Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Few swedish survival short-films,worth a watch

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
  • Smells like tar and smoke.
Few swedish survival short-films,worth a watch
on: November 22, 2008, 11:55:18 PM
hi,i just received links to this swedidh guy who makse low budget films,in stle of Survivor Man,not the highest quality but free to share and down load,and very very well thought info and content,no bull,just the usefull stuff on made to get along in the woods with bare essential and no hi-price equipment.i strongly recommend these to anyone her whos into survivalism(?) and outdoor/bushcraft life.

and hey,there seems to be even subtitles in english.

here u go guys:

http://www.bushcraft.se/film/index.html.en

( heres Michaels survival homepage too:  http://survival.michelblomgren.com/ )

« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 12:00:52 AM by Tarrodemierda »

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: Few swedish survival short-films,worth a watch
Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 11:57:09 PM
I've seen most of those video's before, and there well worth watching in my opinion :)

Nice find Mikko :tu:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 12:04:54 AM
I've seen them on YouTube before. I remember seeing him use an OHT and a SwissTool!
B

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 12:16:49 AM

on his website  he writes so good stuff....i adore guys like him.

Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 10:52:41 AM
(Image removed from quote.)

on his website  he writes so good stuff....i adore guys like him.
I've got those compasses, firesteel and knife, so I guess the guy know's what he's doing :D

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 05:18:44 PM
Watched the fist episode, and passed out half way through the second one (was way too tired) good stuff, very informative, like his skills and the fact that he tends to stress the important points multiple times is very good. Thx Mikko this is a great find. In the fist episode you see him use the OHT, in the second he shows it again as part of his psk.

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 05:45:27 PM
Here's another set of good Bushcraft videos on Youtube - Hobbexp

My favorite is the - Swedish Fast Knife

Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 06:11:38 PM
Here's another set of good Bushcraft videos on Youtube - Hobbexp

My favorite is the - Swedish Fast Knife
Great links Dave :tu:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 08:16:19 PM
I've seen both these guys before and can say they are well worth watching.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 08:52:16 PM
Mikko,

I watched episode 4 (cold night) and have a question (I know very little about bushcraft).  When making the shelter would it be a good idea to leave some of the bows attached to the tree to help hold the others in place?

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 09:27:23 PM
well if i understand corrct,it wouldnt do any harm to leave few.theres so many ways to do any type of lean-to´s u know,for every skill level and terrain,u just do the best u can with the materials u find and with the tools you have at the timein my opinion he made a really simple and useful,quick shelter,and ive seen many guys doin it like....they also build some"wall" to cover both sides of their lower body,as they believe it protects feet from gettin cold BUT,if u sleep by fire,the lean-to only is there to offer shelter from rain and wind,it has almost nothin to do with any kind of insulation.the fire is there to give you warmness,and if you cover the heat-radiation with parts from tree,leaves etc,it actuallu blocks the radiation and therefor youll fett WILL get the cold,especially if youre not havin proper sleeping bag.

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 09:28:57 PM
but arent these just great little films....i mean they are made by guy who really knows his business and as i live here in north,the point of view he has is very similar to mine,all the nature and landscape is here very much alike.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 11:41:27 PM
But you're from Finland, isn't it a Law that you must hate anything Swedish?  ;)

I'm Scottish; ask me how much I'm expected to hate the English.  ::)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 05:28:13 AM
and if you're English that means you hate the French, or everyone hates them  :P

and what is an American left with?

Well back to the topic, I finished watching his videos and I must say he's very good like Mikko said. Thx again I've gained from this..

Offline DoughDTD

• One is never enough!
Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 01:39:06 PM
Very cool videos.  It seems much more interesting to me to watch a real guy making a real video and posting online than watching survivorman or man vs wild.  Those guys do awesome smurf too, it just seems more motivating for me this way haha.  These videos have actually peaked my interest into maybe doing this kinda stuff, just hiking out and living off the land.  Tarro, it seems like you're all into the bushcraft stuff, so lemme as you a question.  Is it typical or out of the ordinary for guys going out into the wilderness for "mock" survival circumstances (IE. you go out with supplies in case you need them, but you try to just use a certain amount and live off the land) to bring along a weapon like a handgun or shotgun for protection.  Personally, I would love to do this kinda thing, but I would bring along a 45 on my hip and a 12 guage on my back, just in case the you-know-what hits the fan.

-Dough
W

Offline Tarrodemierda

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: December 26, 2008, 11:31:29 AM
yep,i "mock" these kind of things and so does many of my buddies,if i understand what you mean by word "mock"...like we drag all the gear into woods and pretend we are in real-deal survival situation.i think its about only good way to practice making fire and shelter,just to almost "play" some situations,and imagine yourself into trouble.AND it sure is good if you really leave the matches and lighters to your home,as it forces you to make it with firesteel,when its the only method left,often.

i used to lead my squad in one pretty well known airsoft-team,and we did try to simulate real situations etc,to keep it real,so all the food we took to woods,was mre´s,all the tents were military emergeancy shelters etc,it was nice way too to learn realistic scenarios and to learn to live with only crucial gear.

in pur summer cabin i do snare and bow hunting,in our own piece of woods,and so on.i  think im gettin more and more into outdoors,especially simplified"live off the land" and "do-it-yourself" all the time.its maybe cause i believe strongly that bad times are ahead and we must prepare.and secondary,ive noticed and felt,always,that my element is the woods,not the city at all.i never get stressed about bein without electricity in the forests,and no matter the distances and the weight of the backpack i have,im just happy bein there,in the trails and all the small things,like gettin to some deserted hay-shack in hard rain,makin some soup and takin a nap in cover of sleeping bag.i think its physically,and especially to me,mentally healthy way to live,as i dont need the rush,the society pressure,expectations,public allowed-sign into my forehead at all.i love to stumble into old ruins,from past,along my path´s,to see marks of travelers who have traveled the same routes centuries ago,it feels like walking at home to me.i do get some amount of smiles as al i dream about,all i talk about is takin another trip again,or making plans to jump of this modern life,and living off the land,and it aint joke to me.but i do understand the smiles though :D.
as i continue the outdoor-school now,im goin to be away a lot,but its ok to my girlfriends as she shares the same intrests and dreams,and we  will move to lapland if i graduate in schedual and i get a job of some sort from there,and my teacher has already said he´ll help me to get one,as have already good language-skills compared to many finn´s,and cause i can cook,hunt,ski,etc already pretty damn well.but i need to have official paper sayin that. :think:
i could easily see my self as reindeer-farmer,as those guys live hard but free life,and travel a lot.its not the guide-occupation,that i am after SO much,i just want to learn as much as i can,and get my income from livin in the wild,in job that aint destroying our nature.so you wont see me in suit ever,in telly,as leader of some hi-valued forest chopping company or what ever nonsense rip-off  & rape-the-nature multinational company. :D

Offline DoughDTD

• One is never enough!
Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 06:27:48 AM
Maybe once I get a job and save some money I can take a trip to Finland and we can go on an expedition!  We'll use only essentials, except maybe bring along a frew brewskies  :cheers:

-Dough
W

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24