor had given me some and I had just put them in a coat pocket.  I was in a bar when a glass broke cutting bartender’s hand.  Those steri-strips came in handy closing the cut and stopping the bleeding.  I made sure I replaced them a couple days later.

Before I started carrying a pocket organizer, I also did the few items in the wallet.  Here was mine at about the size of 2 credit cards

The tape is wrapped around the Ohto minimo pen’s holder and has a couple safety pins under the lip.

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #40 on: October 22, 2019, 08:47:21 PM
:tu:  That is how it starts.  You either use something you have on you or need something you don’t, then start carrying it.  It was similar for how I started carrying steri-strips.  I doctor had given me some and I had just put them in a coat pocket.  I was in a bar when a glass broke cutting bartender’s hand.  Those steri-strips came in handy closing the cut and stopping the bleeding.  I made sure I replaced them a couple days later.

Before I started carrying a pocket organizer, I also did the few items in the wallet.  Here was mine at about the size of 2 credit cards
(Image removed from quote.)

The tape is wrapped around the Ohto minimo pen’s holder and has a couple safety pins under the lip.

And MUCH more useful than two credit cards in my opinion!

us Offline spudley112

Reply #41 on: October 31, 2019, 03:34:06 PM
Lately I have been on the prowl for a set of perfect flashlights. I say set because, like so many other tools, I rarely find that there is a one size fits all type tool that does every job perfectly.

The light that has been with me the most lately is my Thrunite T1. Super bright (flood type light rather than thrown light) but it has settings at the lower end that give usable light for a very long time.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #42 on: October 31, 2019, 04:12:53 PM
Lights like our other gear is better in two's  ;).  I find one AAA light and AA or other powered light are great compliments.  I use the smaller one for things closer and the more powerful light for further viewing.  I was up in the attic with my termite guy and my Zebra light was awesome.  I also used my S1R when I wanted a blast of light which I carried up there for that exact reason.  While I contradict myself a bit with AAA and AA/other power my thought of 2 lights still stands. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Sos24

The other "Gotta EDC"
Reply #43 on: October 31, 2019, 07:32:51 PM
The perfect flashlight(s) really depend on the environment you are in and what you want them to be able to do.

For me, my close to perfect pair is an HDS Rotary with 325nlt and a Jetbeam Mini1 with HCri emitter.

The HDS gives me a good quality light that  has good throw, a moonlight mode, and a long runtime.  The Mini1 gives me good color rendering in a small package.

The combination will probably change to an HDS HCri (200lumen) and FourSevens Mini once Dark Sucks releases the keychain adapter for the Mini.  This would give me both flashlights using the same battery and higher overall lumens.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 07:54:46 PM by Sos24 »

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #44 on: October 31, 2019, 07:48:51 PM
 :tu:
Esse Quam Videri

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #45 on: October 31, 2019, 07:58:24 PM
NNTBOB (No Need To Bug Out Bag)  :like:

Bandaids are cool!  And depending on your lifestyle, maybe some of the following could be of use:

1) Thick drum liner/transparent trash bag(personally, a better alternative to mylar space blanket)
2) Tissue paper
3) Spare money (like 20 or a 50)
4) Spare cell phone battery
5) Few quarters
6) Tourniquet kit(for those whom like to play with sharps in the woods, or EDC a gun)
7) Duct tape(Rambo bandaid, shoe fix, etc)
 8) MT with pliers(if it's in car or bike, may come in handy)
9) Steri strip
10) Moleskin
11) Alcohol wipes
12) Lighter
Once you got a bag and let the forum knows, it will just keep growing beyond reason... :facepalm: :D

us Offline spudley112

Reply #46 on: October 31, 2019, 08:36:53 PM
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,83139.0.html

My EDC bag will be evolving. I have another bag the same size as the one in the attached post, that is a black snakeskin pattern that will be here in a couple of days. I will set up another EDC bag and start working on refining the contents. The folks here definitely have given me a ton of ideas on items to carry.

The idea of the EDC bag is not necessarily to ALWAYS wear it on my belt, but rather have it nearby (car or bike) when needed. I added the VIC Executive so that I have a smaller SAK to switch to if I am going somewhere that the Huntsman might draw attention. In the second bag, I am going with a MiniChamp as a secondary knife.

I have a couple of pocket survival kits put together in small Otterbox containers that are more geared to wilderness survival.

us Offline spudley112

Reply #47 on: October 31, 2019, 08:38:28 PM
I thought about also adding a small tape measure or even a rolled up cloth measuring tape. There have been times that I have wished I had one on me when buying furniture and other similar items.

us Offline edc yes

Reply #48 on: November 02, 2019, 05:35:44 AM
NNTBOB (No Need To Bug Out Bag)  :like:

Bandaids are cool!  And depending on your lifestyle, maybe some of the following could be of use:

...[(edited, see original)]...

Once you got a bag and let the forum knows, it will just keep growing beyond reason... :facepalm: :D

:like: I like to carry water for rinsing or washing just in case..
-Craftsman/Sheffield box cutter, color of the day
-NXT700 (700/NXT hybrid)
-The year before last year's portable electronic interface (holster modded)
-Mountainsmith Day Pack, mildly modded

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #49 on: November 02, 2019, 08:50:27 AM
I thought about also adding a small tape measure or even a rolled up cloth measuring tape. There have been times that I have wished I had one on me when buying furniture and other similar items.

Don't know whether you are close to an Ikea, but I remembered they would hand out almost 1m long paper ruler which you could keep.  Just don't throw them away, and they do come in handy sometime!

Offline stugumby

Reply #50 on: November 02, 2019, 05:57:25 PM
My workplace dosnt allow us security guards to carry a back pack, so i carry a humungus lunch box the size of a cooler. stuffed full of gotta haves, boker mini bar, boker cop tool, maxpedition edc fatty stuffed with goodies etc.

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #51 on: November 02, 2019, 10:00:41 PM
Nice improvised carry!  :tu:

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #52 on: November 03, 2019, 03:35:45 PM
 :iagree:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #53 on: November 10, 2019, 02:48:06 AM
I've recently added a Fisher space pen and graph paper field notes to my EDC :cheers:

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #54 on: November 10, 2019, 02:49:18 AM
Nice! I like the Fisher pens!  :tu:

us Offline BClogic

• No Life Club
Reply #55 on: November 10, 2019, 03:05:09 AM
Nice! I like the Fisher pens!  :tu:
Me too, its nifty :cheers: :salute:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #56 on: November 12, 2019, 07:01:02 PM
My workplace dosnt allow us security guards to carry a back pack, so i carry a humungus lunch box the size of a cooler. stuffed full of gotta haves, boker mini bar, boker cop tool, maxpedition edc fatty stuffed with goodies etc.

Do they let you drink at work?!

:pok: :pok:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline spudley112

Reply #57 on: November 12, 2019, 07:28:34 PM

I like to go places that don't allow backpacks while wearing one. I just run some tubing from the backpack and run the tube down my shirt. When they say I have to take it off, I am like, "Dude, the machine in this backpack is the only thing keeping me alive!" The apologies are hilarious.

Really though, I can be a bit of a butt. Before my eye surgery, when I still wore glasses, I had a pair of prescription sunglasses made and the next day I wore them to work. My boss at the time came over and told me to "lose the shades." I said, "I can't, the are prescribed by the doctor," He gave me that "yeah sure" look but I handed them to him and he put them on. He handed them back and apologized. I loved to annoy that guy, he was a pain.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #58 on: November 12, 2019, 10:48:59 PM
 :rofl:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline spudley112

Reply #59 on: November 12, 2019, 10:51:22 PM
Run the tube from the backpack down into the seat of your pants. When they say they need to look in the bag, say, "It's my colostomy bag, but knock yourself out."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%