Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Sold or selling most of my MT and Knives - and it feels good!

us Offline countrydirt

I'm not sure if this is acceptable around this group of hoarders enthusiasts.  But here goes.   I became a single man again in December after 32 years.  After quite a bit of evaluation, I decided I needed to continue to divest myself of a lot of unused "stuff". I've been listing and selling Leatherman tools and knives and safety razors on eBay and quite honestly, it feels good. 

It's not about making money because I likely am not.  When I'm done on this journey, I'll only have 2 Wave + and a few pocket knives that I really use and 1 safety razor that I'll use every day.  Outside of the pocket knives, all will be things that I've purchased as a single guy.  The pocket knives are a couple of knives from my grandfathers (both have been gone for over 30 years) my first Uncle Henry and just a couple of Kershaws and Spydercos I'll carry occasionally, oh and that Camillus Yellow Jacket trapper that marks a special moment in my life.  And the one safety razor I actually use.

But what this little 'decision' has done is to continue to show me that I can let go of a past and move on into what is next.   And it removes that bit of guilt for keeping things that others can appreciate more than my dusty collection box, dresser top and boxes in the garage.  And it allows me to acknowledge that I have only really used a Wave since I bought that first Wave in 2000.  I cycled through quite a few other Leatherman models since then and the Wave quite simply meets my needs. 

us Offline countrydirt

Re: Sold or selling most of my MT and Knives - and it feels good!
Reply #1 on: August 05, 2021, 01:35:49 AM
oops, fat fingers

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #2 on: August 05, 2021, 02:21:53 AM
On ward and forward.  Good for you.   :salute:
Esse Quam Videri

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3 on: August 05, 2021, 04:17:32 PM
On ward and forward.  Good for you.   :salute:

+1

Whatever works for you, buddy!

:cheers: :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2021, 12:39:54 AM
Decluttering one's space is said to help considerably to declutter one's mind.  I'd love to declutter my space, but I can't find it just yet. :ahhh

us Offline ezdog

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 03:07:52 PM
I like this idea and by now am pretty set in my EDC ways too and have been for a while and all of the rest of the "Collection" is pretty much just results of the journey and sitting around collecting dust anyway.

I too really seem to use just a few things all of the time and though I like to admire the rest I often wonder why I keep it all around and in the way as well?

Sorry for the news of your Life but what they say is indeed true about a new door opening,I just had to have my Mind and Eyes open enough to see it when it did!

Good Luck.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD