Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

First Cadet

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
First Cadet
on: June 30, 2020, 05:25:42 PM
There's a guy that usually sells on eBay that has started his own website dealing in used knives. I had some issues early on, as he had a few issues with his inventory system, and still to an extent does (and something that needs to be changed) as many are cross-listed between eBay and his site. As of late, however, he seems to be getting his butt in gear in terms of handling things right.  Typically, I wait until he does 50% off sales around certain holidays (and I'm betting there will probably be one coming up for July 4), but I decided, for some reason, to see what he had today. Noticed he had a Cadet for just over $20 shipped. Been wanting to try the Cadet, as I like having a nailfile on my around the house knife, and I'm on an ongoing quest to make most of my users Alox. 84mm is my "around the house" size, as well as being my main EDC in the form of the Craftsman/Artisan/Fieldmaster Small.

While I want one of the newer ones that that sexy cut stainless file (a red or black one), this is just to see if I like the pattern.

And the initials, no problem. Given what I do on the farm, I think it can mean "Chief Director of Operations".

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 05:33:21 PM by cody6268 »

us Offline Wessaen

• Just a dude with an appreciation for titanium.
Re: First Cadet
Reply #1 on: June 30, 2020, 08:47:40 PM
This the usedknives.com guy? Never had any issues with the couple orders I have placed. Usually shipped out within a day or two of the order being placed. He is also where I lucked out on finally getting my hands on an Alox Vagabond so I check in every week or so to see if anything interesting is in stock.

And yeah, wait for the 50% off sales during holidays unless it is something rare you must have for the collection.

The Cadet is a good around the house knife; sometimes you forget you have it in your pocket.

-Wes.

Edit: If website seller ever sees these posts:

Please remove the sold listings; they are clogging up your site and make searching for new items a pain.
Work EDC: LM Raptor/Bladeless Pioneer X Mod

Weekend EDC: LM Free P2 or Vic Pioneer X/Vic Rambler/Olight I1R EOS Pro Ti/ Atwood R37Pry

These days I focus on collecting oddball Pharmacy/Medical Advert Victorinox Classics.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $10.00
PayPal Fees: $0.67
Net Balance: $9.33
Below Goal: $290.67
Site Currency: USD
 3%