Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sketchy Seller of 2016 Pioneer X Damascus on Ebay

us Offline Ike582

Sketchy Seller of 2016 Pioneer X Damascus on Ebay
on: November 18, 2019, 04:05:00 PM
For the third time recently there's a 2016 VSAK Pioneer X Damascus being offered on Ebay by a seller named "repentedone".  I watched him sell it two weeks ago, and then saw the same knife and seller return to Ebay a week ago.  When he was selling it last week, I asked him for an additional photo, and he never responded.    He's also got zero feedback as a seller, so I was concerned.  I ended up winning the auction with a pretty low bid.  He then contacted me within an hour (prior to paying) saying "the auction was cancelled because I didn't pay immediately", and then later another excuse that "there were issues with my mailing address".    Uh, that's weird.

Needless to say, he's cancelled auctions twice, and I think he's a total fraudster. I wouldn't touch this auction.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 04:53:10 PM by Ike582 »
Ike

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Sketchy Seller of 2016 Pioneer X Damascus on Ebay
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 04:36:11 PM
 :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

nl Offline glenfiddich1983

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • aka "G-Fiddle" and "Glen-Fizzle"
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 04:58:36 PM
What a fraud!  :twak:

According to eBays terms you have 2 days to pay for the item. So cancelling and relisting the item within one day because of the item not being paid is violating eBays terms.

You can't as a seller require payment within an hour (which is what the seller does now).

For what it's worth, I reported the seller and I think you as the buyer should do so too!
[--- arms length ---] (-.-) 

^-- where the cat sits

us Offline Ike582

Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 05:15:36 PM
What a fraud!  :twak:

According to eBays terms you have 2 days to pay for the item. So cancelling and relisting the item within one day because of the item not being paid is violating eBays terms.

You can't as a seller require payment within an hour (which is what the seller does now).

For what it's worth, I reported the seller and I think you as the buyer should do so too!

It's the first issue I've ever had with an Ebay seller after many transactions.  I will definitely report that seller!
Ike

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 05:24:43 PM
Might be hoping funds are send quickly so they can relist and "resale" over and over again  :dunno:.  Good you've reported and let the member know  :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #5 on: November 18, 2019, 06:52:37 PM
These are the type of people who give any selling institution a bad name.  :rant:

us Offline Ike582

Reply #6 on: November 18, 2019, 07:16:03 PM
Might be hoping funds are send quickly so they can relist and "resale" over and over again  :dunno:.  Good you've reported and let the member know  :salute:

After a bit of research, it appears there is no mechanism for reporting the seller if the auction is cancelled.  There is a mechanism for trying to get a refund but the cancellation scheme seems to slip through EBay’s cracks.
Ike

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: November 18, 2019, 09:12:18 PM
I noticed the auction too. Very shady.

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: November 18, 2019, 10:12:44 PM
Just sounds like a jerk to me. Better to stay away regardless.  Looks like there's old feedback as a seller.
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

it Offline shadowrider

Reply #9 on: November 23, 2019, 10:56:25 PM
It happened to me before that I won an item with a low bid as I ended up being the only seller, and the seller immediately canceled the auction, bringing up excuses about the listing being put up by mistake. I am fairly sure that it was done because the closing price wasn't what they were expecting.
Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do about that, except to leave them a negative feedback.

us Offline Ike582

Reply #10 on: November 24, 2019, 03:35:11 AM
It happened to me before that I won an item with a low bid as I ended up being the only seller, and the seller immediately canceled the auction, bringing up excuses about the listing being put up by mistake. I am fairly sure that it was done because the closing price wasn't what they were expecting.
Unfortunately there is nothing much you can do about that, except to leave them a negative feedback.

Only problem is that Ebay won't let me place any feedback because, once the seller cancels the auction, there's no longer any record of an auction to comment on. 
Ike

au Offline gregozedobe

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Apparently it is possible to have too many tools;)
Reply #11 on: November 24, 2019, 05:25:17 AM
Only problem is that Ebay won't let me place any feedback because, once the seller cancels the auction, there's no longer any record of an auction to comment on.

You could report the item as a fraudulent listing, which will bring the seller (and his dodgy behaviour) to ebay's attention.  I've done that in the past and ebay have removed the listing fairly quickly.
babola: "Enjoy your tools and don't be afraid to air your opinion and feelings here, but do it in courteous and respectable way toward others, of course."

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%