Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Collection completed!

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Re: Collection completed!
Reply #30 on: June 28, 2021, 05:18:27 PM
Congrats - So you collected all the models in Max's family tree - That's amazing !!    :salute:     :tu:

Re This:
Fellow knights,
It's with great pleasure that I hereby declare my collection completed!
Cheers,
Simon

:rofl:    :rofl:   ........ I have said that so many times ......... and my wife, who knows me better than I do, scoffed at the statement, and said:
"There'll always be another SAK you want!" ....... And even though I did have a collection theme and objective which I had completed - Of course she was right!!

And why did you have to ask this question?    ???  :twak:
By the way, there is one SAK in this picture which is not in the 2020 family tree. Who can identify it?  ;)

I really need to go to bed !!!

Anyway I reckon it's second row third from left and it's a Champion!!

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: June 28, 2021, 08:33:58 PM
(deleted)

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #32 on: June 28, 2021, 08:35:51 PM

Anyway I reckon it's second row third from left and it's a Champion!!

In one!    :tu: :hatsoff:

Although I had closely followed Max' journey down the 91 mm road, I had somehow forgotten it was him who authored the 91 mm family tree. I wonder if it inspired anyone else to get them all? :think: In any event, I do think a) a badge should be created for this achievement (it would be the first for which I would apply) and b) Victorinox should send Max a nice complimentary SAK. I wouldn't have brought them all this business without his tree.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2021, 08:49:53 PM by Simon_Templar »

za Offline Max Stone

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #33 on: June 30, 2021, 07:58:02 PM
Thanks Simon for the vote of confidence  :hatsoff: I was awarded the 30 days/30 SAKs badge for the thread I did around the time of the tree, which is reward enough for me, and I think it's a bit of a moving target as the range does shift over time, even at the slow pace of Victorinox. 🐌

There's no doubt that 91mm is the core range for Victorinox. However, even though there are 111mm and 130mm collection badges, there are none for 91mm  :dunno:

I suspect that many SAK collections start with 91mm, so it would be good to see badges to recognize the 91mm Collector (Level 1-3), eg: Start a new thread with photos of at least 8/12/18 different 91mm models in your collection.  ???
Education is a journey that starts when you realize that knowing a little about something opens the door to the universe.

gb Offline Fast Bill

• No Life Club
  • Carpe titanium
Reply #34 on: June 30, 2021, 10:24:41 PM
That sounds like a great idea Max. :like:
Per Titanium Ad Tearoom.
Apex predator of fruit cake

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #35 on: July 01, 2021, 05:25:50 AM
Victorinox should send Max a nice complimentary SAK. I wouldn't have brought them all this business without his tree.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Would also be nice if Vic supported SAKWiki itself eg Small monthly donation - As this does seem to be the de-facto global reference database for SAKs - Eg I often see text we wrote in ebay listings - and all the Facebook groups use it!!
SAKWiki has even helped Vic correct their own website - eg The SDs on all 111mm SAKs were listed as 5mm not 7.5mm - Also the glass saw on the Rescue Tool was listed as a disc-saw due to a translation mistake - Although they have only partiallly corected that error!

..... Or they could support  MTo - eg with a few freebies for anniversary GAWs -

Sadly none of this is  forthcoming     :cry:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 06:31:21 AM by Huntsman »

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #36 on: July 01, 2021, 08:29:49 AM
I wholeheartedly agree.

Would also be nice if Vic supported SAKWiki itself eg Small monthly donation - As this does seem to be the de-facto global reference database for SAKs - Eg I often see text we wrote in ebay listings - and all the Facebook groups use it!!
SAKWiki has even helped Vic correct their own website - eg The SDs on all 111mm SAKs were listed as 5mm not 7.5mm - Also the glass saw on the Rescue Tool was listed as a disc-saw due to a translation mistake - Although they have only partiallly corected that error!

..... Or they could support  MTo - eg with a few freebies for anniversary GAWs -

Sadly none of this is  forthcoming     :cry:

:iagree: At least SAKWiki is in good company: apparently Vic never supported the original MacGyver Show either

au Offline Echotech

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #37 on: July 01, 2021, 09:01:45 AM
:iagree: as well, SAKWIKI really is THE SAK resource, big thanks to you H and all of the mods :tu: :salute:

H must be time for another catch up once we get out of lockdown :drink:

nz Offline Storm

Reply #38 on: July 02, 2021, 02:01:27 AM
Congratulations on reaching the end of the 91mm  journey :hatsoff: Can only imagine the satisfaction of knocking a 2 year goal off the list. :cheers:
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are "

00 Offline Simon_Templar

• No Life Club
Reply #39 on: July 02, 2021, 02:25:29 PM
Congratulations on reaching the end of the 91mm  journey :hatsoff: Can only imagine the satisfaction of knocking a 2 year goal off the list. :cheers:

Thanks  :cheers: It was good fun indeed

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD