Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Retro Gaming

detron · 75 · 2745

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Retro Gaming
Reply #60 on: February 03, 2017, 03:23:56 PM
Oh Disney.... now I understand why you have made Star Wars Kleenex!   :ahhh

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

nz Offline moonweasel

Reply #61 on: February 04, 2017, 01:46:29 AM
I'd love to integrate into something like this:
(Image removed from quote.)
I would do bad things for an original one of those.

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #62 on: February 04, 2017, 11:09:31 AM
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

de Offline matzesu

Reply #63 on: May 21, 2017, 08:51:04 PM
Bought me a Used Gameboy Color in pretty nice condition some Weeks ago,
Works perfectly and runs on only 2 AA Cells, unlike the Original Gameboy who need 4 AA Cells..
it's much less bricky than the GB Classic..

It's runs whit the Everdrive GB Flash Card because I ditnt want to carry around my whole GB Collection..

The Old Gameboy Brick:

The "new" GBC

Im also still using my Nintendo DS Light for GBA Games, but I also have new Nintendo Handhelds like New3DSXL and Switch
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent).. Swisschamp (Blue Transparent) Cybertool L (Blue Celidor (custom scales) , Huntsman (Black Celidor) , Victorinox EvoGrip S557 (Red, but sadly lost in my house somewhere) Victorinox Delemont S17 and S57 ..  , waiting for: Swiza D09 Blue

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #64 on: May 21, 2017, 10:53:47 PM
I had the atomic Purple one like that.  I loved it!

I have a New 3DSXL too.  but with school and work, I have not touched it in about 5 months.    :facepalm:
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #65 on: May 23, 2017, 01:29:28 PM
That thing looks sweet matzesu :o :like: :like:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #66 on: May 25, 2017, 01:26:54 PM
Classic Game Boy!  Awesome!

When I was a kid I wanted a Game Boy so I'd have something to do when we went on long car rides or camping etc.  My parents were going to get it for me for Christmas but then decided that, for the same price, they would get me the full system so my brother and I could play together.  This was a major fail in my mind as I was trying to get away from my brother.... :P

I never ended up with a handheld gaming device until I got a smartphone.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

de Offline matzesu

Reply #67 on: March 01, 2020, 12:39:28 PM
Just forgot to post some of my new „Toys“
A GBA Classic, reworked and whit a GBA SP 101 Screen Mod , works pretty good but eats my Rechargeable Batteries fast ^^
And the C64 Maxi, a Retro Remake of the Good old Commodore PC
Your SAK is only fully yours, when it bites you, or you opend a Trink of your joice whit it
SAKs i have: Huntsman Light (Red Transparent), Workchamp (Black), Wenger EvoGrip S557 (Red), Swisschamp XLT (Red Transparent).. Swisschamp (Blue Transparent) Cybertool L (Blue Celidor (custom scales) , Huntsman (Black Celidor) , Victorinox EvoGrip S557 (Red, but sadly lost in my house somewhere) Victorinox Delemont S17 and S57 ..  , waiting for: Swiza D09 Blue

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #68 on: March 02, 2020, 01:48:05 PM
Last year I really got into retro gaming with a Pandora's Key 7 3D stand alone dual player arcade box containing 2177 games. I also have several retropie builds. Those retropie systems can contain thousands of older games.  :ahhh

I also have several mini game systems including the mini Commodore 64, Sega Genesis flashback system that can use cartridges, both official Nintendo mini systems, a Playstation 1 mini, an Atari 2600 mini, etc.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 01:54:50 PM by Chako »
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

de Offline matzesu

Reply #69 on: May 01, 2024, 12:32:05 PM
Startet today to pocket carry my New 2DS XL, works good and it’s not that big..
as carrying these DS Cardridges I did prepare an DS Homebrew Cardridge whit some DS Games and some Emulators (Gameboy and GBC, NES, Gamegear)..

Shure you can emulate DS now whit the IPhone, but I find it much better on the real hardware..

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #70 on: May 01, 2024, 04:10:20 PM
I'm thinking of picking up one of those retro all in one emulator handhelds. Wife and I are heading across the country for a wedding, and it'd be fun to go play some Pokemon or something like a kid on vacation again to pass the time.

de Offline matzesu

Reply #71 on: May 02, 2024, 08:04:57 AM
These all in one RetroDevices are a quite difficult topic: if you get them from Chinese Sellers they have often lots of Roms included which let them sound on Paper quite impressive, but lots of this might be Garbage..  (and not really legal according where you live) , the optimal solution where to get an RetroHandheld whit an All in One Emulator OS and copy the stuff you like to play yourself ..

This 500 in 1 DS Cardridge i got was filled whit lots of Garbage (Dora the Explora, Style Boutique) , but also a few good Games like some Pinball games where the Table fits on booth DS Screens ..

I did not got the Sega Emulators to run yesterday sadly, but might be i just have to change the Reset Button Combination of the Flashcard as its the same like on the Emulator but i was able to play some Gameboy, Gameboy Color and NES Games on the New 2DS XL, worked quite good but its for shure not the Emulator Beast like the GPD Win Mini (which even plays PS2 and Gamecube) therefore i think its a quarter lighter, and for DS and 3DS Games its much more enjoyable as they are made for the Device there where a lot of Touchscreen Games on the DS

On Weekend, beside testing my then hopefully arrived Swizza, i will also try to Update some of the Emulators ^^

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #72 on: May 02, 2024, 02:05:38 PM
If it came with ROMs, I'd probably just delete all of them and load my own. I have clean sets for most of what I'd want anyway.

hr Offline styx

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #73 on: May 02, 2024, 06:27:59 PM
I think I might have an old PS1 and maybe a Sega Mega Drive somewhere

quite frankly my handheld gaming and retro gaming is covered by the MIYOO Mini Plus
Solving problems you didn't know you had in the most obscure way possible

"And now, it's time to hand this over to our tame race axe driver. Some say, he can live in the forest for six months at a time without food, and he knows of a secret tribe of only women where he is their God. All we know is, he's call the Styx!" - TazzieRob

de Offline matzesu

Reply #74 on: May 03, 2024, 11:46:19 AM
As yesterday was not that nice weather in Germany, i was updating some DS Homebrew on this Flashcard, the Sega Emulators seems now to run, i did not got that much luck whit SNES but well, might be i need the Roms unzipped, i have another SNES Emulator Load up Yesterday..
I will try tommorow this new GBA Run Software, according what i did read i dont need an RAM Extansion so it should work on my 2DSXL , then i have the whole Nintendo Handheld Series in my Pocket, (expect of Switch)

Whit these Al lin One Emulator Solutions like RetroBat and these super fast PC Handheld Devices its nice to play but its on the other side quite fun to screw around on the DS .. the Developers of the Emulators had to use every hack to get this stuff running on this limited hardware, 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%