Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Social Media Stuff

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Social Media Stuff
Reply #420 on: April 13, 2022, 12:07:54 PM
When people ask me what is the best, toughest tool on the market, the that beats all others, the one tool I would want on a deserted island for the rest of my life, there's only one answer- the Victorinox SwissTool, like this well used RS version.

The RS is my personal favorite version as it includes the serrated rescue blade and scissors, but you really can't go wrong with any of the versions.

With the highest tool density, all locking, outside opening tools, bulletproof warranty and a high polish finish that repels corrosion the SwissTool is a hard one to beat.  Learn all about it at BOTH SAKWiki.com and the Multitool.org Encyclopedia!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=SwissTool

https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=SwissTool

@victorinoxnorthamerica @victorinoxitalia @victorinox #victorinox #swisstool #victorinoxswisstool #swisstoolrs #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolencyclopedia #sakwiki #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknights #swissarmyknife #ultimatemultitool

* 16498443941260.jpg (Filesize: 181.14 KB)

* 16498443941881.jpg (Filesize: 186.1 KB)

* 16498443942082.jpg (Filesize: 159.08 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #421 on: April 14, 2022, 01:30:24 PM
I couldn't help but include a little members only I side joke on this one.  Bonus points for any who know what I'm talking about!   :D

Did you know there were two versions of Leatherman's Surge model?  This is the original, introduced in 2005 and produced until it was updated in 2013.

The Original Surge model is easy to spot due to its different set of functions, like the double ended eyeglass screwdriver bit, but is best known for the telltale rattle sound it makes when shaken- second generation Surges are silent.

Read all about both SURGE!!!! models in the Multitool.org Encyclopedia!  https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Surge

@leathermancanada @leathermanuk @leathermantools #Leatherman #leathermansurge #Surge #leathermantool #multitooldotorg #multitool #multitoolencyclopedia #originalsurge #leathermantool #leathermanmultitool #bigtool #insidejoke  #mintchocolatechip

* 16499357299851.jpg (Filesize: 178.87 KB)

* 16499357300242.jpg (Filesize: 172.57 KB)

* 16499357300543.jpg (Filesize: 157.59 KB)

* 16499357299440.jpg (Filesize: 203.46 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #422 on: April 15, 2022, 01:25:06 PM
Back in the mid to late 90's a company called Swiss*Tech was making some very cool stuff- tools like this one, the Screwball.

About the size of a golf ball or ping pong ball, the Screwball features eight fold out screwdrivers, and the ball actually makes a very useful and comfortable handle.

Read all about the Screwball on the Multitool Encyclopedia, only at Multitool.org!  https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=ScrewBall

@swisstech_usa #swisstech #swisstechscrewball #screwball #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolencyclopedia #screwdriver #keychain #keychaintool #keychaintools #edc

* 16500218497580.jpg (Filesize: 112.29 KB)

* 16500218497841.jpg (Filesize: 95.48 KB)

* 16500218498042.jpg (Filesize: 92.96 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #423 on: April 17, 2022, 02:03:27 PM
I couldn't help but include a little members only I side joke on this one.  Bonus points for any who know what I'm talking about!   :D

Did you know there were two versions of Leatherman's Surge model?  This is the original, introduced in 2005 and produced until it was updated in 2013.

The Original Surge model is easy to spot due to its different set of functions, like the double ended eyeglass screwdriver bit, but is best known for the telltale rattle sound it makes when shaken- second generation Surges are silent.

Read all about both SURGE!!!! models in the Multitool.org Encyclopedia!  https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Surge

@leathermancanada @leathermanuk @leathermantools #Leatherman #leathermansurge #Surge #leathermantool #multitooldotorg #multitool #multitoolencyclopedia #originalsurge #leathermantool #leathermanmultitool #bigtool #insidejoke  #mintchocolatechip

SURGE!!!!   :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #424 on: April 18, 2022, 10:57:07 AM
Glad someone picked up on it!  :D

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #425 on: April 18, 2022, 01:43:08 PM
Adding to the Keychain Gerber list is the Splice which features scissors, as opposed to its sister tool, the Vise which has pliers.

The Splice and Vise didn't last long, due likely to their overly chunky, uncomfortable handles, but they did feature a double jawed bottle opener, which made it much more effective than most keychain bottle openers with a single jaw.

Did you know we have a whole section dedicated to keychain sized multitools on our forum?  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php?board=36.0

@gerbergear #Gerber #gerbermultitools #gerbersplice #gerbervise #Splice #multitooldotorg #multitool #keychain #keychaintool #multitoolforum #forum

* 16502821100151.jpg (Filesize: 134.35 KB)

* 16502821100522.jpg (Filesize: 132.16 KB)

* 16502821100943.jpg (Filesize: 108.99 KB)

* 16502821099850.jpg (Filesize: 123.84 KB)

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #426 on: April 18, 2022, 06:40:21 PM
Glad someone picked up on it!  :D

Def

What's the deal with #mintchocolatechip ? Were you hungry at the time of that posting  :D

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #427 on: April 18, 2022, 07:04:34 PM
What's the deal with #mintchocolatechip ? Were you hungry at the time of that posting  :D

A long time ago we had a young man on the forum that insisted he was a 28 year old cop, while it was painfully obvious that he was a 14 year old boy.  He talked a big game, but whenever anyone asked for pictures of the things he insisted he had, he always "just lost it overboard while fishing."  Eventually I think he also lost the camera overboard too!   :ahhh

Whenever the Surge is mentioned to this day I think about him as he started many "what is your favorite _______" threads, often with the same blank as one he'd started a week earlier.  If the blank was a multitool, it was always written as SURGE!!!, sometimes also bolded, and sometimes underlined.  The other blank was ice cream- I don't know how many times he told us his favorite was Mint Chocolate Chip, but these are all things that still remind us of him.  At least those of us who were around in those days!

It got so bad that many members just started answering all of his posts and threads with "Mint Chocolate Chip."   :D

Def

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #428 on: April 18, 2022, 07:19:30 PM
A long time ago we had a young man on the forum that insisted he was a 28 year old cop, while it was painfully obvious that he was a 14 year old boy.  He talked a big game, but whenever anyone asked for pictures of the things he insisted he had, he always "just lost it overboard while fishing."  Eventually I think he also lost the camera overboard too!   :ahhh

Whenever the Surge is mentioned to this day I think about him as he started many "what is your favorite _______" threads, often with the same blank as one he'd started a week earlier.  If the blank was a multitool, it was always written as SURGE!!!, sometimes also bolded, and sometimes underlined.  The other blank was ice cream- I don't know how many times he told us his favorite was Mint Chocolate Chip, but these are all things that still remind us of him.  At least those of us who were around in those days!

It got so bad that many members just started answering all of his posts and threads with "Mint Chocolate Chip."   :D

Def

Haha, great story. Thanks for filling up the blanks for us who did not know  :rofl: Now that made me want some Mint Chocolate Chip  :ahhh

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #429 on: April 18, 2022, 11:46:59 PM
More importantly, how do you feel about the SURGE!!!?    :D

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #430 on: April 19, 2022, 12:35:25 PM
Something a little different today- the Travel Wrench from Datu Kelly Worden!

Also known as an Impact Kerambit and made from polycarbonate the Travel Wrench has a series of cutouts suitable for on the go repairs to things like bicycles, but also doubles as an impact based self defense tool.

Somewhere I even have the training VHS that went along with this one!

@wordendefensesystem #kellyworden #impactkerambit #selfdefense #selfedefence #travelwrench #kerambit #VHS #multitooldotorg #impactdevice #Wrench #polycarbonate #multitool #wheresthebottleopener

* 16503644929500.jpg (Filesize: 143.7 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #431 on: April 19, 2022, 01:39:45 PM
Haha, great story. Thanks for filling up the blanks for us who did not know  :rofl: Now that made me want some Mint Chocolate Chip  :ahhh

:rofl: Now a few more know why I write SURGE!!!!! the way I do :D

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #432 on: April 19, 2022, 04:28:17 PM
More importantly, how do you feel about the SURGE!!!?    :D

Def

SURGE!!! in BO is like Mint Chocolate Chip  :ahhh  :ahhh  :ahhh

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #433 on: April 19, 2022, 08:56:57 PM
Something a little different today- the Travel Wrench from Datu Kelly Worden!

Also known as an Impact Kerambit and made from polycarbonate the Travel Wrench has a series of cutouts suitable for on the go repairs to things like bicycles, but also doubles as an impact based self defense tool.

Somewhere I even have the training VHS that went along with this one!

@wordendefensesystem #kellyworden #impactkerambit #selfdefense #selfedefence #travelwrench #kerambit #VHS #multitooldotorg #impactdevice #Wrench #polycarbonate #multitool #wheresthebottleopener

Here's a small sample:

:mn:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #434 on: April 20, 2022, 12:06:31 AM
Nice!

Kelly was also nice enough to share my post on FB.   :D

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #435 on: April 20, 2022, 01:22:08 PM
When it comes to card type tools I usually look the other way, as most are cheap junk.  Not so with the AXEM 4.0 from Steel Life.

This Italian outdoor/survival tool includes a saw, axe, spear head, screwdriver, several wrench cutouts and the all important bottle opener!

Read the in depth look at the AXEM 4.0 on the Multitool.org Forum! https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,78867.0.html

@steellife.italy #steellife #steellifeitalia #steellifeitaly #survivaltool #survival #multitooldotorg #multitool #cardtool #multitoolforum #axem #axem4 #axem40

* 16504536627442.jpg (Filesize: 248.34 KB)

* 16504536627121.jpg (Filesize: 182.26 KB)

* 16504536626870.jpg (Filesize: 153.53 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #436 on: April 21, 2022, 03:44:36 PM
Common sense would dictate that I wait another month and a half to post this Victorinox Hunter, but I think it's worth seeing every day.

As you can see, this isn't a normal Hunter- this is a D-Day commemorative Hunter, with olive scales and a Willy's Jeep on the front scale.

Visit SAKWiki.com for all you ever wanted to know about the Victorinox Hunter!  https://sakwiki.com/tiki-index.php?page=Hunter

@victorinoxnorthamerica @victorinoxitalia @victorinox @jeep @jeepca #victorinox #victorinoxhunter #swissarmyknives #swissarmyknights #swissarmyknife #Hunter #sakwiki #sak #jeep #willysjeep #dday #wwii

* 16504899687381.jpg (Filesize: 121.98 KB)

* 16504899687822.jpg (Filesize: 125.79 KB)

* 16504888561620.jpg (Filesize: 109.05 KB)

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #437 on: April 21, 2022, 03:58:00 PM
That is an awesome commemorative  :tu: :tu: :tu:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #438 on: April 21, 2022, 05:02:59 PM
That is an awesome commemorative  :tu: :tu: :tu:

:iagree:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #439 on: April 21, 2022, 06:13:49 PM
Thanks guys!

Here's the original thread if you are interested:

https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,35539.msg880140.html#msg880140

Def

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #440 on: April 21, 2022, 09:49:50 PM
The Gerber Mini Suspension comes in two versions- the P (for pliers) and the S for the scissor based version.

But, did you know, while they may have been packaged as new models, it was actually just the Gerber Clutch and Shortcut with fancier handle scales?

Read about them all with the Multitool Encyclopedia!  https://wiki.multitool.org/tiki-index.php?page=Clutch

@gerbergear #gerberclutch #gerbersuspension #gerberminisuspension #gerbershortcut #thoughtwewouldntnotice #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolencyclopedia #Clutch #Shortcut #minisuspension #keychaintool

I just picked up a Gerber combo set that included a Mini Suspension, Shard and a Paraframe, basically because I wanted the Mini Suspension.
Try as I might, I just didn't like my Gerber Dime, and the entire combo set was just a couple of bucks more than the Dime alone.  For me, the additional Shard and another beater Paraframe was just icing on the cake.

* Gerber mini suspension set.jpg (Filesize: 195.47 KB)
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #441 on: April 21, 2022, 10:55:56 PM
Nice score!

The Shard alone is probably worth the price!

I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on all of it.

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #442 on: April 22, 2022, 04:14:44 PM
When it comes to really cool but forgotten tools, the Gerber Grappler would be at the top of the list- if anyone remembered it!

Featuring a full set of outside opening tools, the Grappler was named for its locking plier head- a feature it shares with the Leatherman Crunch and Kershaw A-100.

Read all about the Grappler on our forum!  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,18075.0.html

@gerbergear @leathermantools @kershawknives #Gerber #gerbermultitools #gerbergrappler #Grappler #multitooldotorg #multitool #multitoolforum #lockingpliers #tool #edc #edctool

* 16506367641790.jpg (Filesize: 146.31 KB)

* 16506367642181.jpg (Filesize: 139.42 KB)

* 16506367642452.jpg (Filesize: 133.13 KB)

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #443 on: April 24, 2022, 12:06:47 AM
Nice score!

The Shard alone is probably worth the price!

I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts on all of it.

Def

So far, I'm liking the Mini Suspension tool.  It's not designed to take the place of a full sized anything, (I hate when folks try to use a mini tool for above what they should be, break it, and then give it a bad review).
I'd say that it's definitely too heavy for a keychain, but it's comfortable in the pocket.
I like the blade, it came fairly sharp.  The nail file is ok but the nail cleaner needs work to make it comfortable to use.
Tweezers are adequate as are the screwdrivers.
Handle tools are all slipjoint and do not lock.
The plier head is also adequate and is the internal spring loaded design.

Can't say enough about the Shard.  I carry one on my tool keyring and I love it.

The Paraframe is a Paraframe, either folks like them or don't.
They've been around for a long time and honestly, I probably have more of them than I should.  I typically use them as a beater when I'd not to want to damage something else.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #444 on: April 24, 2022, 01:23:46 AM
My thoughts are very similar.  I have nothing against the Mini Suspension, it just doesn't seem that exciting to me.  I prefer it's predecessors, the ShortCut and Clutch, mostly as I find the scales easier to grip.

Overall there's nothing wrong with the Mini Suspension P and S, I just don't think they are the best version of themselves.

Agreed on the Shard, and I think the Paraframe suffers a lot from having been around too long.  It is a great knife, very minimalist and lightweight, but also not one another thinks about.  My guess is because it's not exciting enough, but it is rock solid.

Def

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #445 on: April 24, 2022, 02:59:04 AM
That was a good score with the Shard and the other 2 :like:

I also very much like the Grappler and almost went for one more than once but other members that had one said it was not the caliber of the Crunch (with being similar price and in some cases much higher :ahhh ) :facepalm:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #446 on: April 25, 2022, 06:49:10 PM
Another forum shout out again today.  :D

Today's tool is another interesting one- originally called the Ta-Bar tool after it's designer, Raleigh Tabor, the name was changed to the Spare Tool for production so as not to upset another well known knife brand!

This is obviously a pre-production version as it has the original name on it, and, if I recall correctly, there was also a change made to the kydex sheath.  Maybe someone @crkt could help me with that little detail!

Read all about the Ta-Bar, I mean Spare Tool on our forum!  https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,17065.0.html

@crkt @crkt_knives #crkt #crktsparetool #columbiariverknifeandtool #columbiariverknifeandtools #sparetool #raleightabor #raleightaborknives #tabar #multitooldotorg #multitool #multitoolforum

* 16509052910540.jpg (Filesize: 169.05 KB)

* 16509052910881.jpg (Filesize: 183.62 KB)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #447 on: April 26, 2022, 10:22:41 PM
The SeberTool M3 from SeberTech was an excellent keychain tool, similar to the SwissTech Micro Technician series, but a little more refined.

Featuring full size and mini screwdrivers and a useful set of pliers and wire cutters the SeberTool M3 was a good set of options without a lot of bulk.

The SeberTool M3 name was changed when SeberTech was bought by IDL Tools- you can find out all about SeberTech, SwissTech and IDL on our forum. https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,36.0.html

@swisstechusa #idltools #sebertech #swisstech #sebertool #sebertoolm3 #keychaintool #multitool #multitooldotorg #multitoolforum #m3 #edctool #edc

* 16510044600750.jpg (Filesize: 185.6 KB)

* 16510044601131.jpg (Filesize: 189.82 KB)

* 16510044601452.jpg (Filesize: 146.18 KB)

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #448 on: April 27, 2022, 05:26:42 AM
 :like:
I've got an M3 on the shelf, have carried an M2 (same, but without the mini screwdrivers) for years, and have the IDL version of the M2 as a spare. Great little tools!
SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (7), Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
65mm: Wenger Esquire
74mm: Executive
85mm: Evolution S557, Traveler,
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer
93mm: Pioneer Alox

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #449 on: April 27, 2022, 12:24:00 PM
I've been  a fan of the Swiss*Tech Micro Technician l8ne since I first laid eyes on it.  The M2 and M3 are basically more refined versions of the Micro Technician, and I instantly fell in love with them too.

They really are a special bit of kit!

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD
26%