Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox ethics

us Offline CraftsmanSAK

• Bought a Trekker for work and the collection began
Victorinox ethics
on: May 13, 2020, 11:55:23 PM
 :mail:   Got my Champion Plus back that I broke during last month's SAK STACK challenge from my own stupidity.  (broke the tip off the corkscrew) I truly respect a company that would do this repair after I offered to pay as I know I broke it by being an idiot.   I let them know as much and ordered a Cybertool L tonight after thinking about their loyalty to me - the customer.   I needed to show my loyalty to them for their ethics in dealing with their customers.   We need more companies like this, and this is why they have remained for so long.  Thank you, Victorinox! 
ChampionPlusRepaired.JPG
* ChampionPlusRepaired.JPG (Filesize: 81.94 KB)
They say the pen is mightier than the sword.   However... there is a dead guy here with a Bic in his hand and a Samurai walking away.

us Offline Myron

• No Life Club
Re: Victorinox ethics
Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 12:44:26 AM
Love to hear this!  They are surely one of the last companies to work this way.  I sent my first SAK back for warranty service to Vx in 1983 or thereabouts.  It was a Tinker and the back spring broke while opening a can on a camping trip.  Rather than repair it they replaced it. I still have the paperwork they sent with the replacement.   My loyalty was locked in place then and remains to this day. 

us Offline kamakiri

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: May 14, 2020, 01:22:05 AM
I’ve been sold on their brand since ‘84.

Always nice to hear other positive experiences from  other loyal customers!
If this post has been helpful in dating your Swiss Army Knife, please consider making a small contribution to help keep SAKWiki going

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 07:06:51 AM
Wenger was the same. I miss them. Victorinox offered to replace my Wenger, but it has too much sentimental value to me, so I'm going to repair it myself.

Charles.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $149.46
PayPal Fees: $8.74
Net Balance: $140.72
Below Goal: $159.28
Site Currency: USD