Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

MP600 Sight Tool mods. With bitdriver. BOOM.

us Offline ChopperCharles

• No Life Club
MP600 Sight Tool mods. With bitdriver. BOOM.
on: July 10, 2020, 02:35:20 AM
Soooooo I've been working on this little MP600 Sight Tool for a while. I recently acquired few SOG parts from their store, and today I broke out the dremel and files and made the 1/4" socket driver fit my MP600. After getting it to fit properly I heated it up with a propane torch until it just started to glow a little bit, and then dumped it in a coffee can with a bit of used motor oil in the bottom. After it cooled down and stopped smoking, I have a nice black oxide coating to match the rest of the tools.

The only thing I might consider doing is swapping the position of the can opener and bottle opener, so that the can opener can be used right-handed again. The 1/4 driver adapter needs to be as far from the center as possible, because the spring keeps it from closing fully.

So now I can use my MP600 to drive 1/4" sockets, or use any 1/4" ratchet to 1/4" bit adapter -- like the one that came with my SOG PowerPlay, shown.

My Sight Tool also has blunt-nosed jaws, a file, the full driver complement, and scissors. It's basically a Pro Scout with a bit driver instead of a remgrit holder. But it's also got that massive blade and the most excellent phillips driver. And also a flat black titanium clip. :)

Charles.
IMG_8425.jpg
* IMG_8425.jpg (Filesize: 306.56 KB)
IMG_8427.jpg
* IMG_8427.jpg (Filesize: 312.44 KB)

• No Life Club
Re: MP600 Sight Tool mods. With bitdriver. BOOM.
Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 02:36:02 AM
Also sorry for the sawdust, I was using it earlier!

Charles.

pr Offline Juan el Boricua

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 05:16:46 AM
Nice job, CC!  :cheers:

Offline MTSebastian

Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 10:09:01 PM
Very nice work

Gesendet von meinem SM-A600FN mit Tapatalk

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 10:44:41 PM
I guess I should say "socket driver", but anyhow it's a sweet setup. Any 1/4" socket fits on the tool, making it really useful to carry on the motorcycle.

Charles.

Offline s_a_c

• New User
Reply #5 on: January 15, 2023, 05:23:19 AM
I know this is a old thread but figured I’d drop this here in case anyone searched in the future for it. It’s also in the mod squad sticky as well. I much prefer the MP600ST as the main tool due to the frame already having cutouts, longer combo knife blade, longer Phillips driver, replaceable cutter inserts, and better plastic tool locks on this model.

Mods:
1. Removed AR sight tool and add gerber armbar slim bit driver. Driver tool and MP600 frame both had to be modded a good bit to allow fitment. NOTE: attempted to modify the AR sight tool initially to accept a bit extension but this is not recommended as it is easier to add the bit driver from the armbar, and also allows for another short tool to be added due to the thinner profile of the bit driver.
2. Added scissors, Tshank adapter (for surge file, Tshank saw blades, etc), and large flathead with V notch.
3. HSS cutter inserts installed and are a significant upgrade over the crappy carbide.
4. EPI insta-black 370SS sample kit on the way to blacken the modified portion of the frame, bit driver, and a couple of satin tools. Also may add Wire Stripper tool from SOG powerlock in near future. I’ve already done this mod to my other MP600 I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline s_a_c

• New User
Reply #6 on: January 16, 2023, 12:49:57 AM
I know this is a old thread but figured I’d drop this here in case anyone searched in the future for it. It’s also in the mod squad sticky as well. I much prefer the MP600ST as the main tool due to the frame already having cutouts, longer combo knife blade, longer Phillips driver, replaceable cutter inserts, and better plastic tool locks on this model.

Mods:
1. Removed AR sight tool and add gerber armbar slim bit driver. Driver tool and MP600 frame both had to be modded a good bit to allow fitment. NOTE: attempted to modify the AR sight tool initially to accept a bit extension but this is not recommended as it is easier to add the bit driver from the armbar, and also allows for another short tool to be added due to the thinner profile of the bit driver.
2. Added scissors, Tshank adapter (for surge file, Tshank saw blades, etc), and large flathead with V notch.
3. HSS cutter inserts installed and are a significant upgrade over the crappy carbide.
4. EPI insta-black 370SS sample kit on the way to blacken the modified portion of the frame, bit driver, and a couple of satin tools. Also may add Wire Stripper tool from SOG powerlock in near future. I’ve already done this mod to my other MP600 I have.

* IMG_2746.jpg (Filesize: 497.56 KB)

* IMG_2748.jpg (Filesize: 293.38 KB)

* IMG_2749.jpg (Filesize: 310.58 KB)

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 07:08:28 PM
Oh wow, that's very cool. I may have to hunt down another armbar drive to scavenge parts from....

Charles.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $129.06
PayPal Fees: $7.28
Net Balance: $121.78
Below Goal: $178.22
Site Currency: USD