Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Gun Show Score: I paid $150 for this knife and it's worth $1500!!!!

Guest · 19 · 4510

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Sorry for the crappy pictures:

I have already traded this beauty to a friend. He was speechless when I traded it for another $150 knife.  :D
Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

us Offline eodtech

• No Life Club
  • Rule #9 - Never go anywhere without a knife.
Good score. About 10 years ago  I was at a second hand store looking at narrow metal picture frames and bought one for $8 with a poster for a cruise ship in it. I got home and for grins looked up the poster on the WWW and it was worth $1800. It was an original from the 1930's and not a reproduction. Needless to say the poster is still in the frame hanging in the den. I went to a flea market and bought box of books for $20 and sold them on eBay for $1800. There are a lot of "finds" out there you just have to get out and look for them.
Why do I carry a 45 ?
Because they don't make a 46 !

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
GREAT find Gadget Guy :tu:, thats what i dream to do one day, sell the knife/tool(unless i actually want it) and buy me a dozen of knifes :drool:/tools i always wanted but couldnt afford
A

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Thanks guys!!  :cheers:

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
I love the recurve on that :o

I bet it's an awesome cutter :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline Death's Head

Wow bro!  I hope you end up snagging a few more!  :tu:

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Nice snag. i allways like it when we win over the traders. They allways seem to have the item we want for more than the MSRP. So I love it when one slips by them.
S

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Nice one John!  :tu:

That is worth a lot for a folder of this type.  What about it makes it worth so much?
I'm back!!

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
I cant tell from the pic`s is that a ES-M1 or a Commander w/the SPECWAR logo. Does it have thick or thin liners. If its a ES-M1 it can be worth more than 1500 if its mint. If its a Commander w/ SPECWAR logo it may not be worth that much. When was it made?
Regardless its a great knife to bad you still dont have it.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club

That is worth a lot for a folder of this type.  What about it makes it worth so much?

It is a very rare Emerson CM-1. I've been told there are only 10 ever made. Even though this knife looks like a production folder, it is 75% custom and the blade was ground by Mr. Emerson himself. :o  I traded it to my friend for a CRK professional soldier. Life isn't always about $$$ you know.  :D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!

It is a very rare Emerson CM-1. I've been told there are only 10 ever made. Even though this knife looks like a production folder, it is 75% custom and the blade was ground by Mr. Emerson himself. :o  I traded it to my friend for a CRK professional soldier. Life isn't always about $$$ you know.  :D

That is damn rare then!  :o  I can see where the money is now.  :)
I'm back!!

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club

That is damn rare then!  :o  I can see where the money is now.  :)

I really thought this knife was a fake and I almost didn't buy it. I'm not a Emerson expert and I've never seen this one before. I knew the grinds were amazing and it had titanium liners, so I figured it wasn't a fake. This knife caused quite a stir on another forum. I had to take my phone off the hook and turn off my pm's.  :D   The new owner of this knife is off the wall with excitement.

us Offline David

Thats interesting as the only CM-1`s I`ve seen in the past had Spyder hole instead of the wave and disk for opening the blade. CM-1`s are rare.
Hold Fast

us Offline hawkchucker

• No Life Club
  • I miss Benner
Nice of ya to give it to a friend. That is good karma and it allways comes back to ya! :cheers:
S

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
I found a website with listed prices just in case anyone didn't believe me:  :D

http://members.cox.net/ekiknives/EmersonCustomReport.htm

Scroll down to CM-1

us Offline David

I believe you GG I know what the CM-1 is and its history. I would have thought it would have brought more. Considering a Rhino can go for 5,000 or a good half moon 6 can easily bring over 2,000. Alot of the custom Emersons start at 1,100 and go up from there in todays market. I also can vouch for the list you have provided. Thanks for sharing your find.
Hold Fast

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
I believe you GG I know what the CM-1 is and its history. I would have thought it would have brought more. Considering a Rhino can go for 5,000 or a good half moon 6 can easily bring over 2,000. Alot of the custom Emersons start at 1,100 and go up from there in todays market. I also can vouch for the list you have provided. Thanks for sharing your find.

You're welcome.  :cheers:  It could be worth more, but I'm going with actual sales records.  :salute:  It's a real beauty!  :drool:

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Your a good guy GG,true friendship is worth a lot more than money,and you got what you wanted also. :cheers:& :salute:

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Your a good guy GG,true friendship is worth a lot more than money,and you got what you wanted also. :cheers:& :salute:

Thanks Smitty!  :cheers: 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%