« on: May 03, 2021, 06:13:10 PM »
So... not sure if this is an abomination or a revelation... Let’s just call it “evolving”.
I took a punt on a set of 91mm titanium scales, liners and steel pivots from Alieoopsexpressomania. Truth be told they’re nicely made but Lordy they were a complete b@$+@!! to get together. They were sold as 3 layer - they’re not. The pivots weren’t quite right either, although it might have been me. I had to give up on one of the liners as it just did not fit.
Went back to original liners from some donors, doubled up on the centre liner to take up some space and got it together.
So we’ve got main blade, can opener and scissors with back tools plusT&T. I want to try and grind the can opener down to a cap lifter/long thin screwdriver like Syph did as that’s what I need but that’s for another day (To answer the obvious question - no I don’t have a combo tool).
Today was just about seeing if it goes together. I’m almost there. I think I will need a spacer on the can opener as the main blade needs some extra clearance, but I think the normal one will add too much width. Maybe a washer or 2.
There’s still a bit of play in the blade layer but I think that’s because I haven’t tightened the torx fully.
It’s sort of a Ti Frankencompact. A pointless if fun project. And I’m learning. The can opener definitely has potential in the blade layer. I hope.