Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Nitefox K3

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Nitefox K3
on: March 15, 2020, 07:05:18 PM
I'm often reluctant to give away a knife or multitool unless I'm sure that the recipient will actually use it and not just stick it in a drawer. Flashlights on the other I give away frequently. Often people don't really know how small and bright and long lasting modern led flashlights are. Even if they are just used to freak out the dog on occasion, at least I know they will most likely see some use in their lifetime and my follow up with recipients confirms this.

After having tried a bunch of different keychain flashlights, I have really settled in on AAA twisties with replaceable cells as my all around favorite. So after I gave away my last one, I found the Nitefox K3 on Amazon for less than $10. Pretty much love everything about it and it is even smaller in size than all of the others I have tried. It is definitely on the cool white side but not deathly so. I just bought a couple more to give away. Great little light for the price.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Re: Nitefox K3
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 07:18:37 PM
Nitefox and Rambler

us Offline Wessaen

• Just a dude with an appreciation for titanium.
Reply #2 on: March 23, 2020, 04:25:08 AM
How does it stack up against the Olight i3E EOS?

I have a fair number of the olights as they go on sale multiple times per year for just the cost of shipping (around $5) so I keep them tucked in multiple places around the house, in my glovebox, in my work bag, etc.

-Wes.
Work EDC: LM Raptor/Bladeless Pioneer X Mod

Weekend EDC: LM Free P2 or Vic Pioneer X/Vic Rambler/Olight I1R EOS Pro Ti/ Atwood R37Pry

These days I focus on collecting oddball Pharmacy/Medical Advert Victorinox Classics.

us Offline theonew

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 05:22:26 AM
I've never had an Olight I3E EOS but I have had several ITP A3 EOS which I like very much and look to be quite similar. I prefer the flat tail on the K3, the more aggressive textured shell (making it easier to operate with one hand) and the higher brightness. So in my mind definitely an upgrade.

I also recently discovered that if you twist on and off and on quickly, like within a half of second, it will go into strobe mode, which is something I have only rarely used and had previously thought it had something to do with cycling through the modes a few times  ::), but in my mind is a great way to "bury" the strobe in a fashion that is quick to access if you do need it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:38:50 AM by theonew »

ie Offline Don Pablo

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Yoo-hoo, big summer blowout!
Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 09:42:33 AM
Looks like my old thrunite Ti3. :D
Hooked, like everyone else. ;)

All hail the hook!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!