Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

SAK Forum helped me get through last week. I donated.

us Offline DavZell

SAK Forum helped me get through last week. I donated.
on: December 02, 2020, 09:17:07 PM
I’ve had a rough patch lately (health on top of everything else 2020), and wandered back to this site, as do every few months.  I’ve had a great time getting through about 16 pages.  I’ve only purchased 5 SAK’s and two others (none of which I can - or should, anyway - afford)!  I’ll post about them once they all arrive.

Anyhow, I appreciate the community, and, I know the site struggles with their own bills occasionally.  I figured, if I can make excuses for those knives, I can pitch in again.  So I donated $25.

If the site has helped you this year, maybe help them pay the bills and start 2021 with a cushion.

Happy Holiday, and stay safe and healthy.

David
drzeller, but not a doctor
My Mods: 58mm Workshop, 91mm Picnicker, CyberCompact
Some Fav's: long nail file models, vintage unusual stainless
Quirk: I like the metal file more than the wood saw

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Re: SAK Forum helped me get through last week. I donated.
Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 10:39:59 PM
 :hatsoff:

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 10:46:39 PM
Thank you very much for your donation and kind words.

A lot of us take the forum for granted and it's the place we come to relax and unwind. But yes, it takes a lot of money to keep it afloat so every dollar, euro or pesos counts. :tu:

it Offline SirVicaLot

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 01:27:10 AM
Which reminds that I should extend my Charter membership. How does that work again?  :think:

us Offline Sos24

Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 02:46:17 AM
:hatsoff: Sorry to hear about the rough patch, but glad this forum helped you.

This highlights one of the reasons I love MTO, it is a community.  I’ve been a member on other forums, where people were not nearly as nice and it could actually become unpleasant.  MTO is filled with great members who care and are respectful of each other.

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #5 on: December 03, 2020, 03:40:51 AM
:hatsoff: Sorry to hear about the rough patch, but glad this forum helped you.

This highlights one of the reasons I love MTO, it is a community.  I’ve been a member on other forums, where people were not nearly as nice and it could actually become unpleasant.  MTO is filled with great members who care and are respectful of each other.

:iagree: :like: Can't say it any better, well said!

David, hope things would get better as time progress, and thank you for being supportive!

us Offline DavZell

Reply #6 on: December 04, 2020, 04:02:36 PM
I want to add a story from the past two days that you all would appreciate.  My father, who is 88 and still chugging along despite blood cancer, was a graduate of Princeton way back in 1954.  For a class reunion, I think their 50th or maybe 40th, they got custom SAKs with Princeton on one side and their class logo (a tiger atop a stylized 54) on the other.  Both were inlaid metal.  Very nice.

Well a few years ago, he lost his after many years of EDC.  I have looked online for one for a few years, but never came across one.  As you can imagine, they would be rare, and likely held onto by families.  Well, the other day, I found a picture of one in someone’s collection!  He happens to be a longtime, active member here (who I won’t name because they might not want me to).  I reached out to them and they agreed to sell it to me for a very reasonable price.  I am VERY happy.  I wonder if it was my Dad’s!!

So, Swiss Army Knights do good even outside of this community.

Happy Holidays to all...

David
My Mods: 58mm Workshop, 91mm Picnicker, CyberCompact
Some Fav's: long nail file models, vintage unusual stainless
Quirk: I like the metal file more than the wood saw

us Offline 39hotrod

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: December 04, 2020, 04:06:07 PM
 :like: :cheers:
All who wander are not lost..

It only take a little bit of sharp..

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #8 on: December 04, 2020, 06:15:26 PM
Sorry to hear about the rough patch.  I do hope the path is smooth as the days go on.  I am very happy to hear you located a SAK like dad had.  Our community is one of a kind that's for sure.  Thank you all for making this place an oasis for many.  Glad you find your way back to us as we are here for you.  I've learned time and time again that MTO takes care of their own in more ways than many know.  Glad you shared your story with us. 

All the best to you. 
Esse Quam Videri

ie Offline McStitchy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #9 on: December 04, 2020, 06:50:46 PM
I want to add a story from the past two days that you all would appreciate.  My father, who is 88 and still chugging along despite blood cancer, was a graduate of Princeton way back in 1954.  For a class reunion, I think their 50th or maybe 40th, they got custom SAKs with Princeton on one side and their class logo (a tiger atop a stylized 54) on the other.  Both were inlaid metal.  Very nice.

Well a few years ago, he lost his after many years of EDC.  I have looked online for one for a few years, but never came across one.  As you can imagine, they would be rare, and likely held onto by families.  Well, the other day, I found a picture of one in someone’s collection!  He happens to be a longtime, active member here (who I won’t name because they might not want me to).  I reached out to them and they agreed to sell it to me for a very reasonable price.  I am VERY happy.  I wonder if it was my Dad’s!!

Happy Holidays to all...

David

What a great story, thanks for sharing it David.
I'm sorry to hear you having a rough time but am glad that you find the MTO community rewarding in many aspects  :tu: I do too!

Group hug everyone?

nz Offline Sawl Goodman

• Between this & that.
Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 07:59:32 PM
David,  :hatsoff:  Sorry to hear of your troubles. It's great that MTO brings you peace. That's a really generous donation. I hope things get better for you.

I donate a small amount every month. MTO (the Swiss Army Knights subforum in particular) is one of my favourite parts of the internet. Fantastic members; great posts; so much sharing of knowledge; and fun.

I agree with McStitchy. Big {{hugs}} to all!

:cheers:
Rambler

spam Offline comis

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 12:57:02 PM

Happy Holidays to all...

David

David, great story and thanking you for sharing it! :cheers:   MTO is indeed one of a kind, kudos to that member selling you the SAK. :hatsoff:

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 08, 2020, 04:30:14 PM
Hi David

Hope things are getting better fir you mate - And very happy MTo has been a friend to you.

Thanks so much for the donation

That is an amazing and lovely story about your Dad's SAK - Thanks to your donor too.

H

gb Offline Fuzzbucket

Reply #13 on: December 08, 2020, 04:44:06 PM
What a great story, thanks for sharing it David.
I'm sorry to hear you having a rough time but am glad that you find the MTO community rewarding in many aspects  :tu: I do too!

Group hug everyone?

Hey! If you think you're getting a cuddle from me, you can jog on... I will give you a pat-pat though.

Well done David and thanks for sharing the story.  :salute: 

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD