Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Let's have a knife thread. 12106

Newbie Posts: 39
Re: Let's have a knife FORUM.
« Reply #60 on: December 27, 2007, 04:52:47 AM »
Hey, Def. Knives seem to be a heartfelt subject among Multi-tool owners. What do you think about a knife forum?

BurkC
Head Turd Polisher Administrator Just Bananas Posts: 61,072 Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Let's have a knife thread.
« Reply #61 on: December 27, 2007, 05:13:44 AM »
It's a possibility if folks want it.  I never gave it much thought since there are knife forums that are well established already. 

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.
« Reply #62 on: December 27, 2007, 05:50:04 AM »
Of course I just mean a "sub" forum of multitool.org.
Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club! Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 43,090 Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2007, 12:15:39 PM »
Of course I just mean a "sub" forum of multitool.org.
What sort of knives did you have in mind mate ???

Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!
Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,270
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2007, 12:41:38 PM »
I think my next fixed blade will be a Ontario  TAK-1 but in 1095 rather than D2, has anyone got any long term experience of these ???

I had one in D2, a really nice blade that just didn't fit my hand. did you ever get one?

74.6 kB | 640x518

Absolutely No Life Club Posts: 7,270
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2007, 12:44:55 PM »
lately I've been thinking about combos, big n small and I'm really liking SAKs and a fixed blade or
MT and a fixed blade would really be a sweet deal. I'm sort of on a Mora kick too which for me
would be pretty nice with a MT or SAK;

my Mora's;

« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2007, 01:25:08 PM »
No particular kind just a forum for discussions about knives. Much like the seperate Forum about flashlights etc.

What do you think about the idea?
Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club! Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here... Posts: 43,090 Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2007, 03:13:33 PM »
I think my next fixed blade will be a Ontario  TAK-1 but in 1095 rather than D2, has anyone got any long term experience of these ???

I had one in D2, a really nice blade that just didn't fit my hand. did you ever get one?

I still want to get one, but it'll have to wait a while as I want to get another Grohmann first ::)

« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2007, 03:16:12 PM »
No particular kind just a forum for discussions about knives. Much like the seperate Forum about flashlights etc.

What do you think about the idea?
We I like the idea as fixed blades are my first love, but it's not my site :D

You could still post your out door knife reviews and imprestions in the outdoor tools forum, or other knives in the review  forum :)

No Life Club Posts: 4,253 Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2007, 06:30:29 PM »
Have you seen some of the SAKs that people added new scales and clips to on SOSAK?  Really cool huh. 
Oh you mean like my Vic Tinker with G-10 scales?

I usually have this or a Super Tinker with Plus scales in my pocket. Although lately I have been carrying my Spyderco Navigator2. But I'm sure eventually I'll go back to carrying one of my SAK's. I always do.

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.
Global Tuffy Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,078 Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2007, 06:38:54 PM »
That's a great looking SAK DTH!  :drool:

I'm back!!
No Life Club Posts: 4,253 Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
« Reply #71 on: December 27, 2007, 07:02:49 PM »
Thank you, I'm pretty proud of this knife. I'm considering getting another one in bright orange VG-10. Although I'm thinking of getting a Vic Hiker instead of the Tinker. My son will be turning 3 this spring and my wife and I want to get back into camping. Having a saw could be handy. But then again I might just get another Tinker, or both, or maybe both plus a OHT. (one handed trekker).  :climber: :sak:

I hope I'm not being out of line here but here's the website of the guy who did it for me. 

http://knifecooperative.com/

He's over on the SOSAK forum.

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.
Global Tuffy Absolute Zombie Club Posts: 28,078 Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
« Reply #72 on: December 27, 2007, 07:04:26 PM »
Tim (felinevet) has a few G-10 mods in atm.  They look real nice too.  :drool:

I'm back!!
« Reply #73 on: December 27, 2007, 09:43:47 PM »
Thank you, I'm pretty proud of this knife. I'm considering getting another one in bright orange VG-10. Although I'm thinking of getting a Vic Hiker instead of the Tinker. My son will be turning 3 this spring and my wife and I want to get back into camping. Having a saw could be handy. But then again I might just get another Tinker, or both, or maybe both plus a OHT. (one handed trekker).  :climber: :sak:

I hope I'm not being out of line here but here's the website of the guy who did it for me. 

http://knifecooperative.com/

He's over on the SOSAK forum.
Knifecoop is a talented fellow, aint he :)

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $167.00
PayPal Fees: $10.87
Net Balance: $156.13
Below Goal: $143.87
Site Currency: USD