Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

New Maxpedition products for 2023!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
New Maxpedition products for 2023!
on: January 15, 2023, 04:43:04 PM
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Offline Tasky

• Galaxy-hopping garbage-man
Re: New Maxpedition products for 2023!
Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 09:37:07 PM
I feel rather underwhelmed.....

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 08:32:45 AM
Kind of my thoughts exactly.

That having been said, I do like the "less tactical" looks they are going for these days.  I carry my NTT 27 most places because it isn't covered in MOLLE panels and Velcro. 

There's a time and place for that stuff, and it isn't 100% of the time.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline MadPlumbarian

• Point Of No Return
  • Plumbers Know Their Crap!!
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 03:03:54 PM
Eww, it’s like some of these new cars, they think there so highly advanced so they have to look space age but with a hint of 4x4 in them, the only thing that looked cool in that entire collection was the EDC patch, I’m sorry but I’d I wanted a bag that’s going to work I not going with something like that and going with some old school tactical!

Speaking of molle, ever heard of “the molle panel” it’s a simple bag, totally flat only two sided, yet with molle on both sides, loops of webbing on each side of the corner so that you can put grimlocks on them and then add shoulder straps to turn it into any type of bag, shoulder, backpack, even chest carry, this thing was going to be hot carry back in the day but I went to contact them and it was as if they just didn’t exist,, then poof their page was still there but when you click on the go to store button it’s unavailable, I’ve been looking for so long thinking someone might sell one but I guess they just never produced them?
JR

"The-Mad-Plumbarian" The Punisher Of Pipes!!! JR
As I sit on my Crapper Throne in the Reading Room and explode on the Commode, thinking, how my flush beat John’s and Jerry’s pair? Jack’s had to run for the Water Closet yet ended up tripping on a Can bowing and hitting his Head on the Porcelain God! 🚽

gb Offline Tasky

Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 10:32:33 PM
Kind of my thoughts exactly.
That having been said, I do like the "less tactical" looks they are going for these days.  I carry my NTT 27 most places because it isn't covered in MOLLE panels and Velcro. 
There's a time and place for that stuff, and it isn't 100% of the time.
Def

I agree with most of that... except MOLLE and Velcro™ are fine so long as they're not limited by the tacticool colours to which manufacturers typical limit themselves, ie OG, sand, black and various camo patterns.
If they mixed it up to, say, grey with red accents or blue with green accents, it'd look like any other civvy outdoorsy/hiking/sporty backpacking kit.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #5 on: January 17, 2023, 04:10:32 AM
 :iagree:

I love the idea of splashes of colors.  The grey thing is blah.  I understand trying to appeal to the less tactical folks.  Splashes of color could very well be what their terrific products could use.  I'm thiking Opsrey meets Maxpedition.     
Esse Quam Videri

gb Offline Tasky

Reply #6 on: January 17, 2023, 12:11:04 PM
They could all do with that, pretty much - Maxped, 5.11, Pentagon, Helikon, the whole lot.
Same for clothing - Carinthia, Crye, ClawGear, UF Pro... basically the same colour range as Arcteryx and Patagonia, but still with the tacticool features.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 05:36:07 PM
 :iagree: :like:

They most certainly can AND SHOULD. 

Hey Maxpedition, you're welcome  ;)
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Farmer X

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Master of the unexciting
Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 06:33:42 PM
Black backpacks wouldn't bother me in the least. The last few I had were black, due to U.S. Navy uniform regulations...if you wore a backpack while in uniform, solid black was the only acceptable color that I can recall. Though it's funny how old habits die hard, some bright trim would be preferred nowadays.

But being that I'm not in the market for a new backpack or anything along those lines, it's awl a moot point anyway.
USN 2000-2006

Culling of the knife and multi herds in progress...

If I pay five figures for something, it better have wings or a foundation!

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #9 on: January 17, 2023, 06:53:17 PM
Valid.  Black is great and has its place as do the other colors they offered before the whole grey thing.  I feel like LM and others all followed that theme with grey. 

Keep black.  I think trim and things Tasky mentioned were great.  Not limited to only tactical. 

Esse Quam Videri

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $139.46
PayPal Fees: $8.05
Net Balance: $131.41
Below Goal: $168.59
Site Currency: USD