Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rate the last movie you watched v2

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Re: Rate the last movie you watched v2
Reply #60 on: February 21, 2019, 06:01:08 PM
Dr. No (1962) - 10/10

The first James Bond film is a masterpiece regardless of how you look at it.

Even for a movie that’s 57 years old, it doesn’t feel slow paste or boring at any times.

What I really also is how the henchmen who are not important to the progression of the storyline; are not introduced to the audience (for instance the 3 “blind” men), it may sound silly but it keeps the story limited to the characters that are relevant for the story and makes it a lot easier to follow what’s going on.

James Bond is played by Sean Connery who is IMO spot on perfect for the role of 007, and he played the role perfectly too.

The super villain Dr. No played by Joseph Wiseman, is spot on perfect too. He does a fantastic job at playing this ruthless and stone cold criminal mastermind. So much so; I’d almost say he it one of my favorite Bond villains.

Even Ursula Andress, who was fairly unknown and didn’t have any former acting career, does a great and convincing job at playing this sea shell diving girl.

Overall; an absolute masterpiece of a movie

...and +1 more post count. :drool:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally! :tu:
JR
"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #61 on: February 21, 2019, 11:02:10 PM
9 (2009) - 5 / 10

I have never heard about this movie before, and usually I am not a fan of animated movies, but I thought I’d give it a try anyway.

First off; I don’t want to say that it is a bad movie, because it’s not! ...the movie does a good job at keeping you planted to the screen wondering what has happened and what will be next....but that’s also what I don’t like about it, is it ends with “so what happens next?”.

For the same reason, I don’t really have much more to say about it. And that’s why I am giving it a medium score.

The main character (appropriately named “9”) is voiced by Elijah Wood, whom we all know as “Frodo” from Lord of the Rings, who does a great job at voicing the main character.

John C. Reilly whom we know from different comedy movies, voices one of the other characters (character named “5”)

Martin Landau who played Leonard in North by Northwest (1959) also voices one of the characters (“2”).

That’s really all I have to say about it.

....and +1 more post count. : drool:

Kind regards,

MMR

-------------------------------------------------
"We all make choices, but in the end our choices make us."
- Andrew Ryan

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: February 22, 2019, 03:01:04 PM
Firebird 2015 A.D. (1981) - 01/10

I only heard about this film from "50 worst movies ever made" and apparently it's a Canadian movie, that was filmed entirely in Canada, and only ever released in Canada. Even though the storyline takes place un the US.

I must say that it took me 3 attempts to try and finish watching this movie, first time I turned it off after about 20 min because of how terrible it is, second time I just fell asleep while trying to watch it...and this third time I think I only managed to finish watching it because I was working while watching it.

And oh man, this movie is bad. It has to be the only movie I have ever seen where you see on the actors that they don't even understand the plot or what is even going on in the movie...and there are so many things that just don't make any sense or is even explained in this movie.

So the storyline goes with something like, that the US government has outlawed gasoline / petrol powered vehicles in an effort to counteract the overuse of natural resources. But then there are rebels called "burners" who still drives their petrol vehicles around the desert (for some reason) and then the government has deployed what I think is supposed to be a police force to chase the burners (and I am not sure if they are meant to arrest the "burners" or kill them) using petrol powered bikes (because electrical bikes were not fast enough or something).

...and there are just so many things wrong with this movie that I don't even know where to start...

If you really want to find yourself wondering what you are doing with your life and possibly consider eating cyanide then the whole movie can be found on youtube...I'll post the link below:

...and +1 more post count  :drool:
Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #63 on: February 23, 2019, 12:01:20 AM
The Transformers The Movie (1986) - 05 / 10

Before I start going into any detail about this movie, there are a few things to be clear about first:

1) This movie is based on the first Transformers series (referred to as G1) which aired on TV from 1984 to 1987.
2) This movie and the G1 TV series was made to help boost toy sales, this was never intended to be visually impressive or really do anything other than show off what the “cartoon versions” of the toys could do and where they fit in.
3) If not obvious already; the target audience for this movie was kids.

Okay so with that said; let’s move on!

The movie; which is correctly titled “The Transformers The movie”, that’s not a typo, is fun for what it is and also quite entertaining. I’m also surprised how violent it really is for something intended for kids to watch, then again the TV series wasn’t much different and regardless of how you look at it; it is a franchise about giant robots smashing the snot out of each other.

The movie holds nothing back either, from the very beginning of it, a lot of the known auto bots were literally shot to pieces by the decepticons (in reality to make way for a new line of toys) and for the entire first half of the movie it almost nene stop fight / battle scenes.

I don’t want to post any real major spoilers but I think they made a mistake by killing off who’s likely the biggest name within the autobots, and the replacement isn’t even remotely as likable or anything.

But my main complaint story wise is the part that takes place on “junk planet”, I think this whole part should have been either cut way shorter or just left out completely. There are tons of new characters introduced constantly and there’s no real point to them for the main storyline and we never really get to find out anything about them at all. And the whole dance party or celebration scene is just cringeworthy.

Anyway apart from that the movie kept me entertained pretty much all the way through.

But is it a good movie, well the answer will be no, it isn’t. It is pretty cheesy in a lot of the dialogue and unless you grew up watching the G1 TV series, I don’t think you will enjoy watching it.

With that said; It’s not horrible or unwatchable in anyway. It is very “1980s” and that’s also adds to its charm and I think the soundtrack made by Stan Bush is amazing!

I think I am being fair by giving it a medium score. I don’t want to praise it too hard, and at the same time; I don’t want to say that it is a great movie either. But I like it regardless.

..+1 post count
Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

us Offline ironraven

• No Life Club
  • American Clandestine Materials Executive (ACME)
Reply #64 on: February 24, 2019, 05:42:04 PM

Yeah... I couldn't even get through the opening credits. You have must made of sterner stuff than I.
"Even if it is only the handful of people I meet on the street, or in my home, I can still protect them with this one sword" Kenshin Himura

Necessity is the mother of invention. If you're not ready, it's "a mother". If you are, it's "mom".

"I love democracy" Sheev Palpatine, upon his election to Chancellor.

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: February 24, 2019, 06:33:10 PM

Yeah... I couldn't even get through the opening credits. You have must made of sterner stuff than I.

To be honest; I wouldn’t have managed to make it to the end of the movie, if I wasn’t working while having the movie on in the background.

...and honestly don’t even bother trying, it’s not even worth watching.

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #66 on: February 25, 2019, 01:54:49 AM
San Andreas with “The Rock”
Great movie!
JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

mc Offline Gerhard Gerber

• No Life Club
Reply #67 on: February 26, 2019, 07:13:32 AM
I shouldn't.....
But I will......

Does a feature-length documentary count?

The Panama Papers  :cry:

We all need to watch it, but I couldn't finish it.
"......they don't have roads, or clean drinking water, medical care........because all the money was stolen......"

I know I'm not alone, I know there are older people less able to look after themselves that lost a lot more, but have no doubt this wholesale theft is affecting me very directly at the moment  :rant:

Last night I felt that all billionaires without exception needs to be slowly hung and set on fire, millionaires need to run.......

Problem being you need to go look in sci-fi books for ways to run the resulting mess.

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #68 on: February 27, 2019, 01:33:12 AM
I shouldn't.....
But I will......

Does a feature-length documentary count?

The Panama Papers  :cry:

We all need to watch it, but I couldn't finish it.
"......they don't have roads, or clean drinking water, medical care........because all the money was stolen......"

I know I'm not alone, I know there are older people less able to look after themselves that lost a lot more, but have no doubt this wholesale theft is affecting me very directly at the moment  :rant:

Last night I felt that all billionaires without exception needs to be slowly hung and set on fire, millionaires need to run.......

Problem being you need to go look in sci-fi books for ways to run the resulting mess.

On my "Have-to-watch"-list. Maybe I have to move it up the list.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #69 on: February 27, 2019, 02:12:05 AM
Oh, I forgot we also watched “White House down” pretty good action/comedy movie
JR

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #70 on: February 27, 2019, 03:24:13 AM
San Andreas with “The Rock”
Great movie!
JR
That is a great movie! Story line was better than what I thought it would be!

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #71 on: February 27, 2019, 03:34:57 AM
Dr. No (1962) - 10/10

The first James Bond film is a masterpiece regardless of how you look at it.

Even for a movie that’s 57 years old, it doesn’t feel slow paste or boring at any times.

What I really also is how the henchmen who are not important to the progression of the storyline; are not introduced to the audience (for instance the 3 “blind” men), it may sound silly but it keeps the story limited to the characters that are relevant for the story and makes it a lot easier to follow what’s going on.

James Bond is played by Sean Connery who is IMO spot on perfect for the role of 007, and he played the role perfectly too.

The super villain Dr. No played by Joseph Wiseman, is spot on perfect too. He does a fantastic job at playing this ruthless and stone cold criminal mastermind. So much so; I’d almost say he it one of my favorite Bond villains.

Even Ursula Andress, who was fairly unknown and didn’t have any former acting career, does a great and convincing job at playing this sea shell diving girl.

Overall; an absolute masterpiece of a movie

...and +1 more post count. :drool:

:iagree: 110%
Sean Connery is James Bond. None have even come close, IMO.
I love what he did with his money from some of the movies he has done!

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #72 on: February 27, 2019, 04:03:51 AM
:iagree: 110%
Sean Connery is James Bond. None have even come close, IMO.
I love what he did with his money from some of the movies he has done!

What did he do with the money? I am not familiar with that story  :popcorn:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #73 on: February 27, 2019, 04:15:11 AM
What did he do with the money? I am not familiar with that story  :popcorn:
I think from one of the movies he gave his entire earnings to his country.
JR

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #74 on: February 27, 2019, 04:31:15 AM
That is a great movie! Story line was better than what I thought it would be!
True
JR

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #75 on: February 27, 2019, 05:16:12 AM
I think from one of the movies he gave his entire earnings to his country.
JR
Correct and not just once! I have heard of 3 different  times he has given very generously...over 1 million dollars (his earnings for that movie). Another time half a million. A third time to a home for children. I had heard a million there.  :cheers:

us Offline Rapidray

• Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #76 on: February 27, 2019, 05:29:21 AM
“Detective Dee”  - a late night oh well why not movie that was surprisingly good! Good story line and interesting characters. Special effects were really good.

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Reply #77 on: February 27, 2019, 12:37:14 PM
Have to add that to my list too. The problem of millionaires and billionaires not paying their taxes is infuriating. An Amazon worker pays more tax in the UK than the company does  :ahhh And surely once you get over a couple of million you've already got more cash than you could possibly spend.
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #78 on: February 27, 2019, 02:39:05 PM
Spider-Man into the spider-verse.

Liked it a lot. Not only because of the story, awlso because of the mix of awll the different unverses.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #79 on: February 27, 2019, 08:49:39 PM
Correct and not just once! I have heard of 3 different  times he has given very generously...over 1 million dollars (his earnings for that movie). Another time half a million. A third time to a home for children. I had heard a million there.  :cheers:

That is really nice. I knew i liked him for a reason  :hatsoff:

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #80 on: March 01, 2019, 04:19:48 PM
Missing in action (1984) - 06 / 10

A classic Chuck Norris film, but I will say that it is on the better side of his typical movies.

Unlike a typical bad Chuck Norris movie (like invasion USA or Delta Force), this one takes a more serious approach, and touches on American POWs still being held in Vietnam, sort of like “Rambo: First Blood - Part 2” (1985) does.

But with that said; a lot of the fight choreography feels off and some of the acting could be better. Also I think the movie moves in too slow a paste at times as well, even some of his “stealth” scenes just goes on for way too long (like the scene where he returns to the Hotel), and a lot of the scenes that are not really relevant to the plot / storyline, could easily have been edited out (For instance, all the scenes of Chuck just walking around in Bangkok). And lastly, the entire movie was filmed in the Philippines, and you can easily tell that a lot of the cast was just local people they hired and not actual Vietnamese people.

But overall; I think this is one of Chuck Norris better films, even though it’s nowhere near as good as  “Rambo: First Blood - Part 2” (1985). Not even close.

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #81 on: March 03, 2019, 04:31:49 AM
“ready player one”
About the future and the internet, the guy who created it died but there’s something in it and if you can find everything you get control of it and how much it’s worth. So of course this big stock company is trying to gain control all while individuals do so, kinda interesting, I must say I loved the music, lol.. I’d say a 6/10
JR

it Offline SirVicaLot

Reply #82 on: March 03, 2019, 03:35:06 PM
“ready player one”
About the future and the internet, the guy who created it died but there’s something in it and if you can find everything you get control of it and how much it’s worth. So of course this big stock company is trying to gain control all while individuals do so, kinda interesting, I must say I loved the music, lol.. I’d say a 6/10
JR

I was really surprised by that movie. Did not expect much but really enjoyed it!  :like:

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #83 on: March 03, 2019, 05:53:32 PM
I was really surprised by that movie. Did not expect much but really enjoyed it!  :like:
The kid was wanting to watch it sooo bad (the first time) and the Mrs and me were like ahhh, ok, just to make the kid happy, but both of us were not to bad..
JR

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #84 on: March 03, 2019, 06:06:51 PM
I watched Independence Day Resurgence for the first time last night... what a load of utter smurf. Terrible.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
Reply #85 on: March 03, 2019, 06:18:38 PM
I watched Independence Day Resurgence for the first time last night... what a load of utter smurf. Terrible.
The first one was good but that’s it!
JR

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #86 on: March 03, 2019, 06:33:11 PM

Agree, typical example of what happens when there’s a 20 year gap between the first and second movie.

Just like with RoboCop, Sniper; we should just be happy that we have the first movie, and just pretend that the sequels done exist

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

• No Life Club
Reply #87 on: March 04, 2019, 07:12:15 AM
Kursk - 6/10  I like submarine movies, this just made me sad about young men dying at the whim of old men..... :salute:

dk Offline MMR

• No Life Club
Reply #88 on: March 04, 2019, 07:20:31 AM
this just made me sad about young men dying at the whim of old men.

You mean like every war ever fought?

Kind regards,

MMR

- Andrew Ryan

• No Life Club
Reply #89 on: March 04, 2019, 11:22:03 AM